Liverpoo v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 31.03.19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe quote my whole post. it's still shocking you think Jan window was poor but the summer one was good. If that's your entire opinion then you are right on one thing (no one agrees)

Whats shocking is people saying the summer window was a shambles but we didn’t need to put it right in January.

It’s the most nonsensical load of bollocks I’ve ever heard on here......right up there with:

“There is no such thing as urgency”

“Buying players is not spending money if you sell players”

“5th is better than 4th”

“Eriksen is playing well”

Takes some doing, but “we didn’t need to sign players in January because we should have done it in the summer” takes the crown.

Fantastic logic mate well done

That makes zero sense. Who said we shouldn’t sign in January? I posted here a million times since May last year that our midfield is dog Shite.
Haha
So all the people disagreeing with me that we should have replaced Dembele in January and upgraded Janssen and Llorente to cover Kane and Son.......they.......actually agree with me now?

No one is saying we shouldn’t or couldn’t have signed in January? Well how come they are saying just that.

Youri Tielemans?
But not for us. He made a conscious decision for gametime as per 'on the continent'(?). And how many times does Poch have to say he doesn't like Jan. signings because it takes too long to integrate. He believes in his preseason. Moura didn't play much last season.

Last edited:
Well I'm lost for words. Can't respond to this gibberish!

So you think signing players in the summer would help us after Christmas

But signing the same players in January wouldn’t help us after Christmas

How do you know they would have been successful if we signed them in August by the way? What if they flopped and we were 9th at Christmas?

The season wouldn’t have been the same with new players and you are taking it for granted they would have us better than 3rd.
You have decided that they would have had us above one or both of City and Liverpool and that’s just a massive wild assumption.

However I think it’s far more likely they would have improved our form from January to now.
Hardly a difficult ask

So you think signing players in the summer would help isn’t after Christmas

But signing the same players in January wouldn’t help us after Christmas

How do you know they would have been successful if we signed them in August by the way? What if they flopped and we were 9th at Christmas?

The season wouldn’t have been the same with new players and you are taking it for granted they would have us better than 3rd.
You have decided that they would have had us above one or both of City and Liverpool and that’s just a massive wild assumption.

However I think it’s far more likely they would have improved out for from January to now.
Hardly a difficult ask

I'm sorry I don't understand this collection of words that you deem 'a response'

Once again (for the umpteenth time):

Sign players in the Summer (not on the last day of the summer deadline as you've chosen to focus on) so they have a pre-season to integrate with their new team mates and the manager's requirements for them.

Don't sign players in January as there is no time to integrate and the post-Christmas matches become increasingly important.

How difficult is this to understand? This is not a rule, but my opinion - is that also difficult to understand?

And how many times does Poch have to say he doesn't like Jan. signings because it takes too long to integrate. He believes in his preseason. Moura didn't play much last season.

Seems like the manager agrees with me (or more correctly, me with him!) - from another post.

Last edited:
Haha
So all the people disagreeing with me that we should have replaced Dembele in January and upgraded Janssen and Llorente to cover Kane and Son.......they.......actually agree with me now?

No one is saying we shouldn’t or couldn’t have signed in January? Well how come they are saying just that.
I’m not trying to be a cunt but what the fuck are you saying? It’s all gibberish and at the end you are right about stuff nobody argued against you. Surely you are trolling us.

Surely you are trolling us.

I'm getting the feeling that's exactly what's going on. The collection of words that he writes doesn't make sense.

He's doing it to elicit a response from us - so I guess we're to blame.

But honestly, some of the ideas are bonkers and demand a response.

He's also very good (credit where it's due) of taking phrases and sentences and twisting them, leaving the bulk of the response hanging in the air.

Oh well, on to more reasonable posters (and Wednesday night!)

I'm getting the feeling that's exactly what's going on. The collection of words that he writes doesn't make sense.

He's doing it to elicit a response from us - so I guess we're to blame.

But honestly, some of the ideas are bonkers and demand a response.

He's also very good (credit where it's due) of taking phrases and sentences and twisting them, leaving the bulk of the response hanging in the air.

Oh well, on to more reasonable posters (and Wednesday night!)
It’s like talking in riddles about stuff nobody argued making a big scene

Could hardly sleep, but I figured I would feel at least somewhat better this morning.

I was wrong...
Won't feel good until Wednesday. Taking a half-day to watch the match at the local supporters club bar. So I will either be happy drunk or deeply depressed drunk - but I'm choosing to be optimistic at the moment.

I appreciate your response ! Civil can be done :)
Yup, all it takes is good faith and intellectual integrity. So easy even a left coaster can do it. (oh shit, did I just drop the tenor of our debate? My bad :allitongue:)

He will never have the flair some want or the rocket shot.
Yeah, don't want the 'flair'. Still will never and can't appreciate anything Cristiano Ronaldo does because of all his useless herky-jerky stepovers from 4 miles away from his defender during his ManU days. And before the rocket shot i would just be happy with him, as a nominal MF, to always have the ball in a position to make a pass instead of all the extra touches and dribbles he has to make in order get his body into positi...and the move is dead!

Come this time next year I expect him to have the numbers he has had.
You and me both my 'legalized' brother. But more than the numbers i would prefer a rounded MF game as that would be more beneficial to Spurs and him in the long run. This is his 4th season with us and I worry that the goals/production stunted his growth as an all-around player. Think of how much Harry's game has grown in that time and how little Dele's has? Fingers crossed.

Slagging Levy off for the summer yet things were fine at Christmas

Refuse to accept the January window was a failure or a problem because it’s impossible to sign in January

So Levy wasn’t a tight cunt in January and it wasn’t the club’s fault

Only the summer window was a problem and no one thinks we should have solidified our position in January?
You can't expect to make star signings in January without breaking the bank and bankrupting the club you dumb cunt

No because I can go back three years and you’ll find me slagging off Poch for not integrating the likes of Janssen.

Said it then and said it now, that the unused fringe players should be integrated or sold.

Dembele wasn’t a fringe player and didn’t need replacing in August. He was one of our best players in the first half of the season, then got injured and was sold.
I rated Dembele in August as one of our best players.
Why would I want him replaced?

The last bit of your post was nonsensical.
It doesn’t make sense because it’s based on your narcissistic view that your opinion is a fact.
I don’t believe I’m wrong any more than you believe you are wrong.
Nobody argues an opinion they think is wrong, so to someone who disagrees with you, I guess you are simply the asshole in your shite anecdote.
Dembele barely played in the first half of the season
:kanehand:

Wait, you think van Dijk is crap?

No arguing with this logic from Sammy. Sammy says it, so it must be true!

van Dijk (no matter how much we hate it) - currently the best defender in the World.

Klopp really lucked out when he bought him. Was VvD and Pochettino at Southampton together - I can't remember?

No arguing with this logic from Sammy. Sammy says it, so it must be true!

van Dijk (no matter how much we hate it) - currently the best defender in the World.

Klopp really lucked out when he bought him. Was VvD and Pochettino at Southampton together - I can't remember?
No, I think he was brought in as a replacement to Alderweireld

Back
Top Bottom