Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's a difference between the players, manager the chairman and finally the club.

The press for example was awful to Sterling but praises Pep constantly and yet their both employed by the same club.

What on earth is your point?

You think Spurs get an easy ride from the media as they're UK-owned?

...And this somehow makes Levy all the more of a villain?

...You'd rather have seen more mud slung our way this season?

(You do realise the UK media have done a huge amount to perpetuate this impression that Levy's a penny-pinching bond villain to begin with, don't you?)

dude a whore won't play a fiddle if it's broken.
The main man don't need the media to give that impression brother , he rocked it himself.

I'm arguing any rep he has has been amplified by the media.

Said media is in turn what shapes OUR outside impression of him.

(I say this assuming none of us have genuine personal insight into the man....?)

Last edited:
dude a whore won't play a fiddle if it's broken.

Hi Chester. I’d just like to point out how much I love your pithy, homespun amorphisms from the Arctic Circle and beyond. On the long winter nights I get a great deal of satisfaction knowing that you are colder than me.

Not a criticism as such, but do you have any raccoon based wisdom? I admit I’m an ignorant Englishman, but do the furry little fuckers even get up as far North as you?

Being made into a hat seems a harsh punishment for a lack of basic Geography.

Respect.

Last edited:
Wow, it didn't take long for the knives to come out! I know people are disappointed with recent results, but we have to be realistic on what we can do with regards to transfers. The last thing I want is for our club to go to the wall, and whatever Daniel's motives are, doubt that will happen whilst he is in charge.

Hi Chester. I’d just like to point out how much I love your pithy, homespun amorphisms from the Arctic Circle and beyond. On the long winter nights I get a great deal of satisfaction knowing that you are colder than me.

Not a criticism as such, but do you have any raccoon based wisdom? I admit I’m an ignorant Englishman, but do the furry little fuckers even get up as far North as you?

Being made into a hat seems a harsh punishment for a lack of basic Geography.

Respect.
Ain't no coon critter around Whitehorse but we sure got badtooth grizzlys .
A few summer's back down south worked on Uncle Woodrow's farmstead in Alberta. You sure got those coons in the salt marsh around the creek.
No Davy Crockett hats here brother , that's in gong land of the free . We leave that to the half witted Trumpbillys.

(Our Great Great Granddaddys all United Empire Loyalists )

Ain't no coon critter around Whitehorse but we sure got badtooth grizzlys .
A few summer's back down south worked on Uncle Woodrow's farmstead in Alberta. You sure got those coons in the salt marsh around the creek.
No Davy Crockett hats here brother , that's in gong land of the free . We leave that to the half witted Trumpbillys.

(Our Great Great Granddaddys all United Empire Loyalists )

Ha ha - you’re a good guy Chester. More power to you.

Very interesting listening to Jonathan Barnett speaking on Football daily's podcast.

For those who don't know he's a huge agent who represents some top players one of whom is Gareth Bale.

Firstly, there is absolutely zero truth to any form of a Bale / Eriksen swap. Zero. Especially when considering the talk is bale plus money Real Madrid value bale higher than Eriksen. The rumour was started by a rugby agent.

Secondly, we actually have enquired and tried to take Bale on loan. My memory isn't the best through health reasons and I smoke large amounts of goodies but I think it was this summers window.

Thirdly, and most importantly for me; he outright said he doesn't care about any club so , bearing that in mind, these next comments come with extra weight.

He said that Daniel Levy is a tough negotiator for sure. That side of the media is true. But, crucially, he dispelled any talk of him being a last minute mess around etc. In fact, he said Levy is actually the most honest chairman he has ever dealt with.

You agree a deal with Daniel and he completely follows through. Not just with the financials but anything specific for the player and staff included.

Now I'm not writing this expecting everyone to change their minds but given this info straight from someone reliables mouth could we not argue for now at least that:

Pochettino will not be pissed off with Levy not delivering on promises. The stadium delay is extremely unfair to stick on his shoulders. I'd assume he has been given the free reign he wanted with his contract upgrade to manager from head coach. Theres plenty of evidence this for anyone to see.

What Barnett says suggests to me that we have money for Poch to spend. Levy and Poch have both said as much. I'd hazard a guess that it's a low amount in today's market without sales but it's there. Again this is conjecture, but I'd imagine Pochettino knows exactly what he has available to him and what he has to do ie who he'd have to sell to improve those numbers.

