Spurs Chants

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Heard quite a few old songs in Rome in the Irish pub before the game, by a few lads that were well and truly wankered. Couldn't understand one of the songs this guy was singing but it had 'we are the tottenham boys' shouted at the end of it if anyone knows it?

It's not 'hello, hello' of course

Heard quite a few old songs in Rome in the Irish pub before the game, by a few lads that were well and truly wankered. Couldn't understand one of the songs this guy was singing but it had 'we are the tottenham boys' shouted at the end of it if anyone knows it?

It's not 'hello, hello' of course

'Tottenham Boys, we are here! Shag your women, drink your beer'?

Yeah it sounds a bit shit a lot of the time now. Don't understand why people are so keen to race through it
There have been times in the past where I've nearly fallen asleep to it though, it's slowed up that much! I'm still determined to get at least one Chas and Dave song into our repertoire... If you cut them they would bleed jellied eel liqour... and eventually liliwhite.

2 things ruin "Oh When The Spurs" all of the time in the Park Lane.

1) Premature clapping
2) Every second man trying to film the thing on their shit phone (which will look and sound shit because their phone camera is shit and the actual content isn't very good as every second man is trying to film it as well and therefore not joining in properly). They will watch it back a maximum of once before it gets completely forgotten about #pointless

Whilst we are sorting this out - Is it just me who fucking hates "We're The Park Lane / We're The Shelf Side?" Tedious mind numbing shit only previously used to pass the time when opposition fans were non existent (e.g. Wigan / Blackburn) but now a seemingly embedded as a ritual that occurs several times every home game #jarring

the best ones I hear are in pubs before the game to be honest, I suppose it's easier to scream 1 MORE in there than it is in the ground!

2 things ruin "Oh When The Spurs" all of the time in the Park Lane.

1) Premature clapping
2) Every second man trying to film the thing on their shit phone (which will look and sound shit because their phone camera is shit and the actual content isn't very good as every second man is trying to film it as well and therefore not joining in properly). They will watch it back a maximum of once before it gets completely forgotten about #pointless

Whilst we are sorting this out - Is it just me who fucking hates "We're The Park Lane / We're The Shelf Side?" Tedious mind numbing shit only previously used to pass the time when opposition fans were non existent (e.g. Wigan / Blackburn) but now a seemingly embedded as a ritual that occurs several times every home game #jarring

Premature eclapulation IS annoying in the extreme, granted!

...talking of old songs, (and how times have changed) I distinctly remember a 'Terry Venables Blue'n'White Army' going back and forth between the Park Lane AND the Paxton... and get this; quite often, the Paxton would start it... that's right young'uns... THE PAXTON! Complete with ever-so-slight time delay due to it being sung from opposite ends of the ground...

and all it took to get that one started, would be a lone voice shouting; "Terry Venables to the Park Lane, 1-2-3..." and up it went... anyone else remember that?

Hello lads & ladies,

First post...

One old song rarely heard is the following, to the tune of Que Sera Sera:

When I was just a little boy
I asked my mother what should I be
Should I be Woolwich, should I be Spurs?
Here's what she said to me

Wash your mouth out son
And go get your father's gun
To shoot all the Woolwich scum
Shoot the Woolwich scum

I last heard/sung this at QPR last season in the bar in the ground before kick off.

As for current songs, the generic Adebayor one is really dull and uncreative, when you have such alternatives as "His dad is a doctor, and his mum studies law", "He's hung like a donkey, and his missus is sore" and "He stamped on the rapist, then he slid on the floor", IMO.

Hello lads & ladies,

First post...

One old song rarely heard is the following, to the tune of Que Sera Sera:

When I was just a little boy
I asked my mother what should I be
Should I be Woolwich, should I be Spurs?
Here's what she said to me

Wash your mouth out son
And go get your father's gun
To shoot all the Woolwich scum
Shoot the Woolwich scum

I last heard/sung this at QPR last season in the bar in the ground before kick off.
:avblol: we fucked up the words on this on a recent podcast

the best ones I hear are in pubs before the game to be honest, I suppose it's easier to scream 1 MORE in there than it is in the ground!
I screamed one more at the Pana game but it didnt work at all.

I've found ts quite hard getting 10,000 people to do something you want :(

...talking of old songs, (and how times have changed) I distinctly remember a 'Terry Venables Blue'n'White Army' going back and forth between the Park Lane AND the Paxton... and get this; quite often, the Paxton would start it... that's right young'uns... THE PAXTON! Complete with ever-so-slight time delay due to it being sung from opposite ends of the ground...

and all it took to get that one started, would be a lone voice shouting; "Terry Venables to the Park Lane, 1-2-3..." and up it went... anyone else remember that?
Celtic and Rangers do that it sounds quality, one side sings to the other and so on for a while then they all sing it together and start bouncing.

Strange to think there was lots of singing in the Paxton at one point, most games you get a 'Come On You Spurs' and that's about your lot. This was because as a Junior member you could get a cheap ticket to stand here (£2 when I first started going, for fuck sake) so it was packed full of teenagers. You'd never get this now a days as how many 15 year olds can afford to go with their mates, unaccompanied by a paying adult with the dosh to buy their ticket.

Strange to think there was lots of singing in the Paxton at one point, most games you get a 'Come On You Spurs' and that's about your lot. This was because as a Junior member you could get a cheap ticket to stand here (£2 when I first started going, for fuck sake) so it was packed full of teenagers. You'd never get this now a days as how 15 year olds can afford to go with their mates, unaccompanied by a paying adult with the dosh to buy their ticket.

Very true about teenage fans these days. I've had a season ticket in the Paxton for 14 years, I'm sure when I got it there was a lot more singing there!

Back
Top Bottom