Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What would you call Eriksens patch?

Surgically improved.

C9N09PFXkAAF-Fj.jpg

50/50 we Coutinho him in the summer. It’s feeling more and more like he is out the door with Toby. Hopefully reinvest the £100m+ we get for them into 4-5 players.

He’s going to Madrid

I am so split on this because I love his ability to create, but I hate his lack of fight. He runs all day and does help redirect traffic, but he also feigns so much from contact that I am almost done with him as a player.

If we did sell him and got Havertz I wouldn’t be too upset because I think the young man has a bit more to his game. That being said, I would love to keep the Dane and just strengthen the side cause he has done so much for this club.

I am so split on this because I love his ability to create, but I hate his lack of fight. He runs all day and does help redirect traffic, but he also feigns so much from contact that I am almost done with him as a player.

If we did sell him and got Havertz I wouldn’t be too upset because I think the young man has a bit more to his game. That being said, I would love to keep the Dane and just strengthen the side cause he has done so much for this club.
Last year contract. Say goodbye.

Not surprised when you look dispassionately over this season. Either that or they don’t want to pay top dollar

This is why anything less than 100% commitment from the (or indeed any) player is to be condemned.

Everybody loses.

Every chance that Hazard will go to Madrid now Zidane is back. Madrid are currently strapped for cash. Never made a big signing since Rodriguez 5 years ago. To get Eriksen as well they will need to shift Bale. On his money how are they going to do that, especially with his injury record and he is 30 now.

Out of all the players in our squad he is the most frustrating. Has all the skill in the world but has historically shown that he has purple patches. Of course all players do, but I can’t remember the last game this season that he has took over the game. For me this has been his worst season in a Spurs shirt. He gets involved more than some, but he hasn’t been as influential as he has been and for being the lynchpin, we need him to be more consistent.

Outside his influence, the most frustrating thing about his game is his weakness in challenges. If it is a header or a 50/50 he is losing it 90% of the time. He is so shy and just pulls out of so many challenges that could end up in a break.
Give the guy a break, he's the only creative midfielder fit at the moment so there's a huge expectation that every time he picks up the ball he should be creating a chance or banging it in the top bin. The reality is that he's well known (by the oppo) for being a fantastic finisher and passer of the ball so he isn't afforded the space he'd like/needs. This has been exacerbated with Dele being out as his runs take defenders away and give Eriksen that space. He isn't going to drag us through every game with a worldie goal like some seem to expect but he does have it in his locker which is priceless and more than you can say about most of our midfielders.

I also don't think you can bemoan the guy not being a gritty tackler, he's never done that but he has single handedly won us points on many occasions. Again this seems a lot worse now Dembele has gone and Vic has been out/unfit as they provided the grit and power.

Personally I love the guy, not many better footballers on the planet and he'll come good.

There was an 11 game period from autumn through to winter where he was contributing either a goal of an assist every game.

I think he's contributed 1 goal and 1 assist in our last 8 league games. And those were in the same game (Leicester)

Last edited:
I read WP has scored 3 in his last 5 games. Eriksen hasn't scored for almost 4 years. Quite a difference.

Good article (unrelated to the post I replied to):

Opinion: Genius Tottenham decision could be a game-changer for long-term ambitions | FootballFanCast.com

What a load of bollocks. Yeah, lets sell Eriksen because his whoscored points tally has dipped and we have the assist machine that is Sissoko.

I'd rather just raise the money by selling the mediocre wankers we have like Sissoko, Rose, Davies, Aurier, Dier, Moura, Llorente, Janssen, Nkoudou and keep one of the few intelligent players we have who actually produces stuff every single season, and works harder than most of them too.

Back
Top Bottom