Spurs Chants

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For me it's just about giving the atmosphere a bit of edge and making it more intimidating. I feel it would be too sanitised if we never sang about violence. Though I understand your point, it's a bit hypocritical coming from most supporters...then again I think it's an accepted hypocrisy within football as almost all teams sing about violence and only about 1% of fans are 'lads'.
It's not intimidating though as its an empty threat! It's like me threatening to punch you over the Internet but never doing it.

Just to be clear I wouldn't sing something directly threatening someone e.g. you're going to get your fucking heads kicked in, unless I meant it. But I like some of the songs which refer to violence e.g. "my old man".

Just to be clear I wouldn't sing something directly threatening someone e.g. you're going to get your fucking heads kicked in, unless I meant it. But I like some of the songs which refer to violence e.g. "my old man".
Same here mate I'd be a lier to say I don't enjoy singing 'Hello Hello We Are The Tottenham Boys'

Not an old song but..
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jinge all the way
Oh what fun it is to see Tottenham win away! Hey!

tony, tony galvin...
tony galvin on the wi-ing.
tony, tony galvin...
tony galvin on the wing.

graham roberts do your job
roberts, do your job.

oddle-oddle-oddle-oddle...

In a gradual process from the late 90s to the mid 2000s - the balance of 'atmophere' moved from the Paxton Road to the Park Lane IMO.

Paxton was the Members Stand and a great terrace, then ultimately it got so shit they just made it the Family Stand (final nail for it obviously).

I remember a game in the late 90s (1998?) when unspeakable got two late headers to equalise against United. I was in the Park Lane but would have given anything to be amongst it in the Paxton that day.

As poor as the atmosphere is over there in the Paxton it is still OUR end. Its where we warm up, its where we shoot second half (generally). I wish it was our Kop, or Stetford End again rather than the couple of awkwardly placed blocks next to the away allocation we currently have for 'atmosphere'.

Yes! Those were the days ... Paxton going mental when we scored, massive surges down the terrace. Sitting down on the ground at HT to skin up. Had to get in the ground by about 1.45pm for a 3pm kickoff if you wanted be anywhere but the back. It got up to about £8 to stand on Paxton by 91 or '92 and the following season it was £18 to sit.

Sill there with my ST though, just moved to upper. Contrary to popular opinion, there are quite a few of us trying to sing.

:bale2::dawson:

Back
Top Bottom