Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just a wee reminder that we haven't won a cup in 11 years.

:adethumbup:

In that space of time however, only Swansea, Birmingham & Wigan have won a domestic cup compared to the rest of the top teams completely dominating the trophy hauls in recent years.

2 things, firstly does anyone ever talk about all of the other clubs, the Everton's, West Ham's, Newcastle Uniteds etc that haven't won anything (Leicester won the league but that was as much down to the big clubs having a pathetic season as it was them having a freak one, plus you said Cup not League so I'm going with that) and secondly would you swap where we are for any of those highlited teams that have apparently achieved more than we have in the last 11 years?

Our project is different, we are growing a huge, somewhat sleeping club that really lost its way when the money and globilisation kicked in. It's focus isn't on the immediate like so many teams, its focus is on consistency at a higher level in order to grow. If we had wanted to go flat out to win a cup I'm sure we could have, but that would have meant prioritising the cups over the league thus not retaining the likes of Dele, Harry & Pochettino due to less £££ etc and not enjoying nights testing ourselves as places like the San Siro, Bernabeu, Juve or the Nou Camp.

I don't care what anyone says, the last 5 years have been more important to our club than the odd cup win would have. The issue is people want the best of both worlds.

Last edited:
The chairman is not the club.

They should be held to account, checks and balances my freind.

"Just a wee reminder that we haven't won a cup in 11 years."

Clubs win trophies, not chairmen.

"Oh".

All you do is make snide digs at the club, chairman, our squad and lack of success... I know you think it's funny and probably get a buzz out receiving of a few 'agrees' from those with a similar tact; but it's tedious as fuck and about as comedic as typhoid.

"Just a wee reminder that we haven't won a cup in 11 years."

Clubs win trophies, not chairmen.

"Oh".

All you do is make snide digs at the club, chairman, our squad and lack of success... I know you think it's funny and probably get a buzz out receiving of a few 'agrees' from those with a similar tact; but it's tedious as fuck and about as comedic as typhoid.
Why is it that any criticism of ENIC must be regarded as either trolling or some sort of attempt to garner agrees?

When certain thoughts and opinions are considered bunk from the start it's hard to even put a point forward in the first place.

Why is it that any criticism of ENIC must be regarded as either trolling or some sort of attempt to garner agrees?

When certain thoughts and opinions are considered bunk from the start it's hard to even put a point forward in the first place.

I'm responding to your broader posting habits; not the individual comment.

In that space of time however, only Swansea, Birmingham & Wigan have won a domestic cup compared to the rest of the top teams completely dominating the trophy hauls in recent years.

2 things, firstly does anyone ever talk about all of the other clubs, the Everton's, West Ham's, Newcastle Uniteds etc that haven't won anything (Leicester won the league but that was as much down to the big clubs having a pathetic season as it was them having a freak one, plus you said Cup not League so I'm going with that) and secondly would you swap where we are for any of those highlited teams that have apparently achieved more than we have in the last 11 years?

Our project is different, we are growing a huge, somewhat sleeping club that really lost its way when the money and globilisation kicked in. It's focus isn't on the immediate like so many teams, its focus is on consistency at a higher level in order to grow. If we had wanted to go flat out to win a cup I'm sure we could have, but that would have meant prioritising the cups over the league thus not retaining the likes of Dele, Harry & Pochettino due to less £££ etc and not enjoying nights testing ourselves as places like the San Siro, Bernabeu, Juve or the Nou Camp.

I don't care what anyone says, the last 5 years have been more important to our club than the odd cup win would have. The issue is people want the best of both worlds.
This questions seems to be put forward on a regular basis that being would we swap our position for that of Wigan's who have won a cup more recently than us.

The question is purley hypothetical though, so let's instead take a club that has far more in common in terms of recent league positions. Woolwich, In the space of 5 years they have won 3 FA Cups.

Us in the space of 11 have won none I don't think that acceptable it's quite simple.

This questions seems to be put forward on a regular basis that being would we swap our position for that of Wigan's who have won a cup more recently than us.

