Champions League 2018-19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Competition rules are that all the quarter-final matches have to kick off at 20:00 UK time. So there'll be a TV clash between English clubs somehow. Chances are the police will want to have Liverpool and United playing on different evenings I guess, so we'll be clashing with one of them I'm sure.

Thanks for that so if one of Dippers or Utd is on the Tuesday we might still get a Wednesday ... hope so

D1sqzoKXcAETay2.jpg

:dembelefingers:
He’s a yid! He’s going to receive a pass from Ederson, then immediately shoot and score in his own goal, point up at the cockerel and make a heart symbol!

No I suffer from incurable illness called realism .

Realism is:

That we've got a 30, 20, 10 percent chance, whichever you believe to be true, of progressing.

That we'll need to be 100% on our game, while they'll need to be off their game plus probably a lucky bounce or two, if we're to progress.

That there's a RISK we'll be spanked.

Realism is not:

Saying it's a foregone CONCLUSION that we'll be near on raped.

Rather, it's being a twat.

I’m quite looking forward to this.
Need to make that home advantage count.

Although I’m interested to see if the atmosphere in the stadium resembles the atmosphere on here. Let’s hope not.

Sure by the time matchday comes around it will be a proper noisy positive affair.

Let’s see if this wall of sound works.

(This will actually be a great test of whether the people around me are bellends)

Was in the car listening on the radio and knew the draw before it happened. It just had to be city and away second leg-I would literally rather play anyone else and those cunts get porto-a team that has never beaten them once in euro competitions.
fuck sake

I think we can def turn them over at home tho tbh at the new gaff, it will be fucking rocking for that match but I can't help feeling they'll do us up there. We need another Dortmund performance in both legs-a healthy lead and then all hands on deck at their place to have a chance of going through.

City have lost each of their four games against English opponents in European competition - twice against Chelsea in 1971 and twice against Liverpool in last season's Champions League quarter-finals.

They were in the group of the death with PSG and Napoli in their group, then they had Bayern, a European powerhouse, with 2nd leg away. Do you even think before you post?
Agree - this is the first favorable draw Liverpool have gotten this cycle. And they have to face (likely) Barca in the Semis.

Last year, however, they faced two good teams (City and Madrid) pretty much the entire of their campaign. I can't recall who was in their group, but I think it was the easiest draw for an English side. Certainly was Madrid/Dortmund or Barca/Inter.

Well, big test for Poch and the players.

We can't play them off the park so will have to be tight at the back and take our chances when we get them

What a boring draw though:pochunimpressed:

As has been said, if (IF) we were to win it, we would have to play and beat the best anyway. At least with City we know all about them and shouldn't be any surprises.

This situation of knowing who you will play in the next round. Is that normal ? Seems wrong to me, why not have another little draw after the Quarters ?

They said as soon as the draw for the Man Utd v Barca game was made that they'll have to swap the games around so that Man Utd aren't home in the first leg, because City had already been drawn at home first
Not quite. Both United and City came out of the hat second, so United were switched to be first, i.e. at home on the 9th/10th. Same as us and Liverpool.

Back
Top Bottom