Liverpoo v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 31.03.19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Of course he has made mistakes. But what do you want, sack him? ffs

If he can’t get top 4 with this squad after blowing a 13pt gap to 5th why would that question be so outlandish?

I don’t want him sacked, but I fully understand the notion of him not getting the best out of this team anymore, and if we are not winning any trophies, then we should be fulfilling our target in the table.

Levy fails, people call for his head....Trippier, Sissoko, Lloris fail and it’s time to replace them.

But Poch has a free card to failure?

No, he needs to sort his fucking house out and fast

I think a relative lack of world class talent stops us being able to compete with Man City plus a flimsy and easily distracted set of players mean we can wobble inexplicably against dross.

That said it’s never been as bad as this with this set of players, they have all become too comfortable. This is where we needed new signings to bring freshness and competition to a squad that has aged suddenly and become complacent.

LEADERSHIP is what we lack. Sometimes it's also world class talent but mostly it is about having a leader.

We haven't even got a player who compares to Wes Morgan in terms of leadership.

But we didn’t need to strengthen our midfield last summer because Demele, Dier and Wanyama were fit.
We had just finished 3rd, and by New Years could have gone 2pts off top, despite having to play with Winks and Sissoko all season.

Then we sold Dembele, and with the constant injuries a new CM and forward was paramount in the January window.

I’m not sure why you have tried to merge the situation we are in now, to the one we was in last August.

If Wanyama, Dembele and Dier had stayed fit and in form you wouldn’t be talking about new CMs.
Or do you think we needed cover for our first three options and should have predicted injuries to all three last summer?
How on earth can you sit there and tell me Wanyama was fit last summer. Everybody knew on the basis of last season that Dier would never be good enough in midfield and last season Dembele only played 1900 minutes of PL football. Fuck off, everybody knew that midfield was a massive weakpoint of ours

Fucking Cunt buckets to today!

Oh for Chelsea's luck away from home... can you ONLY IMAGINE us getting a decision like that away at Liverpool...? Never gonna happen.

Yet we have to endure another calamitous 'comedy' own goal late on to seal our fate...

Real shame going into Wednesday... as i'd have been more than happy with a draw.... yet we're suddenly playing catchup going into our new ground.

The last 4 away games have been nothing short of disastrous... not fo mention season defining!

The worst thing is, this puts even more pressure on Man City winning all THEIR games... at 1-1, they could afford to drop a few points, and we're up pretty soon!

With a win at the new stadium. If we don't then that's us completely done, should have stayed at Wembley they'll say, levy didn't invest, will our best players fuck off. etc.... it literally is a cup final in every sense of the word. We just have to win. The crowd have to fucking get behind the team.
It’s nothing to aim at the crowd. It’s the boardroom, players and dug out that need to do the job. Not us.

So you want people to admit they were wrong then mock them for changing their stance?

It’s simple for me. Our position by new year showed that the summer window was fine.
3rd, 5pts off top, in all 4 competitions.

For me, that’s ok.

Selling Dembele and not replacing him was not ok. But that happened in January, not August.
But what about the "eye test" that you keep talking about? Can you tell me with a straight face, that we've played like a top 3 team in the pl this season? We've been riding our luck, and let's be honest, we've been really poor this season. We've been deteriorating for a few seasons now, next summer will definitively see us out of chl contention.

Regardless of that Lloris just needed to do his job

Like so many of our top players, so inconsistent.

Fcuking awful season for nearly every player. None of them can boast of it being their best.

Our ability wasn't much different to Liverpools, let's be honest. You're right, it's the glaring individual mistakes we have made that are crippling our opportunities this season.

If you were to count them up, brain farts from the likes of Trippier, Lloris, Foyth, Sanchez, Rose etc at really crucial times I reckon there's 12 massive mistakes we've made that we've brought on ourselves that have slaughtered us this season. It isn't acceptable and you don't see it happening at other clubs as frequently as you do at ours.

Our players need to focus far, far more than they are at the moment. I have no idea why they allow these lapses to occur

Last edited:
When was the last time we played well in the league?

Everton away? We've been absolutely fucking gash since then.

But we did play well in the second half with four at the back and were really unlucky so let’s drop Hugo and stick with it

If he can’t get top 4 with this squad after blowing a 13pt gap to 5th why would that question be so outlandish?

I don’t want him sacked, but I fully understand the notion of him not getting the best out of this team anymore, and if we are not winning any trophies, then we should be fulfilling our target in the table.

Levy fails, people call for his head....Trippier, Sissoko, Lloris fail and it’s time to replace them.

But Poch has a free card to failure?

No, he needs to sort his fucking house out and fast

The very fact that some fans believe that certain people at the club are untouchable or irreplaceable is exactly the sort of crap that breeds complacency and leads to a lack of giving 100 percent.....

I'm not advocating sacking anyone..... But surely questions have to be asked? It would stupid not to ask them.

If we don't get top 4 with the squad..... Bearing in mind the position we were in and the massive gap that we had..... Well it will be one monumental muck up.

If this form were at the start of the season there would be cries of crisis and questions would be asked...... So why not now?

Tell me how is Poch fault that Sissoko miss a sitter? Or Eriksen isn't quick enough? Or Dele's ball going wide just a bit? Or Lloris making another big mistake that cost us a goal?

We didn't look well? Liverpool had massive chances? Don't dare to talk about previous games, I'm asking for this one.

We looked shite in the first half and he persists with Hugo, Trippier and Eriksen
That’s down to Poch

No, I don't want you to ask others to admit they were wrong without you admitting you were wrong.

We knew Dembele was toast in spring, let alone summer 2018. You ridiculed those of us who said so but then miraculously and seamlessly changed stance in January.

Whatever, most Spurs fans thought and sill think we should have moved to add to our midfield in the summer. You didn't.
I thought we wouldn't move into NWHL till next season.

I was wrong. Hurrah!

Yet to see you accept you were

But I’ve explained why I think the summer window was fine.
Here’s why, yet again.

Because at the time, we had a fit selection of Dembele, Dier, Winks, Sissoko and Wanyama

That means that Eriksen and Dele wouldn’t here been dropped so deep

Nobody could predict injuries to every single one of the players I’ve just named.
Plus every single player I didnt name.

Despite the injuries growing AFTER the summer window shut, by the turn of the year we were still:

In all 4 competitions

In a position where beating Wolves would have put us 2pts behind Liverpool

We had our highest amount of points for the first half of a season in the history of the club

So while YOU think I was wrong about the summer window, I do not believe I was wrong.
Once more, the reasons I believe my views were vindicated are outlined above.

Since January, we have regressed.

I have always maintained, right back in the Jan window that Dembele had t be replaced and a striker to cover Kane and Son was a must.

That has zero bearing on the summer window because the situations were different. As backed up by the table up to Jan, and from Jan.

I’m pretty sure you fully understand this

Back
Top Bottom