The race for top four.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chelsea and united still have to play each other, United still have city and Chelsea still have the dippers away. If we don’t get top 4 from here it will be the ultimate spursy

If results go how they should out of those 3 I think we'll be well alright.

Man U vs Chelsea draw, United vs City away win & Liverpool vs Chelsea home win and we'll be rosy.

Next weekend is a mammoth one for us. We will really know how tight this fights going to be.

Spurs are a point ahead of Woolwich and Chelsea atm and 3 points ahead of ManU so its tight enough. But looking at the remaining fixtures :

Spurs have ManCity away but otherwise Huddersfield (home), Brighton (home) , Wham (home) and finishing with Everton at home.

Woolwich have a decent run in but still need to go to Watford, Wolves and Leicester

Chelsea still have to go away to Liverpool, ManU and Leicester

ManU still have home games against Chelsea and ManCity and away to Everton

Chelsea and ManU probably have the toughest run ins on paper and should drop more points than Spurs .

If Woolwich away form continues, they will also drop more points than Spurs.

So we are in a good position to finish 3rd - but need to ensure we perform better than our recent run, don't pick up more injuries and don't get dispirited against ManCity who we play 3 times in 2 weeks including the CL games so could get a bit knackered

The united and woolwich results this week along with our return to winning should be enough to really get the bit between our teeth now, I think we will be fine.
Absolutely no chance whatsoever the scum win all those other three away games and/or united and chelsea win against the top two.

Top 4 odds after today's game:

Spurs 2/7
Woolwich 8/11
Chelsea 6/5
Man U 13/5

After today I think we can afford one more game where we drop points. That little bit of potential breathing space now and that's without all of the other teams having a blip

Fcuk the odds.

We got to grind out 4 wins from 6. As simple as that.

Won't be easy but we have been given all the incentive we need.

If we fcuk it now then it will be beyond apology.

The united and woolwich results this week along with our return to winning should be enough to really get the bit between our teeth now, I think we will be fine.
Absolutely no chance whatsoever the scum win all those other three away games and/or united and chelsea win against the top two.

It's been a great 6 days for us after a real bastard of a weekend with Chelsea snatching 3 points in injury time and Lloris having one of his farty arse moments.

Wolves, Everton, Watford & Leicester & the battle for that Europa League place will be crucial for how the top 4 shapes up. We have the upper hand

Last edited:
Fcuk the odds.

We got to grind out 4 wins from 6. As simple as that.

Won't be easy but we have been given all the incentive we need.

If we fcuk it now then it will be beyond apology.

The odds helps understand a little more than face value with how much data is used these days etc.

Obviously it counts for nothing but I'd much rather be at the top of that list than at the bottom. All can change in a moment though and it's all about a 100% record at home agreed.

The scum really are a bunch of muggy cunts aren’t they?

After they went above us, all their players and their supporters were gobbing off about finishing above us, no class about them whatsoever, they were talking about how there hasn’t been a “power shift” and that we are bottlers etc.

And then lo and behold, they look like twats again, as they always do LOL.

They are becoming as irrelevant as West Ham are to us at this rate.

Well done Toffees! Scum won't win at Wolves either.

Woolwich won't get 4 wins against Watford, Wolves, Leicester & Burnley away which is making me feel far better about things.

That result for them today is a big dent in their hopes. Chelsea & Man U will get sharpened up by today's result no doubt.

The big games for the other teams for the rest of our season are:

Liverpool vs Chelsea
Watford vs Woolwich
Everton vs Man U
Wolves vs Woolwich
Man U vs Man City
Man U vs Chelsea
Leicester vs Woolwich
Burnley vs Woolwich
Leicester vs Chelsea

9 fixtures that you'd like to think won't all go against us. It's shaping up nicely due to the last 6 days or so.

It's been an excellent 5 days...... At 0-0 against Palace I had major fears that we'd end today being 4 points behind Woolwich having played the same amount of games.....

What a difference 5 days makes....

Woolwich away record this season is awful

It's been an excellent 5 days...... At 0-0 against Palace I had major fears that we'd end today being 4 points behind Woolwich having played the same amount of games.....

What a difference 5 days makes....

Woolwich away record this season is awful
They’ve conceded the same number of goals away as Cardiff 😂

Watford play the filth next week-this game today will be a huge boost ahead of that!

What a credit to the fa cup these two have been today I must say too-absolutely brilliant match, would much prefer wolves to have won it but hats off to both.

Watford play the filth next week-this game today will be a huge boost ahead of that!

What a credit to the fa cup these two have been today I must say too-absolutely brilliant match, would much prefer wolves to have won it but hats off to both.

Football script reads cup hangover on that one sadly.

Football script reads cup hangover on that one sadly.

Yeah and cup final on their minds, will want to avoid injuries from now on. Watford will be a pushover now till the final

3 points for the scum

I think they will drop points against Wolves and Leicester

Yeah and cup final on their minds, will want to avoid injuries from now on. Watford will be a pushover now till the final

3 points for the scum

With them in the race for a Europa spot, no chance they'll be letting up. 8 days before they play Woolwich, that should be more than enough time to get today's joy out of their systems

3 points for the scum

Aye. Both in decent form and gunning for EL bodes well.

With them in the race for a Europa spot, no chance they'll be letting up. 8 days before they play Woolwich, that should be more than enough time to get today's joy out of their systems

With City already LC winners aren't Watford (as FA cup finalists) now already qualified for EL?

Back
Top Bottom