Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

cretinousgoat cretinousgoat

not sure if you're taking the piss as I expect this has been covered a million times as we constantly recycle opinions but his contact expires 30.06.2020. If he goes in the summer we will get decent money, not as much as we would if he had signed an extension.

Personally feel if he goes in the summer it will be for around £65m, if he had signed a contract and played well this year closer to £90m

Correct but it's also relative.

I have many gripes about the club but chief among them is knowing our model has to be different from nearly a the other top 6 clubs but still failing to bring in players with potential.

A gamble yes, but we can't compete at the top end of the market and won't punt at the lower end.

Result - 400 days plus of nothing.

A year left but if he does not get sold by the end of the summer transfer window ir sign a new contract, he can do a Ramsey.

Was the reason we sold Dembele.

Slightly different with Demble, we had a good offer on the table for a player who openly admitted he was struggling and was less likely to be in our plans going forward. He didn't force anything and gave 100% on the pitch. The club and the player did what they felt was best for both parties.

bus-conductor bus-conductor

Really well made points and I accept he has played lots of minutes this season but watching it you can clearly see the intent isn't there and not just late in games when fatigue sets in but from the off – stats don't tell this part of the story.

Lots of his passing whist 'complete' are quick sideways or backwards passes, not to gain ground and move forward but as if the ball is a ticking bomb, he just wants rid of it.

So for me this is less about fatigue and form but the lack of desire. That is the worry and thing that bothers me the most.

I disagree, I think what you are seeing is a dysfunctional team and a fatigued player(s). If Eriksen didn't want to get on the ball he'd hide from it, and point for others to receive it, like Sissoko does, but he doesn't, he's never been one to hang on to the ball, he's not a dribbler. Of the regular players ahead of the defence (who by default see a lot of the ball) only Winks (55 ppg) and Dier (53 ppg- and part of that is because he drops into CB) see more of the ball than Eriksen (51). That's not a player shirking responsibility. He's trying to play incisive passes, he did Saturday.

If this was in someway conscious, he'd be risking fucking up his chances of that big move wouldn't he?

Nobody is playing well right now. We as a team aren't playing well right now.

They way we have to “currently” operate means one or both of two things, which is basically what Levy said the other night in a politician kind of way.
*Clearing the decks of deadwood, which adds some cash and frees up some wages.
*Sell a top player to raise some serious cash, but limiting the free up of wages.

Jack Grealish was never the dream signing, but a signing with some proven ability in the EPL and still lots of potential to tap into, a player Pochettino could get a trick out of maybe, without emptying our entire “limited” transfer budget at the time. We couldn’t clear the decks of the deadwood last summer (nobody wanted them) and we were not prepared to sell any big players (that was a priority) so finally the entire transfer budget was offered up to Villa, who’s circumstances changed very quickly and that ship sailed, Pochettino decided not to spend any of the money just to get a deal done (wise move)
Hypotheticals here, and Levy sticking to the plan “and his word” and assuming this years transfer budget is similar to last years (25m?) that would set up an initial 50m of raw transfer budget, Dembele added another 10 to that and we “must” clear the decks of the deadwood, and quickly, even if they are not all the offers Levy wants, they need to go to give Pochettino a chance here....I’m not going to even guess what these players would fetch but let’s go for around 40m, then that’s a 100m to get us started....now back to the thread, Eriksen in my opinion needs to be sold due to his contract, we can not let him walk next year for free, if Levy let him do that then the whole “way we operate” becomes a complete joke.....so conservatively, Eriksen pulls in another 75m?? we now have 175m burning a hole in the pocket....then of course theirs Toby and his contract, and the 25m buy out clause (he will have his choice of clubs at that money) but it is what it is......Tottenham Hotspur with 200m to spend...umm, Pochettino could fine tune Fulham for that kind of money!
If Real were even the slightest bit interested in Eriksen I’d be thrashing a deal there before the month of May even ended!!
A DeBryune type midfielder is a must, and if letting Eriksen go to make that happen, I could live with that!!

I disagree, I think what you are seeing is a dysfunctional team and a fatigued player(s). If Eriksen didn't want to get on the ball he'd hide from it, and point for others to receive it, like Sissoko does, but he doesn't, he's never been one to hang on to the ball, he's not a dribbler. Of the regular players ahead of the defence (who by default see a lot of the ball) only Winks (55 ppg) and Dier (53 ppg- and part of that is because he drops into CB) see more of the ball than Eriksen (51). That's not a player shirking responsibility. He's trying to play incisive passes, he did Saturday.

If this was in someway conscious, he'd be risking fucking up his chances of that big move wouldn't he?

Nobody is playing well right now. We as a team aren't playing well right now.

And the comparisons to the “pub player” goes on and on and on.

Despite the “pub player” trouncing him defensively and the stats posted to prove it from ShutUpPatrik ShutUpPatrik

Why don’t you compare him to his peers? You know, Sane, Hazard, Mane? And other in form creative attacking mids, and stop trying to constantly re write history and make out he’s a predominately defensively box to box midfielder.

Are you fucking mental mate.

