Liverpoo v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 31.03.19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Of course, we could have bought some class midfielders in the last two windows...

Everyone who laughed out loud out loud out loud at those who questioned the new stadium delays were bang on board with our radical not-sign-anybody policy. They screamed at the critics, "Admit you were wrong!"

I'll admit, I didn't think we'd be in this season. I was so wrong! Well done Levy and all concerned! I'm happy to admit I called it wrong, obviously.

Now, will any of you who said we didn't need to strengthen our midfield also admt you were wrong?

But we didn’t need to strengthen our midfield last summer because Demele, Dier and Wanyama were fit.
We had just finished 3rd, and by New Years could have gone 2pts off top, despite having to play with Winks and Sissoko all season.

Then we sold Dembele, and with the constant injuries a new CM and forward was paramount in the January window.

I’m not sure why you have tried to merge the situation we are in now, to the one we was in last August.

If Wanyama, Dembele and Dier had stayed fit and in form you wouldn’t be talking about new CMs.
Or do you think we needed cover for our first three options and should have predicted injuries to all three last summer?

I thought this was the managers job to get the right formation, to motivate the players, to give them confidence, to get them to peform to the required level.

But hey you’re right it has nothing to do with Pochettino just like none of those games were supposed to forget about now didn’t have anything to do with.

Thanks for informing me that manager isn’t responsible for results.
So we weren't on required level today? We had better chances, we were okay in 1st half, they scored from one shot on target.
2nd half - we were better team, we missed couple of great chances and they got lucky goal given by Lloris.

So it's Poch fault he dropped that fucking ball, yeah right. Bollocks.

Of course Poch made mistakes during this season, some defeats were his fault, but looking at bigger picture, we are on right way as a club. Top 4 with new stadium and couple of singings and we'll see.

For now, Poch has been great for us, if he doesn't deliver with proper money than I'll say you might be right. But for now, shut the fuck up.

But we didn’t need to strengthen our midfield last summer because Demele, Dier and Wanyama were fit.
We had just finished 3rd, and by New Years could have gone 2pts off top, despite having to play with Winks and Sissoko all season.

Then we sold Dembele, and with the constant injuries a new CM and forward was paramount in the January window.

I’m not sure why you have tried to merge the situation we are in now, to the one we was in last August.

If Wanyama, Dembele and Dier had stayed fit and in form you wouldn’t be talking about new CMs.
Or do you think we needed cover for our first three options and should have predicted injuries to all three last summer?
Wanyama had been out of form and not fit since last season, Demebele couldn't play more than 70 mins for a while plus he was sold in Jan and not replacing him was a massive mistake which could cost us top 4

I have a feeling that Sissoko is going to get hammered hard in any ratings thread that bus-conductor bus-conductor might start.

🙈

He should be hammered though. A player who can’t hit the target in that situation (and has done it countless times) shouldn’t really be a regular for a top side. That moment was chance to kill Liverpool’s season and restart ours and he was always going to waste it. Their isn’t a dimension in this multiverse where Sissoko doesn’t fuck that up.

He panicked. He had time to place it with his right foot. Absolutely shocking.

Reminded me of Soldado in that he froze and the ball went right where I expected it to as he has no confidence in front of goal

I was praying he would hit it low with the outside of his left foot firmly
It didn’t need anything more than that with their shite keeper
But he just lashed at it
Sadly especially after he had done the hard work in his own half and led the break out

Unfortunately with a couple of the melts on here the defeat will all be down to him

It was a bad miss but what about Hugo?
Trippier
Eriksen
Salad being clearly offside

And why did we continue throughout that first half playing with that formation which clearly wasn’t working ?

Had to watch the game 30 mins behind and now thoroughly gutted losing a game we should have won

That's bollocks.... We've You and others may have been lauding Vic, Dier and Dembele (with Winks & Dele considered the future) for much of Poch's reign....
Fixed your post for you. totally supported Dier's trial at CDM and thought he did well in his first year. Did not progress at all in his second and got the hump and a dalliance with ManU. Now he should be nowhere near our MF. Always saw Dele's deficiencies as a player and have the slings and arrows to show it. Winks is good and promising, and I like him, but should never be getting the gametime he gets because we should have brought players in and his body apparently can't take it yet.

Now cos it suits your agenda CM's been neglected for 5 years?
It may not have been neglected for 5 years since the personnel has changed but it has been for the last 3.

I can't be arsed agueing with you Sammy because you're always right, even when you do a 180º mid-season and say we should have signed people.

You're in a tiny minority, that's OK too, but most of us feel that we put ourselves at a huge disadvantage by not strengthening in the summer

So we weren't on required level today? We had better chances, we were okay in 1st half, they scored from one shot on target.
2nd half - we were better team, we missed couple of great chances and they got lucky goal given by Lloris.

So it's Poch fault he dropped that fucking ball, yeah right. Bollocks.

Of course Poch made mistakes during this season, some defeats were his fault, but looking at bigger picture, we are on right way as a club. Top 4 with new stadium and couple of singings and we'll see.

For now, Poch has been great for us, if he doesn't deliver with proper money than I'll say you might be right. But for now, shut the fuck up.

I apologise it clearly has nothing to do with the manager and this run of results isn’t his fault.

I get it now : Poch is magic, this young team is destined for major things, the future is ours. Only fake spurs supporters would believe otherwise.

Tell me that again if we finish 5th or 6th, which looks likely.
I’m not meaning just the playing side yes if we finish 5th or 6th and the Europa league beckons agree we’re back pre Redknapp but that happens to every other team not just us! overall we are a lot healthier on and off the off the pitch than before Pochettino rocked up! On a positive re today’s result which was expected we played horseshit and we are carrying certain players and we know who they are? But if Liverpool are potential champions then sorry they’re another Leicester cos if they can’t put a poor Tottenham team to bed then and that’s the best they’ve got well we’re doing fine.

Back
Top Bottom