Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The thing about Bale re-signing is simple.

If we can afford him and get the quality of players we need in all other positions, then by all means do it.

If we can get Bale, but signing him means we get cheap shit and lucky dip signings elsewhere, then not a hope he should sign.

The way I see it is that Bale in this team and we’re up there still with the top two.

Remember how many times he said “fuck this” when things were toilet, took the ball, fuck tactics, fuck passing to someone who is going to kill the counter attack, ran 50 yards and put one in the top corner, or laid it across the box for a tap in.
Imagine Bale supplying Kane....linking up with Son....that’s a leader in a team like ours and an inspiration.
He’s a power house, most of our team look like they have rigamortis going forward.

Before I couldn’t stand the idea, but right now I’d absolutely love it.

The way I see it is that Bale in this team and we’re up there still with the top two.

Remember how many times he said “fuck this” when things were toilet, took the ball, fuck tactics, fuck passing to someone who is going to kill the counter attack, ran 50 yards and put one in the top corner, or laid it across the box for a tap in.
Imagine Bale supplying Kane....linking up with Son....that’s a leader in a team like ours and an inspiration.
He’s a power house, most of our team look like they have rigamortis going forward.

I get that but...

Our midfield is weak and our defence is leakier than the Titanic 15 minutes after it hit the iceberg. There is no point signing Bale and then unable to strengthen the midfield or defence.

Yes it would be frightening going forward, but it would also be frightening for us when the opposition attack.

If it's Bale, Van De Beek, Diawara plus a top CH and RB, then we're talking.

If it's Bale, Grealish, Dack etc. then we're weakening ourselves immensely.

tenor.gif

The way Real fans are they would have Eriksen hounded out within a year with his downturns in form. Bar the money I really cannot understand any top player joining that shithouse, flat track bully club. Now Zidane is back after two managers in 6 months.
ffs they're an absolute joke.

I think barca would suit him way better and if they offload Rakitic this summer he could be wanted possibly, unfortunately we have zero chance of Coutinho going to other way.

I get that but...

Our midfield is weak and our defence is leakier than the Titanic 15 minutes after it hit the iceberg. There is no point signing Bale and then unable to strengthen the midfield or defence.

Yes it would be frightening going forward, but it would also be frightening for us when the opposition attack.

If it's Bale, Van De Beek, Diawara plus a top CH and RB, then we're talking.

If it's Bale, Grealish, Dack etc. then we're weakening ourselves immensely.

To be honest, we haven’t conceded that many goals.
We should be able to concede two against Southampton. Utd did at home.

Problem is, they outscored them, and we should have too but failed.

To be honest, we haven’t conceded that many goals.
We should be able to concede two against Southampton. Utd did at home.

Problem is, they outscored them, and we should have too but failed.
Our defence hasn't been good this season - no 2 ways about it

sammyspurs sammyspurs I tend to agree, however i'm not sure what fallout there would have been signing him, maybe the players get behind it, maybe they don't.

Lets also not forget he started as a left back and knows how to tackle and defend – often taking the ball off a player starting the attack.

Think we would have flourished with him in the team

Actually, he doesn't. Which is why he was such a shit left back and got moved further forward.

I wasn't saying he's the best left back the world has ever seen but the early part of his career was playing left back, he would have had coaching that focused on position, player tracking and tackling.

There are plenty of midfielders who are shocking at tracking back and tackling, whilst not the best I would put money on him not being the worst by a long way.

I don't disagree although good teams can drag out many 1:0 wins and simply close out the game - we seem to be lacking this lately.
I do think that the injury situation is the main culprit in this.

Our midfield in particular have been hit by injuries and illness all season. So we have never really been able to field our full strongest midfield all season. which have left our defenders more exposed than usual.

I am as big a fan of the Sissoko redemption as anyone but if our team was fully fit he would be either a bit player in the midfield depending on the formation, or one of the first names on the bench/to come off the bench in a game (super sub). But fair fucks to him he has stepped up when we have needed someone and done tremendously and arguably saved his career at the club.

But if there is one post we need to strengthen on in the summer it is central/defensive midfield. We need a shield in front of the defenders so that Winks and and Sissoko can focus on delivering the ball upfield and patrolling their respective flanks. Someone who can basically do what Wanyama did 2 seasons ago.

A wounded midfield means we sadly allow more goals to be scored against us than usual.

But this is most likely a discussion for another thread to be fair. Sticking to old Gareth from here on :baletroll:

The way Real fans are they would have Eriksen hounded out within a year with his downturns in form. Bar the money I really cannot understand any top player joining that shithouse, flat track bully club. Now Zidane is back after two managers in 6 months.
ffs they're an absolute joke.

I think barca would suit him way better and if they offload Rakitic this summer he could be wanted possibly, unfortunately we have zero chance of Coutinho going to other way.

You make a very good point, At Barcelona he will struggle for starts in a team like that and at Real Madrid his occasional purple patches/ dips in form will see them get the daggers out for him. Question is will it really bother Christian if he does have his heart set on a move?

Either way it'll be a fascinating summer for so many reasons. Chelsea smash & grab to stockpile if the law gives them their ban respite, Real Madrid going doolally, Man City want to sign 3 players according to Pep, Liverpool & what's available to them after blowing their load last summer, Man U's first signings under Solskjaer if he gets the gig, how we react after a year and a half of no signings etc there's a shit load of potential activity that I expect to go down

I really cannot understand any top player joining that shithouse, flat track bully club

Er... it might have something to do with winning the CL (over and over again?). Modric has 4 CL winners' medal.

OK the supporters don't tolerate underperformance for long. But most top players in the world would gnaw their own arm off to play for them.

Back
Top Bottom