Champions League 2018-19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My brother saw the draw, I guessed before he told me that Spurs would get Man.City. Then he confirmed my prediction. UEFA do fake "draws" where the guy selects the balls and puts them in a open bowl for some celebrity to take - I bet if he opened more than one it would read the same team. It's fake and the worst draw they could give Spurs!

Can still win anyway - depends on referees which won't be as bad as the Premier League is.

I really can’t get my head round what I see on here sometimes.

Go into this game feeling excited. We are going home.
It’s a CL quarter final. These don’t come around often.
This is literally our first CL night back at the Lane under lights.

It’s massive. This is how you make history.

Some context.
15 years ago Woolwich went unbeaten.
We finished 14th (45 points won 12 games lost 17) City finished 16th.

Villa,Charlton, Bolton, Birmingham all finished top 10.
Leeds finished bottom. Shortly after being a CL team.

Life’s good right now. Fucking enjoy it guys.

As 100% it won’t always be.............

if Poch starts moaning about the fans showing lack of faith, well he can shut up and make the team prove us wrong - all those mistakes and weaknesses are not our fault.

You think Poch would be moaning if he asked fans to get behind the team!! I wish I though that attitude was was unbelievable but unfortunately we have so many shite fans. They sit in the stadium in near silence except to exclaim or groan when a player miss controls a ball or when a pass doesn’t make it through and lead to a goal.

‘“all those mistakes and weaknesses are not our fault.” ..... players are humans, operating in high pressure situations and mistakes happen. Sometimes a mistake will it result in conceding a goal, on another day it wont.

Cant be bothered to explain further.

Before the Dorkmand game was even over; I knew the Spurs would draw city, it rigged BS. Such crap.
Just because the worst fear materializes doesnt mean its rigged. Dont think the uefa's rigging is based around giving spurs the worst draw possible. We arent that important to them.

It might be rigged because of how the best 4 teams have been kept seperate.

My brother saw the draw, I guessed before he told me that Spurs would get Man.City. Then he confirmed my prediction. UEFA do fake "draws" where the guy selects the balls and puts them in a open bowl for some celebrity to take - I bet if he opened more than one it would read the same team. It's fake and the worst draw they could give Spurs!

Can still win anyway - depends on referees which won't be as bad as the Premier League is.
Plus theres VAR, so its harder for refs to fuck it up.

It's a massive feat of organisation to 'fake' a draw. Everyone has to be in on the conspiracy and also be relied on not to say anything - almost impossible.

We drew City. Let's get over it and get everyone fit for the 8 remaining league games. These are much more important (in my view) than the City CL games.

Top 4 is an absolute must for next season.

Sammy, brother, we've already played Barcelona twice.
Group stage....so boring, quarters are so boring, unless you play Porto.

Semi final against foreign team will be AMAZING, but the final will be boring unless Barca get there. Or Porto.
Beating Liverpool or Utd in the final will be boring. It’s all so boring this CL malarkey...I’m staying tuned for the battle to the EL.
Look at Woolwich....they beat Rennes and had Batman and everything, hopefully it will be us next year.

Group stage....so boring, quarters are so boring, unless you play Porto.

Semi final against foreign team will be AMAZING, but the final will be boring unless Barca get there. Or Porto.
Beating Liverpool or Utd in the final will be boring. It’s all so boring this CL malarkey...I’m staying tuned for the battle to the EL.
Look at Woolwich....they beat Rennes and had Batman and everything, hopefully it will be us next year.

I’m quite happy to win the CL with the easiest path possible :llorishowudoin:

Back
Top Bottom