Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People have supported the club before levy and will be here after. And it is shameful to exploit this loyalty and rip them off.

I'm not naive, it's obvious what you're vaguely driving at, but you'll need to define "exploitation" and "rip off" in this context if you expect to make your point.

You pay to see an EPL game?

....What are you given in return?

A ticket for a seat at said EPL game... Thus: Consumer contract fulfilled.

I understand the extra season at Wembley has pissed people off and I genuinely support any ST-holder gripes on this front, but Levy's been accused of rinsing the club for years without credible cause so pardon me if I assume such accusations are little else but opportunistic.

Are you an ST-holder btw?

This is getting boring fast.

Not nearly as "boring" as when people ignore the bulk of entire posts just cos it is inconvenient to the little horror story they're trying to spin?

"but you'll need to define "exploitation" and "rip off" in this context if you expect to make your point.

You pay to see an EPL game?

....What are you given in return?

A ticket for a seat at said EPL game... Thus: Consumer contract fulfilled.

I understand the extra season at Wembley has pissed people off and I genuinely support any ST-holder gripes on this front, but Levy's been accused of rinsing the club for years without credible cause so pardon me if I assume such accusations are little else but opportunistic.

Are you an ST-holder btw?"

If you are being ripped off and exploited as you claim then why are you doing nothing about this bar having a whinge on a website? ....If your concerns are forthright and genuine, why are you letting Levy make a mug of you like this?

I know if I felt ripped off and exploited I'd defo want to do something about it.

By being so passive, aren't you just displaying one of these much fabled 'loser mentalities' we've heard a lot about recently?

How dare you, caring supporter, allow him to get away with such at the expense of your club?

how am i being 'exploited' or 'ripped off' ?

He’s gone mental.

The reality is any football fan is being exploited or ripped off.
When you look at the cost of a kit especially. I feel for parents with 3 or 4 football mad boys.

Ticket prices I would argue spurs fans are definitely being taken for as much as possible. We would probably pay more though. Or at least a lot of people would.

However an example.
Recently two tickets to the NLD at Wembley cost me £110.
That would buy me 6 tickets to watch Stevenage play Swindon.

In terms of facilities, value of players on display and quality of the football I would argue that the Stevenage fan is the one being “ripped off” in that situation.

Professional Football is just an expensive sport to follow now.
And we are the most expensive of the lot. But compared to League two there is IMO some value for money.

We not long ago lost to Crystal Palace in the FA Cup.

Now I understand your point about us being the underdogs in most of the semi/finals of the League and FA Cup. My problem is that we keep losing over and over again.
Surely you'd think that we could beat a United, Ciy or Chelsea in the later rounds of the cups at least once?
Yet we just can't seem to do it, it's like a record stuck on repeat.

From this people say that we have a culture or mindset of bottling things.
Until we go all the way we can not prove otherwise.

Your right about Woolwich having a head start on us I should of taken that into account.

We lost to Palace, the same as we lost to Burnley & Southampton away, it happens. Football has occasions like this, hence why Burton Albion made it to the semi finals of the League Cup this season.

Some of the semi finals haven't gone our way, some we've underperformed in it happens. Consistency is the benchmark and we've consistently achieved top 4 for multiple seasons now and even though we've hit a really bad patch of form we are still bookies favourites to do so again.

Year on year our stature as a football club is growing. When Pochettino came in he has the likes of Kaboul, Adebayor, Stambouli and Fazio in his squad for the opening match of the league season. Even though we've hit some shit for, we've equalled our record for most away wins this season which cannot be overlooked.

Our strongest defence in my opinion, one consisting of Rose Alderweireld Vertonghen & Aurier haven't played a minute of league action together all starting and our four up top have mustered 6 starts from a possible 43 games played due to injuries, international duty etc. We are currently 3rd despite playing half of our league fixtures in front of a 2/3rds empty Wembley stadium. Yes the last 4 league fixtures have been poor returns but the supporters of the club really do need to cut it some slack at the moment.

Since we last signed someone the following teams have signed the following players:

Woolwich - Aubemayang, Lichsteiner, Sokratis, Leno, Guendouzi, Torreira, Denis Suarez, Mkhitaryan.
C£155m spent

Chelsea - Kepa, Pulisic, Jorginho, Higuan, Kovacic, Emerson, Barkley, Giroud.
C£250m spent.

Liverpool - Van Dijk, Allison, Naby Keita, Shaqiri, Fabinho.
£225m spent

Man U - Alexis Sanchez, Fred, Dalot.
Market value £100m spent

Man City - Laporte, Mahrez.

£120m spent

All of these players have signed for their clubs since we last signed someone in a transfer window. How anyone sees us still above teams that have spent on some occasions 10x more than us like Chelsea have yet us still be above them as a failure I honestly will never know or understand.

