Tottenham Hotspur v Man City [UCL QF] - Tuesday, April 9th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Someone said on another thread that it was two Honest English players going for the ball!!

Like fuck it was
Dirty cheating cunt
Well they got half of it right...

If it were a foreign player doing that to 'one of ours', they'd be talking about the cynicism of the Continental game infecting our domestic clubs...

It seems skewed jingoism works BOTH ways!

sun10.jpg

To be fair, Sonny and Scare is a fantastic headline.

Bit harsh Baz, I would have just said he’s a bit of a dopey cunt with poor technique??
How does it feel that your agenda and self preservation campaign gets in the way of nights like the City game?

Must be shit being a fan for you.

For my critique of Eriksen I think he was really good against Palace, and apart from his dead balls v City was at his best.
It’s what any fan would want despite their views on a players form or ability.

You clearly want Sissoko to fail so I’m not sure what that makes you.

And followed up by ‘you’re a troll’. Award winning stuff this.

I couldn’t watch the City game so that is probably why but hey it didn’t stop my fans posting about me before and after the game. I mean just how pathetic can you get - it’s a major game and yet the focus is on me.
Flush this turd once and for all

Personally I don’t mind City fans too much. To me they are Way down the list of cunty fanbases.
On the whole most of their fans remember when they were shite, which of course wasn’t that long ago.
It does seem that all the fawning compliments from money worshipping football pundits has made sections of them more arrogant.
Agree with that,to a point.I am seeing more and more of the arrogant variety though.
No where near Chelsea levels yet though.

I never had a problem with City because they help prevent LFC, CFC & AFC winning the league but i made the mistake of having a 10-15 minute perusal of Bluemoon.....:roseunsure:
Hahaha yeah, i always found City fans to be ok, but there is a new breed creeping in.Not as bad as Chelsea though,who have completely rewritten their own history.Did you know that along with Liverpool they were the best supported club in the 80s?...

How does it feel that your agenda and self preservation campaign gets in the way of nights like the City game?

Must be shit being a fan for you.

For my critique of Eriksen I think he was really good against Palace, and apart from his dead balls v City was at his best.
It’s what any fan would want despite their views on a players form or ability.

You clearly want Sissoko to fail so I’m not sure what that makes you.

For someone who’s spent four months telling everyone that Eriksen is shit, I’d say people with glass agendas shouldn’t throw stones.

Even super duper fans like you Sammy.

Hahaha yeah, i always found City fans to be ok, but there is a new breed creeping in.Not as bad as Chelsea though,who have completely rewritten their own history.Did you know that along with Liverpool they were the best supported club in the 80s?...

Like the eye watering attendance of 9000 against Coventry in 1994 you mean?

For someone who’s spent four months telling everyone that Eriksen is shit, I’d say people with glass agendas shouldn’t throw stones.

Even super duper fans like you Sammy.

But.....I can say when Eriksens been good...and I do.
I also want him to play to the level I know he can. That’s world class, and I can probably find 10 posts down the years where I’ve said that, so clearly no agenda.

Don’t try and compare my views to yours.
I can say unbegrudgingly that any and every single member of the squad had a good game when they have.
You however need to read graphs for two days before you can even write a review.

You can’t praise Sissoko and that’s why your support is shit....you seem to have a complex about it. If you have a problem with me thinking I’m a super fan, then that’s your crisis pal.

That’s it - you’re a West Ham supporter and you don’t subscribe to groupthink? That’s what you’re firing back with?
you keep flinging out "groupthink" but its equally, if not more relevant, just how isolated your view is. In any form of analysis you'd be seen as outlier data and be generally disregarded as an anomaly.

You wont see this, but you're basically as pointless as the people you criticize.

Last edited:
It was such a bipolar evening. we had 2 big screens, one with Spurs on it and the other with news and the election results coming in.
Kane was injured and we started thinking it was fucking over, we we're looking stretched. Winks and Sissoko were fighting like it's Dday.
Suddenly Son scored and we erupted but on the other screen as results were pouring in it was clear that the anti-democratic coalition had a majority. we just stood there 9 spurs supporters still embraced but really wary.
The final whistle saw a huge exclaim of joy but we quickly each fucked off back home.

It was like living in 2 bodies at the same time, one was at the Lane bouncing the other was here.

Onward and upwards.
Your country lives in a dictatorship, man. That idiot's got a 5th term propped up by religious fanatics and rightwingers.

But.....I can say when Eriksens been good...and I do.
I also want him to play to the level I know he can. That’s world class, and I can probably find 10 posts down the years where I’ve said that, so clearly no agenda.

Don’t try and compare my views to yours.
I can say unbegrudgingly that any and every single member of the squad had a good game when they have.
You however need to read graphs for two days before you can even write a review.

You can’t praise Sissoko and that’s why your support is shit....you seem to have a complex about it. If you have a problem with me thinking I’m a super fan, then that’s your crisis pal.

Saying when someone is good when they are good doesn’t make saying they are shit when they aren’t any righter (or less of an agenda). It just makes you another hypocritical twit who doesn’t know his arse from his fucking elbow on a football forum.

I said Sissoko had a decent game (by his standards- and even the player himself acknowledges his own qualities - see his thread) against Palace. I haven’t given a single appraisal of his performance against City yet, that hasn’t seem to stop the cult of Sissoko numpty fan club piping up with their opinions of my (non existent) critique.

What sort of super fan is more obsessed with scoring non existent interweb points about their favourite player than they are about just enjoying a great night.

Back
Top Bottom