Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Depends on the deal ... he's near enough 30 so a two year pay-as-you-play contract might work ... he's Adidas not Nike so if we are going Nike can't see them loving this deal ... Isco is Nike (as is Eriksen) that seems a far more likely trade ... or why not Coutinho from Barca?

Coutinho would be superb. Eriksen replacing Rakitic and Coutinho hasn’t really fitted in there at all.

Good shout. But unfortunately can’t see it happening. More likely to end up with someone from Bournemouth than Barca.

A marquee name at new stadium would be nice but can't see Levy spending over £80 million for him, noises madrid interested in Erikson so maybe straight player swap?
There would be no sell on value with Bale.
We would take the maximum Eriksen money we could get and invest it in a couple of up and coming prospects who could potentially develop to Eriksens standard.
Then the process starts again.

It's how we do our business. We don't buy proven winners. We develop them and they become proven winners after we've cashed in.
This is why we won't be signing Gareth Bale, unfortunately

Don't think anyone would question our need for him right now but we know he isn't the long-term solution.

Astonished by the shit he gets from the RM fans, like said above, he single-handedly won them the CL last year, for that alone he should be respected.

I do however like the situation both him and RM have got themselves into and only by becoming unstuck will they ever learn. Hopefully there will be very few suitors and RM will have to pay a bucket load of cash to move him on.

Well those videos make it pretty clear why he wants out...

I have no doubt in my mind with the new stadium opening that Danny Boy has tried using his "special relationship" with Perez to make it look like we would be doing them a favour taking him off their hands by contributing 1/4 of his wages, and give the fans a marquee signing.

He may have his injury problems but thats less of a problem when you actually have a squad to cope with injuries, which we dont at the moment. More often than not in RM colours hes won them games when hes played (CL final springs to mind) and I personally would take him if the deal was right and crucially if Poch wants him. Think of the games this season alone where we've needed that spark, that little sprinkle of world-class ability...

Well those videos make it pretty clear why he wants out...

I have no doubt in my mind with the new stadium opening that Danny Boy has tried using his "special relationship" with Perez to make it look like we would be doing them a favour taking him off their hands by contributing 1/4 of his wages, and give the fans a marquee signing.

He may have his injury problems but thats less of a problem when you actually have a squad to cope with injuries, which we dont at the moment. More often than not in RM colours hes won them games when hes played (CL final springs to mind) and I personally would take him if the deal was right and crucially if Poch wants him. Think of the games this season alone where we've needed that spark, that little sprinkle of world-class ability...
Madrid largely controls the media narrative (other than a fallout kneejerk end of the world loss to *insert clubs name*), the press around Bale right now is negative because they want it to be. They want him out because he's their highest paid player by a mile (+€150k pw more than Ramos!) with still 3yrs left on his contract, they want him gone mostly because of this mate, but they can't jump up and down and say they can't afford him, it will break the greatest myth in football that they can sign whoever they want and that "whoever" would want to go there.

The thing about Bale re-signing is simple.

If we can afford him and get the quality of players we need in all other positions, then by all means do it.

If we can get Bale, but signing him means we get cheap shit and lucky dip signings elsewhere, then not a hope he should sign.

The thing about Bale re-signing is simple.

If we can afford him and get the quality of players we need in all other positions, then by all means do it.

If we can get Bale, but signing him means we get cheap shit and lucky dip signings elsewhere, then not a hope he should sign.
A signing like him would attract other players surely? Including getting some of the players we already have to stay ... looking at Toby here.

Back
Top Bottom