Champions League 2018-19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

we are winning the CL so quit worrying about Oil Money FC, Jansen is going to play in the league game and Injure every city player so they cant even field 11 players in the away leg! :wansum:

You have to beat the best to win it all. Definitely wouldn't have preferred Porto then Ajax & then United in the final. Who I am kidding. Waaahhhh!

They were in the group of the death with PSG and Napoli in their group, then they had Bayern, a European powerhouse, with 2nd leg away. Do you even think before you post?
PSG are definitely overhyped and are nowhere near being real contenders to win this competition. Napoli are far from the team they once were a few years ago. So yes, I do think before I post.

Bayern aren't even as good as Dortmund in their domestic league and are half the team they once were.

Last year they didn't play any decent team until way later in the competition. If you compare our draws to theirs I'd say we have had much more difficult ties to contend with.

"TO BE THE MAN YOU GOTTA BEAT THE MAN"

woo-gif-15.gif

Just need to firebomb the Citey bus like last year, they went to pieces after that!
Did Liverpool even get punished for that, it clearly affected that tie.
They shouldn’t even be in the CL, they should have been banned for 3-years!

Gutted absolutely gutted.

I don't think we will go through but that's not why. I was desperate for a proper big European night at the new stadium, city are a big team but not a big European team.

Fingers crossed we can actually show up against them for once.

Gutted absolutely gutted.

I don't think we will go through but that's not why. I was desperate for a proper big European night at the new stadium, city are a big team but not a big European team.

Fingers crossed we can actually show up against them for once.

Mate we've pulled a team in the Champions League quarter finals, not been relegated.

Favourable draws were Ajax & Porto. Juventus, Barcelona & Man City were all pigs, Liverpool I'd rather not face and it's important that Man U got a hard draw as we want them out as quickly as possible.

Not a great draw but City for all of their riches over the last 10-12 years still haven't won it or got to a final,we've got to fancy our chances in that important home leg withhnthe buzz of its first European night at the new Lane

Are the exact dates of the semi finals confirmed?

I know its 30 April / 1 May and 7 / 8 May but have they assigned them at this stage?

if Poch starts moaning about the fans showing lack of faith, well he can shut up and make the team prove us wrong - all those mistakes and weaknesses are not our fault.

Sunday 7th April
PREMIER LEAGUE

• Tottenham Hotspur 16:30 Brighton & Hove Albion
Tuesday 9th April
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

QUARTER-FINALS
  • Tottenham Hotspur 20:00 Manchester City

Late kick off on the Sunday, 1 full day of recovery on the Monday. It really is disgusting how the Premier League don't plan for these kind of issues ahead of fixture changes for TV. Could this Brighton game really not have been chosen for a Friday night kick off or Saturday at 12:30??

Edit: Man City are the 12:30 early Saturday kick off that weekend. An extra 28 hours of recovery time for them. Surprise, surprise

Last edited:
Hope we beat the bald fraud, but does anyone really believe that Poch has what it takes to outwit Guardiola over two legs?

I don't have much confidence in the tactical nous of Poch. He's already been beaten by Klopp, Sarri, Emery etc this season with the team looking clueless.

Hoping for a miracle, but I don't see how Poch improves on this area given that from the time he got here to this season, he continues to make diabolical choices with line ups, fails to react in game, takes too long to make subs etc.

He really needs to get someone else to join his team whose strength is tactics.

Sunday 7th April
PREMIER LEAGUE

• Tottenham Hotspur 16:30 Brighton & Hove Albion
Tuesday 9th April
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

QUARTER-FINALS
  • Tottenham Hotspur 20:00 Manchester City

Late kick off on the Sunday, 1 full day of recovery on the Monday. It really is disgusting how the Premier League don't plan for these kind of issues ahead of fixture changes for TV. Could this Brighton game really not have been chosen for a Friday night kick off or Saturday at 12:30??
Where has this been confirmed? Last I saw, the club were saying this:

If Brighton lose their FA Cup quarter-final match on Sunday 17th March we shall play Brighton on 6th/7th April (subject to Champions League scheduling) and Crystal Palace on 23rd/24th April.

Back
Top Bottom