MacNamara's Band

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How good was it to hear this in our own gaff as the team came back on for the 2nd half yesterday?
I love this song,and really feel we don't sing it enough.
Its one football song that no other club uses,its ours

That is all,as you were :)

How good was it to hear this in our own gaff as the team came back on for the 2nd half yesterday?
I love this song,and really feel we don't sing it enough.
Its one football song that no other club uses,its ours

That is all,as you were :)

Really do love that at the start of the second half. Such a great nod to the past.
If you’re Spurs and you go to games then you know the tune.

But.

No one seems to knows the words. I never catch anyone singing it around me anyway.

Really do love that at the start of the second half. Such a great nod to the past.

But.

No one seems to knows the words. I never catch anyone singing it around me anyway.
"there's nothing he likes better than,,, Ron Harris up his Arse, dum dum dum dum dum dum"

love that song, I'm old school so wish it was played as lads come out at the start of the first half

But.
we need a songsheet!!!
Oh the whistle goes, the cockerel crows and now we're in the game,
It's up to you, you lillywhites to play the Tottenham way.
There's many teams from many towns and some are great and small,
But the famous Tottenham Hotspur is the most famous of them all.

la-la-la-laaaa-la-la-la-la-laa-laa, la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-laaaaa

The one from the 1950's was.....(i wasn't around then thank you)

oh we are the Spurs supporters and we love to watch them play
we go to all the home games and all of those away
and with us supporters following them we know they must do right
we loudly cheer when they appear the lads in blue and white

We are very proud of our football ground it's known throughout the land
and whilst we wait for the game to start we listen to the band
(1970's version was and whilst we wait for the game to start we kill the other fans)
and when we see the teams come out you ought to hear the roar
we know it won't be long before the Spurs they start to score
la la la la la la la

Wish we would run out at the start of the game to gurcher by Chas and Dave, rather than that pretentious Star Wars crap.

Chas and Dave are Spurs. It’s something we can all sing along with. It’s upbeat but There’s some irony in it. It’s got our name in it.

But.

Upper East there would be a small number that would sing it but more in the style of when they made a cuppa at home or in the shower.

There is a chance that we can get it going again, Glory, Glory has started to make its reappearance after years of not being sung, still has work to do but it's beginning to get better (think this has to do with a bit of pride back in a side that now plays at the top of the table).

I can't wait to see the impact of the South Stand, a big congregation of fans. Looking at the video's of the first test even it was also evident that many of the shelf (upper and lower tiers) have remained on that side as Shelf-side/park lane songs were bounced back off each other. I suspect that for the first few games it's just going to be COYS, Tottenham making all the noise & Oh when the Spurs are sung before those newer fans catch on to some of the others(??). Hope there is a big enough pocket that gets a variety out.

More than anything though we need some new songs, we've got to be one of the worst fanbases for getting anything new going.

Upper East there would be a small number that would sing it but more in the style of when they made a cuppa at home or in the shower.

There is a chance that we can get it going again, Glory, Glory has started to make its reappearance after years of not being sung, still has work to do but it's beginning to get better (think this has to do with a bit of pride back in a side that now plays at the top of the table).

I can't wait to see the impact of the South Stand, a big congregation of fans. Looking at the video's of the first test even it was also evident that many of the shelf (upper and lower tiers) have remained on that side as Shelf-side/park lane songs were bounced back off each other. I suspect that for the first few games it's just going to be COYS, Tottenham making all the noise & Oh when the Spurs are sung before those newer fans catch on to some of the others(??). Hope there is a big enough pocket that gets a variety out.

More than anything though we need some new songs, we've got to be one of the worst fanbases for getting anything new going.
The market place area should help with that - watching videos from the other day it’s possible if songs catch on there I think they will spread

The market place area should help with that - watching videos from the other day it’s possible if songs catch on there I think they will spread
Good shout, for now at least this looks like the place to be. Pubs going to suffer for a while but think they will pick up especially as it might be easier to get served now and when the novelty wears off a bit. I can still see myself going to a pub pre-game and staying at the stadium post game.

Couldn't agree more. I was in the corner of the shelf by the park lane for 20 odd years and you will get people singing the old songs, mainly because we are old!. The old enclosure bar was something else behind the old west stand in the 70's and we haven't been able to replicate that.....until now! Lets hope as others have mentioned that the songs will be sung in the bars and carried on in the ground.
Here's one for starters
We are the pride of North London the cock of the south
we hate the woolwich cos they are all mouth
we took the north bank and that was fuck all
the Tottenham will rise and the woolwich will fall
la la la la la la la la la la la la

Got me going now....
To the tune of messing about on the water (i think)

We went to highbury we took the north bank
we went up to Derby they weren't worth a wank
so take my advice there's nothing as nice
as kicking the shit out of woolwich

I love the old songs ,the ones i remember as a kid.
Some have probably dated so much they will never return(" we all agree..Tottenham Hotspur are magic" immediately springs to mind).
But many could /should come back

Many are terrace culture related,so would probably be discouraged these days,but stuff it
" The Woolwich came in 1 by 1 hurrah! hurrah!" Loved that as a young un :)

I love the old songs ,the ones i remember as a kid.
Some have probably dated so much they will never return(" we all agree..Tottenham Hotspur are magic" immediately springs to mind).
But many could /should come back

Many are terrace culture related,so would probably be discouraged these days,but stuff it
" The Woolwich came in 1 by 1 hurrah! hurrah!" Loved that as a young un :)
and one by one they all got done la la la la la la la la la
the Tottenham went in 3 by 3 hurrah hurrah the Tottenham went in 3 by 3 hurrah hurrah the Tottenham went in 3 by 3 and took the north bank highbury la la la la la la

Remember when woolwich bored their way to the title at WHL in 2004 (i think). The shelf/Park Lane corner were singing all the classics including a thundering rendition of 'you're gonna get your fucking heads kicked in'. Ha ha

Back
Top Bottom