Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yuck. Overpaying for good not great talent is how we become everton. If we want to keep being a top 6 we need to be buying young players with upside not overpaying for "established players" who are just fine. There are so many options out there to settle for these names would be a massive disappointment.

If we lose eriksen we need to buy an ndombele, haivertz, de ligt level player

Young players with upside? Well that is what Grealish, Bowen and Soler are. They are not established.

I agree that they are not the players we need to take us to the next level. But we won't pay for top ready now talents

No but wit 2 seasons near wnoughnout injured he'd be foolish to rely on him moving forward. He has endless amounts of money, Pep won't be leaving himself
short let's just say that

I hope Shitty get banned from Europe, banned from the transfer window(s) and let's see how bald fraud reacts. Players won't leave, because it's not actually about the CL as it is about the money and the loss of integrity.

Anyway, we're definitely losing Eriksen and Alderweireld. Whichever ostriches are in denial, get with it. A lot of the squad should leave tbh, but no one ever got results revamping the whole squad. Good thing we signed players during the last two windows. Foresight.

I hope Shitty get banned from Europe, banned from the transfer window(s) and let's see how bald fraud reacts. Players won't leave, because it's not actually about the CL as it is about the money and the loss of integrity.

Anyway, we're definitely losing Eriksen and Alderweireld. Whichever ostriches are in denial, get with it. A lot of the squad should leave tbh, but no one ever got results revamping the whole squad. Good thing we signed players during the last two windows. Foresight.

"Most supportive" fan in full effect?

No chance will city get a ban especially if they win the CL UEFA and the sponsors want the big money teams in to generate the revenue streams, but yes both Toby and eriksen will definitely be off that money will get used to buy a couple and the rest banked as a tidy profit.

Young players with upside? Well that is what Grealish, Bowen and Soler are. They are not established.

I agree that they are not the players we need to take us to the next level. But we won't pay for top ready now talents
Yea I don't think I worded my initial post correctly, you did a better job with it but we agree. Grealish and Bowen should be our bench at best. Soler is intriguing actually and his skillset could work pretty well with Poch so I'm more optimistic there. However if we lose Eriksen and Toby and don't get a higher level of transfers we could be in some trouble next year.

Van De Beek is valued between 30 and 35 million, probably cheaper than Freakish (autocorrect for Grealish and I like it...) and unlike Grealish has played at a vastly higher level.

Grealish should not even be entertained.

P.s. Already seen him described as 'The Paraguayan DeLigt' so transfer fantasists needn't melt.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom