Legends game meet

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Aye lads,
Bit of a long shot I know but I’ve just moved back from Oz in the last couple of months and desparately trying to take my fairly elderly dad to the legends match at the weekend.

In the past when I’ve been visiting from Oz And wanted to catch a game or two at the last minute I’d just head along to match day and find a tout.

Does anyone know if/how I might be able to get a couple of tickets for the game at the last minute and whether I’m likely to be able to get tickets off a tout if it came to it?

Touting only encourages fans to mug off their fellow supporters. I'm out.

Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor These are just suggestions, but... I'm guessing that some people may want to spend a good amount of time before the match having a look round the stadium. Wondering whether we should arrange a meet-up afterwards that could start at e.g. the White Hart (for ease of meeting) and then head down to the Goal Line Bar for any post match atmosphere? But, if you are meeting beforehand then I'll come along.

I'm also going to try and catch a drink at the Redemption brewery (depending on time) before coming to WHL, mainly to check it out as a potential regular pre-match venue... especially if they can sort out Northumberland Park station.

Redemption Taproom for Spurs Legends Game

Mate, people are free to do whatever suits them best. I will probably just park myself somewhere and put the location on here. If anyone is about and fancies a chat, come and say hi. If not I will contemplate my navel for a couple of hours. Whatever.

I will be about tomorrow and will try to meet up at whatever bar you go to.
Having one with a mate and his lot pre game,and meant to be meeting others as well.
As per usual, none of the people i know have the consideration to be in the same place at the same time... ;)

Yup, was in the event info email they sent today.

PRE-MATCH
For the first hour after opening at all 'Tap Inn' bars, enjoy a Pie and a Pint for just £5 (valid for Amstel and any pie or pastry) or a Pie and a Soft Drink for just £4 (valid for any soft drink and any pie or pastry). All Feature Bars, including The Shelf (East Level 1), The White Hart (East Level 5) and The Dispensary (West Level 5), are open for fans to enjoy live music from stadium opening.

Yup, was in the event info email they sent today.

PRE-MATCH
For the first hour after opening at all 'Tap Inn' bars, enjoy a Pie and a Pint for just £5 (valid for Amstel and any pie or pastry) or a Pie and a Soft Drink for just £4 (valid for any soft drink and any pie or pastry). All Feature Bars, including The Shelf (East Level 1), The White Hart (East Level 5) and The Dispensary (West Level 5), are open for fans to enjoy live music from stadium opening.
Will be interesting if they carry this over the the Palace game. With 62k going they'll want to spread out the arrivals by encouraging some people to get there as early as possible

I just found out that Nicola Berti will be amongst the Inter Squad for the test event tomorrow. I'm quite amazed that it's not been mentioned previously on the forum, given how he has some sort of cult status and even has his own song. Or did I miss all the chat?

Mate, people are free to do whatever suits them best. I will probably just park myself somewhere and put the location on here. If anyone is about and fancies a chat, come and say hi. If not I will contemplate my navel for a couple of hours. Whatever.

Will you be wearing a white rose in your blazer lapel?

Shelf Bar was heaving; White Hart less so - but still busy. You could arrange to meet e.g. White Hart by the windows.

£4 for a pint of Amstel. That’s outrageously cheap, even in my part of Slurrey.

Longer term, TFC should arrange something with Redemption Brewing. Have a regular hang out at their Tap Room. Beavertown are just going to destroy them methinks.
How much for a Holsten?

Back
Top Bottom