No ones entirely sure as to ENIC's plans on when they want to sell but Levy does his damn best for this club.

I said this next bit earlier in the thread but got no response. If anyone could at least acknowledge that it's something they'd also heard of at least it would help me feel a lot better and less like my constant time indoors is driving me stir crazy.

I can't say where I read the information but to my understanding ENIC are receptive to selling which I assume will move onto actively looking to sell the club at some stage. However , as I also understand it Levy and his son are both genuine Tottenham fans and that the intention is for ENIC to sell their share in a deal that lets the new group own the club while releasing Levy from his current role at ENIC with the promise of being the chairman going forward.

This is something I'd be up for because if we get new owners who are willing to invest in the playing staff on a grand scale without putting finances 1st is actually be excited to see what Levy could do being directly told the purse strings are looser.

Whether you like him or not ( I like him a lot more than his negatives gripe me ) this man has driven this club forward at a dramatically impressive rate while spending next to nothing compared to those around us. Would love him to be able to take on some deals he couldn't of done before so.

Sorry for the long post. We've aged between games so maybe take it a paragraph at a time :)

ENIC was initially financed by the Tavistock group which is the investment fund owned by Lewis. ENIC, I believe is run as a separate entity of which Lewis owns 70% with Levy owning 30%. Lewis will have the deciding vote however it's very much run by Levy.

The only reason Lewis has put his hand in his pocket for the stadium loan is the terms would be preferential for both parties, either with the rates or terms on which the money is released.

So I'm not entirely sure the "Joe get your cash out" lines is accurate. ENIC runs as a business (as it should) and things need to be in-line with their long-term goal which might of course be different to ours as fans.

I look at everything ENIC has done and sit here amazed. It's highly likely with the revenue drivers (hotel, redevelopment, regeneration, commercial deals) that they could conceivably shift their debt in a few years. Once gone that have the ability to generate a HUGE income year-on-year.

We we sometimes talk about selling the club but it will depend on what yield they are giving up, the problem with money is knowing where to put it and having investments that return the desired yield. It doesn't just sit in a bank. Will they want to risk £1 billion in another project or keep their investment and reap the rewards?

If it were me I would probably sit tight knowing I was making 15-25% on my investment each year. I would love an investment like that... You will struggle to get a bond above 5% at the moment and an ISA about 2%

I can't say where I read the information but to my understanding ENIC are receptive to selling which I assume will move onto actively looking to sell the club at some stage. However , as I also understand it Levy and his son are both genuine Tottenham fans and that the intention is for ENIC to sell their share in a deal that lets the new group own the club while releasing Levy from his current role at ENIC with the promise of being the chairman going forward.
:)
There are newspaper reports saying that Levy/ENIC are ready to sell for £2 billion.
However there were newspaper reports from 2014 saying that they were ready to sell for £1 billion.

The only thing I can remember reading, with actual quotes from Levy, was that IF an offer came in that they would look at it.
He said something along the lines of;
As they are custodians of Spurs and have a responsibility to the club and the fans, it would be wrong not to.
They would only sell to someone who would genuinely have Spurs best interest at heart.

I can't find the article though.
Anyone ?

There are newspaper reports saying that Levy/ENIC are ready to sell for £2 billion.
However there were newspaper reports from 2014 saying that they were ready to sell for £1 billion.

The only thing I can remember reading, with actual quotes from Levy, was that IF an offer came in that they would look at it.
He said something along the lines of;
As they are custodians of Spurs and have a responsibility to the club and the fans, it would be wrong not to.
They would only sell to someone who would genuinely have Spurs best interest at heart.

I can't find the article though.
Anyone ?

This from Darren Lewis?
Tottenham up for sale but owner Joe Lewis wants a massive £1 BILLION for the club
The 77-year-old businessman is ready to cash in on £22m investment he made in 2001 but has received no interest with Spurs still Champions League outsiders
  • 22:31, 10 SEP 2014
  • UPDATED12:34, 11 SEP 2014
Tottenham owner Joe Lewis ready to sell the club for £1billion

Lewis isn't the most trustworthy of reporters/journos.

Back
Top Bottom