New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I now feel a bit bad and would like to say sorry. You actually are obviously a child and mummy probably sent you to bed or to have your weekly shower and your a little upset. That's the problem nowadays with all you kids having a phone from mummy and daddy that you can play on in bed..again sorry little one but this is a forum and at this time of night your parents should be monitoring what you are up to a little better..

I now feel a bit bad and would like to say sorry. You actually are obviously a child and mummy probably sent you to bed or to have your weekly shower and your a little upset. That's the problem nowadays with all you kids having a phone from mummy and daddy that you can play on in bed..again sorry little one but this is a forum and at this time of night your parents should be monitoring what you are up to a little better..

48477532.jpg

If paying off a big stadium build/ debt is easy, why did Woolwich sell 22 of their players off to bigger clubs like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man City etc??

I find it astounding that people disregard a debt rumoured to be £1bn as if it were a £100 Capital One Credit card.

The debt needs to get paid off ASAP whilst trying to stay as competitive as possible. The juggling we need to do is different to any other club and supporters simply need to accept that or keep moaning about something that won't be changing any time soon. The sooner that's paid off, the quicker we reap the rewards of a bigger stadiums income and the sooner we get to be serious players when it comes to trophies not just chancers because we got lucky assembling a decent team
Didn't they have cash flow problems during the building of the stadium and agree to a poor naming rights and shirt deal because of that? I think we're financially in a better position than they were.

Nearly. We have 42k STs and 8k Premium. It isn't quite clear whether the 2k 1882 are classified as "normal", premium, or counted in both - so in total we have 48-50k. In reality a small number probably won't apply, so I think a few thousand will go to members, but theoretically a ST holder could miss out if there's a 90%+ application rate.
I’m sure there’ll be more than enough season ticket holders (me included) not atten
I’m not going to go the test events.

Figured loads of members will want to and I really want my first game back at the Lane to be a full capacity affair.

Sure there’s plenty more thinking like me.
Yes I’m in your camp BernardMatthews BernardMatthews , there’s a lot of us wanting our first experience of the place to be a competitive game. Think there’ll be ample opportunity for other members to gets tickets for these test events

I’m not going to go the test events.

Figured loads of members will want to and I really want my first game back at the Lane to be a full capacity affair.

Sure there’s plenty more thinking like me.
I would have applied for both test events but won't be here :(. But as I went to the familiarisation event, I'm OK with that (just!) and will come home a day earlier if the first game is going to be on the Wednesday.

If paying off a big stadium build/ debt is easy, why did Woolwich sell 22 of their players off to bigger clubs like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man City etc??

I find it astounding that people disregard a debt rumoured to be £1bn as if it were a £100 Capital One Credit card.

The debt needs to get paid off ASAP whilst trying to stay as competitive as possible. The juggling we need to do is different to any other club and supporters simply need to accept that or keep moaning about something that won't be changing any time soon. The sooner that's paid off, the quicker we reap the rewards of a bigger stadiums income and the sooner we get to be serious players when it comes to trophies not just chancers because we got lucky assembling a decent team
Fair points. But I do not believe even when the stadium is played off that anything will change. Levy has us by the short and curlys and he knows it.. he will never invest like every other big club does..its just what I believe because he's a snake in my opinion..but good post and some good points by you very well made. Real spurs supporters actually having a discussion. Thanks for restoring my faith in our clubs amazing fans. We don't have to completely agree or abuse each other either

Fair points. But I do not believe even when the stadium is played off that anything will change. Levy has us by the short and curlys and he knows it.. he will never invest like every other big club does..its just what I believe because he's a snake in my opinion..but good post and some good points by you very well made. Real spurs supporters actually having a discussion. Thanks for restoring my faith in our clubs amazing fans. We don't have to completely agree or abuse each other either

The point isn't about "supporters actually having a discussion" it's about posters making unfounded and unsupported comments, then whinging like a little baby when called out, you said:

"he will never invest like every other big club" - so 800m on a stadium? 200m a year on salaries? the best training facilities in London? that's no investment?

"In a couple of years when we still are buying 3rd rate players" - That's a pure guess, and what's with the '3rd rate' you do know that under DL we've bought Eriksen, Son, Dele are you saying they are all 3rd rate?

and finally when it's pointed out to you that you're full of shit, out comes your inner cry-baby:

"this is a forum and at this time of night your parents should be monitoring what you are up to a little better"

Your opinion is perfectly valid, supporting it with bullshit and then crying about it? that's a lot less valid

Back
Top Bottom