Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We see this every year with Eriksen, he's the most overworked player in our squad almost every year, it's between him and Kane most years for minutes clocked (no coincidence our two most important players) and playing the role Eriksen plays, he cover more ground, sees more ball and has much more responsibility on his shoulders than any other player. Every game I see the distance covered stats for our games, Eriksen is invariably the one who's covered the most, and it's not just mindless Adamants Traore type running with him is it, he's aways thinking and moving intelligently.

Add to that he's had no break last summer, carried his countries hopes on his shoulders at the WC, and that we as a team are in a fucking horrible funk, Alli and Kane (the two other intelligent players) out, it's hardly surprising he hasn't shone of late.

With other players, Son, Moura, Lamela, Alli etc, even Kane, when they are having dips in form they are next to fucking useless, when Eriksen's form dips he's still covering the ground, still getting through 50 passes a game and trying to do something vaguely intelligent. Still brings something useful.

No, he's never going to be the bravest in a tackle. But he presses better than Sissoko (fact - just check the statsbomb metrics) he still tackles the same as Sissoko and Winks, Lamela, Alderweireld, per game.

What a load of bollocks. Yeah, lets sell Eriksen because his whoscored points tally has dipped and we have the assist machine that is Sissoko.

I'd rather just raise the money by selling the mediocre wankers we have like Sissoko, Rose, Davies, Aurier, Dier, Moura, Llorente, Janssen, Nkoudou and keep one of the few intelligent players we have who actually produces stuff every single season, and works harder than most of them too.
Well you’re going to have a really shit summer then

Standing by for a world
Class performance when he plays for Denmark midweek, and there was us all thinking his standards had dropped due to dele being injured :pochfacepalm:

There was an 11 game period from autumn through to winter where he was contributing either a goal of an assist every game.

I think he's contributed 1 goal and 1 assist in our last 8 league games. And those were in the same game (Leicester)

NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!
STAT BOMB SAYS HES PAR WITH PUB PLAYERS!!

We see this every year with Eriksen, he's the most overworked player in our squad almost every year, it's between him and Kane most years for minutes clocked (no coincidence our two most important players) and playing the role Eriksen plays, he cover more ground, sees more ball and has much more responsibility on his shoulders than any other player. Every game I see the distance covered stats for our games, Eriksen is invariably the one who's covered the most, and it's not just mindless Adamants Traore type running with him is it, he's aways thinking and moving intelligently.

Add to that he's had no break last summer, carried his countries hopes on his shoulders at the WC, and that we as a team are in a fucking horrible funk, Alli and Kane (the two other intelligent players) out, it's hardly surprising he hasn't shone of late.

With other players, Son, Moura, Lamela, Alli etc, even Kane, when they are having dips in form they are next to fucking useless, when Eriksen's form dips he's still covering the ground, still getting through 50 passes a game and trying to do something vaguely intelligent. Still brings something useful.

No, he's never going to be the bravest in a tackle. But he presses better than Sissoko (fact - just check the statsbomb metrics) he still tackles the same as Sissoko and Winks, Lamela, Alderweireld, per game.
Nowt wrong with braindead midfielders. Matter a fact, the only trouble is not being able to stockpile quite as many of them as we would like.

Spurs linked with a free transfer for Mo Farah as apparently pointlessly running for miles is what makes you a world class football player these days.

I agreed with everything you said until you mentioned Sissoko. Why the fuck do you have to mention him in everything you say? Just give him a fucking break.

I think Eriksen has become Real's 'Plan B' in case they can't get Hazard...
:eriksenserious:

Bit like how Solskjaar and Zidane were their respective clubs' Plan B's, 'cos Poch is staying with us!
:pocheyes::pochsmirk:

bus-conductor bus-conductor

Really well made points and I accept he has played lots of minutes this season but watching it you can clearly see the intent isn't there and not just late in games when fatigue sets in but from the off – stats don't tell this part of the story.

Lots of his passing whist 'complete' are quick sideways or backwards passes, not to gain ground and move forward but as if the ball is a ticking bomb, he just wants rid of it.

So for me this is less about fatigue and form but the lack of desire. That is the worry and thing that bothers me the most.

Can someone remind me, please, is Eriksen out of contract at the end of this season, or does he have a year or so left (aka will we be getting money for him - if he goes)

cretinousgoat cretinousgoat

not sure if you're taking the piss as I expect this has been covered a million times as we constantly recycle opinions but his contact expires 30.06.2020. If he goes in the summer we will get decent money, not as much as we would if he had signed an extension.

Personally feel if he goes in the summer it will be for around £65m, if he had signed a contract and played well this year closer to £90m

Back
Top Bottom