Us holding our own against all of the above imporovements is a huge success, yet some see the black and white of trophy or no trophy as ultimate failure. The teams we compete with in the top 6 have spent roughly what £850m+ on talent since the last time we forked out. People need to be realistic and stop putting unnecessary pressure on the club when it is more than holding its own

Last edited:
how am i being 'exploited' or 'ripped off' ?
Ticket prices are a rip off really. But fair play to you if you think you are getting really good value for ££ & they are worth the fee. Any match going or merchandise buying fan of a big football team are being ripped off.

Because I told you...read the previous posts. The answer is there. You want me to repeat the same thing over and over again for everyone that cant be bothered to read the previous posts?

You're being asked to quantify and explain your claims, not merely repeat them.... A man would follow up on this if they were held with any conviction.... Particularly given the nature of the accusations.

Yet: 'Man' spouts sensational bollocks.... Called out upon it..... Calls "boring" and goes "lalalalala" from there in.

You're not an ST-holder; you're just piggy-backing off of the potential financial inconvenience of those that are.

Ticket prices are a rip off really. But fair play to you if you think you are getting really good value for ££ & they are worth the fee. Any match going or merchandise buying fan of a big football team are being ripped off.
The whole football supporter role is a rip off we all know that but we still do it we moan and groan but what’s the alternative don’t go to games,don’t buy the merchandise don’t subscribe to the sports channels! How fucking boring would that be? But nobody’s being forced to buy or do anything so why moan?

Nope. Still none the wiser as to what length of post has to do with you incessantly ridiculing the club.
Why is it that whenever anyone criticises ENIC or Levy himself you retort with this nonsense.
Tottenham Hotspur were here long before ENIC and will be here long after.

Criticising or ridiculing the owners should never be interpreted as criticising or ridiculing our club.

Why can't you accept that without constantly resorting to cheap snides and insults.

Lots on here criticise Poch and his tactics. Some are outspoken in their dislike of certain players. Are they ridiculing the club to?

Or is it just criticism of the owners thats out of bounds?

Last edited:
We lost to Palace, the same as we lost to Burnley & Southampton away, it happens. Football has occasions like this, hence why Burton Albion made it to the semi finals of the League Cup this season.

Some of the semi finals haven't gone our way, some we've underperformed in it happens. Consistency is the benchmark and we've consistently achieved top 4 for multiple seasons now and even though we've hit a really bad patch of form we are still bookies favourites to do so again.

Year on year our stature as a football club is growing. When Pochettino came in he has the likes of Kaboul, Adebayor, Stambouli and Fazio in his squad for the opening match of the league season. Even though we've hit some shit for, we've equalled our record for most away wins this season which cannot be overlooked.

Our strongest defence in my opinion, one consisting of Rose Alderweireld Vertonghen & Aurier haven't played a minute of league action together all starting and our four up top have mustered 6 starts from a possible 43 games played due to injuries, international duty etc. We are currently 3rd despite playing half of our league fixtures in front of a 2/3rds empty Wembley stadium. Yes the last 4 league fixtures have been poor returns but the supporters of the club really do need to cut it some slack at the moment.

Since we last signed someone the following teams have signed the following players:

Woolwich - Aubemayang, Lichsteiner, Sokratis, Leno, Guendouzi, Torreira, Denis Suarez, Mkhitaryan.
C£155m spent

Chelsea - Kepa, Pulisic, Jorginho, Higuan, Kovacic, Emerson, Barkley, Giroud.
C£250m spent.

Liverpool - Van Dijk, Allison, Naby Keita, Shaqiri, Fabinho.
£225m spent

Man U - Alexis Sanchez, Fred, Dalot.
Market value £100m spent

Man City - Laporte, Mahrez.
£120m spent

All of these players have signed for their clubs since we last signed someone in a transfer window. How anyone sees us still above teams that have spent on some occasions 10x more than us like Chelsea have yet us still be above them as a failure I honestly will never know or understand.

Us holding our own against all of the above imporovements is a huge success, yet some see the black and white of trophy or no trophy as ultimate failure. The teams we compete with in the top 6 have spent roughly what £850m+ on talent since the last time we forked out. People need to be realistic and stop putting unnecessary pressure on the club when it is more than holding its own
Mate we have lost eight FA cup semi finals in a row plus a LC semi final recently which again we again failed to get over the line.
I don't think that amount can simply be fobbed off as didn't go our way it's an abysmal record, embarrassing too and I have to say that poch should have got one of these recent semi's over the line with the team he has had.
I still think that no matter who plays for the club it still has an inferiority complex when challenged with high pressure big games that as yet no one is able to find a way of breaking the cycle.

Back
Top Bottom