The question is purley hypothetical though, so let's instead take a club that has far more in common in terms of recent league positions. Woolwich, In the space of 5 years they have won 3 FA Cups.

Us in the space of 11 have won none I don't think that acceptable it's quite simple.

LOL.... You fucking meme!

What are YOU gonna do about it besides moan on the internet?

Fuck all that's what.

...Turns out it's "acceptable" afterall, eh? :kaneshh:

Last edited:

Ok let's do so, even though the comparison with Woolwich isn't particularly fair as they have 15 years on us with the stadium, it's costs, their revenue streams, extra fan base etc.

Woolwich have won 3 cups in the last 5 years and their manager got sacked and has been unemployed since. They were miles ahead of us financially and now the gap is roughly £10m. They have also lost players like Sanchez & Ramsey to bigger clubs and had to pay an extortionate amount of money to Ozil in order to stop him from leaving on a free as well.

We have qualified for the Champions League 3 times in the last 5 years, leading to us breaking into the top 10 wealthiest clubs globally, keeping all of our best players to date with the only one who left bringing with him a world record fee at the time. We have been able to offer 2 of the worlds top 12 most valuable players 6 year deals, along with a host of others that have signed up.

2 of Woolwich's 3 cup final wins have come against Hull City & Aston Villa. Every single one of our Final or semi final losses have come against teams that if anyone likes it or not are bigger clubs than ours.

We haven't played in a semi or final and not been the underdog with the bookies since we lost to Portsmouth back in what was it 2009 or something like that? People need to accept that we have probably achieved in the cups what our club size should be with frequent semi final wins and the occasional final and over achieved in the league. We've never been a favourite in a semi or final we've lost so why people see it as being a bottle job I have no idea.

6th biggest team in the last 10 years and fantastic league achievements by finishing higher than teams like Man United, Liverpool, Woolwich, Chelsea and even Man City one season. We have been successful, more than many chose to believe or understand based on where the club finds itself at present.

Ok let's do so, even though the comparison with Woolwich isn't particularly fair as they have 15 years on us with the stadium, it's costs, their revenue streams, extra fan base etc.

Woolwich have won 3 cups in the last 5 years and their manager got sacked and has been unemployed since. They were miles ahead of us financially and now the gap is roughly £10m. They have also lost players like Sanchez & Ramsey to bigger clubs and had to pay an extortionate amount of money to Ozil in order to stop him from leaving on a free as well.

We have qualified for the Champions League 3 times in the last 5 years, leading to us breaking into the top 10 wealthiest clubs globally, keeping all of our best players to date with the only one who left bringing with him a world record fee at the time. We have been able to offer 2 of the worlds top 12 most valuable players 6 year deals, along with a host of others that have signed up.

2 of Woolwich's 3 cup final wins have come against Hull City & Aston Villa. Every single one of our Final or semi final losses have come against teams that if anyone likes it or not are bigger clubs than ours.

We haven't played in a semi or final and not been the underdog with the bookies since we lost to Portsmouth back in what was it 2009 or something like that? People need to accept that we have probably achieved in the cups what our club size should be with frequent semi final wins and the occasional final and over achieved in the league. We've never been a favourite in a semi or final we've lost so why people see it as being a bottle job I have no idea.

6th biggest team in the last 10 years and fantastic league achievements by finishing higher than teams like Man United, Liverpool, Woolwich, Chelsea and even Man City one season. We have been successful, more than many chose to believe or understand based on where the club finds itself at present.
We not long ago lost to Crystal Palace in the FA Cup.

Now I understand your point about us being the underdogs in most of the semi/finals of the League and FA Cup. My problem is that we keep losing over and over again.
Surely you'd think that we could beat a United, Ciy or Chelsea in the later rounds of the cups at least once?
Yet we just can't seem to do it, it's like a record stuck on repeat.

From this people say that we have a culture or mindset of bottling things.
Until we go all the way we can not prove otherwise.

Your right about Woolwich having a head start on us I should of taken that into account.

Back
Top Bottom