You even said he wasn’t playing as a deep lying playmaker....you use his stats as an attacking mid over the last 3.5 years to PROVE how good he’s playing.
Then you say he’s not an attacking mid.
Then you say he has the same role as Sissoko.
Then you use his assists and goals to say he’s better than Sissoko.
Then you ignore his defensive frailties and say “of course he’s not a tackler”.
Then you say he and Sissoko have different roles.
Then you compare him to Sissoko again.
Then he’s a number 8 “like Sissoko and Winks but not like Winks”
Then he’s an AM again
Then he’s not an AM because Ryan Fraser has more assists and goals
Now hes fatigued

Please, please just go and have a rest.
Watch football, it will cure you illness.

And this comes from you? YOU who has posted 32.575 messages in here!!!
Please get a life!

Since 2012
Which over seven years equals 13 posts a day

If you had a life, you´d know that....but clearly you have so much going on

I wonder if you have facebook, instagram or twitter?
I dont

:kanehand:

And the comparisons to the “pub player” goes on and on and on.

Despite the “pub player” trouncing him defensively and the stats posted to prove it from ShutUpPatrik ShutUpPatrik

Why don’t you compare him to his peers? You know, Sane, Hazard, Mane? And other in form creative attacking mids, and stop trying to constantly re write history and make out he’s a predominately defensively box to box midfielder.

Why the fuck would I compare him to wide left forwards?

I have never made out he's a "defensive" box to box midfielder. I've said that much of this season he's played as a left sided "8" in a CM3, (with Sissoko playing the right sided 8) and that any midfielder has some defensive obligations. His piers, or players playing similar remits most weeks are D Silva, B Silva, Kovacic, Barkley, Pogba. with whom he compares very favourably.

Why do you persist with this utter bullshit. Doing 20% better in his 2 aerial duels per game is not a trouncing. Doing 15% better in his 1.2 tackles per game is not a trouncing. They still make the same amount of tackles per game, Intercept almost the same per game, Eriksen wins more pressure events, more pressure recoveries, more pressure adjusted tackles.

Stop fucking lying.

Please, please just go and have a rest.
Watch football, it will cure you illness.

Doesn't seem to work for you. You called Sissoko a DM and Eriksen a deep lying playmaker, and now he's a wide forward ?

You just spew out this constant stream of inane, tedious, childish, passive aggressive, wise-fucking-acre, straw man bullshit.

It's really fucking tedious.

Why the fuck would I compare him to wide left forwards?
Oh dear......you mean Eriksen that has been regularly deployed on the left side of an attacking midfield
I have never made out he's a "defensive" box to box midfielder. I've said that much of this season he's played as a left sided "8" in a CM3, (with Sissoko playing the right sided 8) and that any midfielder has some defensive obligations. His piers, or players playing similar remits most weeks are D Silva, B Silva, Kovacic, Barkley, Pogba. with whom he compares very favourably.

And right away you play down his defensive duties....and say he’s a left sided “8”. So he’s an attacking mid from the left side of our midfield. Yes....indeed, why oh why would you possibly compare him to other left sided AMs

So far he’s not a forward, not a playmaker, isn’t defensive, isn’t left sided, isn’t an AM, isn’t box to box..just an “8”

:pochfacepalm:

Why do you persist with this utter bullshit. Doing 20% better in his 2 aerial duels per game is not a trouncing. Doing 15% better in his 1.2 tackles per game is not a trouncing. They still make the same amount of tackles per game, Intercept almost the same per game, Eriksen wins more pressure events, more pressure recoveries, more pressure adjusted tackles.

Stop fucking lying.
Sissoko trounces him defensively, the stats are just a few pages back.
Even saying he is 20% better than a pub player is embarrassing.
Pressure events don’t exist. It’s jockeying....it’s not stat worthy, and that’s why you like to keep using it, along with the fact he ran 40,0000 km in a game, like it means something

Doesn't seem to work for you. You called Sissoko a DM and Eriksen a deep lying playmaker, and now he's a wide forward ?

You just spew out this constant stream of inane, tedious, childish, passive aggressive, wise-fucking-acre, straw man bullshit.

It's really fucking tedious.
I called Sissoko a DM and still would.
You wanted to nit pick it to death so I can happily concede he’s box to box with defensive priorities.
You think he has the same role as Eriksen and are trying to say that Sissoko plays on the right and Eriksen in the left as “8”s

8 isn’t a position since 1992, so what is Eriksens position, in words.

He is an AM, a creative midfielder, left sided forward and has been playing recently as a deep lying playmaker.
That’s just facts.

You think football is defined on a graph, that’s why you call him an “8”.
It’s not a thing. He is a creative, attacking mid, playing a deeper role.

Disagree all you want, just shows you don’t know what you are taking about.

Last edited:
With Hazard almost begging Zidane to take him surely they won't go for Eriksen as well ... plenty of other clubs will but I reckon RM is a non-starter now

I personally can see a future where Hazard goes to Madrid, and if Bale isn’t part of that deal then Eriksen goes to chelsea. If he won’t sign, we have to sell him.

Back
Top Bottom