DESK, One Has to Go.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would YOU sell first?

• Total voters
Simple. The one who is already set on leaving.

Whilst Christian is instrumental to us when he is in form and on song he also hinders us immensely in attack when he isn't. If he is set on leaving we should not force him to stay.

Eriksen.

Kane and Dele to me are both irreplaceable. No one in world football does what Kane does and I feel Dele is so important to our overall play. He's arguably just as creative as Eriksen and chips in with more goals too. And Son is just Son. Huge for us in the Asian market and scores important match winning goals for us.

Eriksen has done very well to be marketed by Spurs fans as "Our most important player" - but this is bollocks, let's be honest. For a start, he barely misses any games for this statement to even be true. In fact, going off statistics alone and how we perform and our results, Dele Alli is probably our most important player that we miss most when he's out.

Eriksen has been an EXCELLENT player for us. Key to us at times but when your performances drop to such a poor standard (by his standards) and there are talks of him not renewing his contract and links away, you have to question the guy really. A shame as he was something else during the 16/17 season (Don't think he's been as good for us since that year, who has?)

A change in system is needed as we're looking very predictable and slow in our current state, so with Eriksen leaving hopefully it signals a change in direction in terms of how we play. 433 would be the perfect way to go. Dele deeper with a holding midfielder behind him and someone who can control a game next to him (Winks or someone new). Son and Kane making up two of the three up top.

If it was assumed all were staying I'd sell Dele. Can't remember seeing him step up in a big game. Seems to dominate lower level opposition only and would command a high fee given hes young and English.

If it was assumed all were staying I'd sell Dele. Can't remember seeing him step up in a big game. Seems to dominate lower level opposition only and would command a high fee given hes young and English.
I see this type of thinking all the time when he plays for England. I don't understand how people can't see how vital he is to the squad. He has also scored some of the most massive goals for us in the past 4 seasons.

He doesn't have the touch of Eriksen of Kane to pick out a pass, but he doesn't have to because he sees the field and finds space better than any Spurs player.

In terms of who the team misses when they are out, for me its Dele, Eriksen, Kane, then Son in that order.

Dele hasn't scored in big games.

Just goals against Madrid, Man Utd, Woolwich, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, a World Cup quarter final and twice in FA Cup semi finals.

Fucking small time player

For all the reasons above, why would anyone vote anyone else but Eriksen, talk about a no-brainer! Wouldn't have said so last season, but even his most ferocious supporters can't argue that he has been mostly woeful this time around. If he had signed a new contract, think he would have been given a bit more leeway.

People just aren't being objective. I get that everyone's pissed because he's probably looking to move, but come on, he's now less influential than Alli ?

Bullshit.

This just isn't rational. People are saying Eriksen hasn't been at his best lately, and I personally don't think anyone has, including Alli or Kane for much of the season (when they played) and it's got a lot to do with many other factors, the fatigue of our whole team after a WC and no pre season, having no discernible midfield, Pochettino playing stupid formats with players out of position almost every week - but all that aside Eriksen at "meh" level is still more often than not our most influential outfield player.

Kane is uber, and runs him very close, but we've proven every time he's out that we've barely missed him in terms of performances and results. Alli has enormous bouts of poor form, frequently. And his meh is a fuck of a lot lower than Eriksen's "meh". Alli at his best creates half the chances for other people Eriksen does. Sees the ball 20% less. Assists less. Scores less (or the same). At his worst he's seeing the ball 25 times a game, not 35-45 like Eriksen at his worst.

There's no way if you have a choice of Eriksen for the next 5 years or Alli that you logically choose Alli.

On the basis of ability, it'd be Dele. He's the one whose style of play I enjoy the least.

I'm a big, big Eriksen fan but not happy with his performances at the moment. On top of having to do too much donkey work in that deeper position, I fully believe he doesn't want to be here.

People just aren't being objective. I get that everyone's pissed because he's probably looking to move, but come on, he's now less influential than Alli ?

Bullshit.

This just isn't rational. People are saying Eriksen hasn't been at his best lately, and I personally don't think anyone has, including Alli or Kane for much of the season (when they played) and it's got a lot to do with many other factors, the fatigue of our whole team after a WC and no pre season, having no discernible midfield, Pochettino playing stupid formats with players out of position almost every week - but all that aside Eriksen at "meh" level is still more often than not our most influential outfield player.

Kane is uber, and runs him very close, but we've proven every time he's out that we've barely missed him in terms of performances and results. Alli has enormous bouts of poor form, frequently. And his meh is a fuck of a lot lower than Eriksen's "meh". Alli at his best creates half the chances for other people Eriksen does. Sees the ball 20% less. Assists less. Scores less (or the same). At his worst he's seeing the ball 25 times a game, not 35-45 like Eriksen at his worst.

There's no way if you have a choice of Eriksen for the next 5 years or Alli that you logically choose Alli.
Dele is our future. Christian is not.

Back
Top Bottom