Southampton (A) 9th March - 1500 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Changes should have been made sooner; maybe around the 60th minute, maybe sooner. The tide was turning fast.

That's never happened before. Tide turning, one way traffic, missed chance after missed chance for the opposition, game turned on his head....and then the subs...in the stand or in the dugout. Poch just needed to get nando on to support Kane, take eriksen off (permanently) and stick everyone behind the ball and keep lumping it forward.

Pissed right off.

The mentality of our players is the problem. Always up for it in the champions league yet seem to think teams like wolves, burnley, Southampton and Watford are a given. Until that mindset changes we will not win anything.

And we wonder why the media overlooks us.

That's what pisses me off - loads of us on here complaining about the media constantly is against us and ridiculing Spurs but then the team constantly gives them ammunition to do so

I think if we continue to play like this for the remainder of the season and we miss out on top 4 then I think it might be a reasonable question to ask.

There is no point keeping a manager that can’t motivate the players to give everything in every game.

It’s either we move on or we have a complete squad overhaul.

Or you know, the players actually do their fucking jobs so Poch doesn’t get the sack.

I don’t want Poch gone but ultimately, as we have seen at clubs like Chelsea, the players have the power these days unless the chairman completely backs his man and tells the players to get on with it or they will get sold.

I can’t understand what’s going on with us right now, one minute we are fantastic the next we are having games like today.
What I didn't like was what he said to the media yesterday about being interested in other projects, with particular emphasis on Spain. I thought he could have sidestepped that.

But this has been a constant problem for more than this season. How can the players keep doing that?

Surely they must have learned to focus on each game and apply themselves. If they believe their own hype and constantly fail to deliver in key moments then that absolutely shows the lack of mentailty

Well yeah, this team is weak under pressure. Chiellini summed it up last season when he said that playing well and losing is the history of Tottenham. We have been a team of soft, quiet players for a very long time. We’ve gotten tougher under Poch but still not tough enough.

It keeps happening because our players have this weird attitude where they lack belief against top teams yet think they are too good to work hard against the lesser teams. Consistency is the mark of a strong team and we are not consistent.

A remarkable job, I'm sorry I'm not having that. Spend nothing still get into the champions league when everyone else is spending big money..even Everton and Leicester and probably wolves, yes wolves are showing more ambition with there investment in the team... as far as I know levy is not a coach so he has done fuck all to keep us in the champions league places. In fact it seems to me he has tried his hardest for us not to get there, we are in the top 10 richest clubs in European football but people still believe that we have no money..we do levy just likes it to be in the bank so he can look at the figures and get all over excited.. I know the stadium blah blah.. if anyone believes that the finance for the stadium is really much different to the way anything else is financed then your just believing it because u love levy imo.. any big financier would lend that kind of money to a big club in the premier league that generates hundreds of millions a year and keeps generating higher revenues every year it's a no brainer..there money is safer then anywhere else the could of lent it and they would happily make the repayments very manageable and just tag some extra years onto the contract so they can raise the interest rate as we generate more money.....come on I cannot be the only one who sees through levy ..can I?

And where are Wolverhampton and Everton today? Yeah, that's right, far behind us. Sunderland showed ambition by signing Jack Rodwell on a £70K-a-week contract. That royally fucked them over.
We are punching above our heads financially. Just look at our revenue and compare them to the other top 6-clubs.

Last edited:
I still can't believe we conspired to throw that one away. Prob the best first half performance since Everton-absolutely fucking criminal.
Subbing Moura was one of the worst decisions I've seen, dele was dropping back and looked out on his feet and we take off our fastest trickiest player who had a good first half for a knackered Son? wtf like
Why change our shape second half as well? I am baffled

A remarkable job, I'm sorry I'm not having that. Spend nothing still get into the champions league when everyone else is spending big money..even Everton and Leicester and probably wolves, yes wolves are showing more ambition with there investment in the team... as far as I know levy is not a coach so he has done fuck all to keep us in the champions league places. In fact it seems to me he has tried his hardest for us not to get there, we are in the top 10 richest clubs in European football but people still believe that we have no money..we do levy just likes it to be in the bank so he can look at the figures and get all over excited.. I know the stadium blah blah.. if anyone believes that the finance for the stadium is really much different to the way anything else is financed then your just believing it because u love levy imo.. any big financier would lend that kind of money to a big club in the premier league that generates hundreds of millions a year and keeps generating higher revenues every year it's a no brainer..there money is safer then anywhere else the could of lent it and they would happily make the repayments very manageable and just tag some extra years onto the contract so they can raise the interest rate as we generate more money.....come on I cannot be the only one who sees through levy ..can I?
do you understand how accountancy works?

if you spend more than you earn, you have to borrow to pay your debts, when you borrow you pay back more than you borrowed.
When you don't pay it back, you have to start selling your assets to pay back what you owe
If you don't have a sheikh or a thief to bankroll you, then everything turns to shit.

Levy is a man who knows how to balance the books and looks to the long term future of the club - so he isn't spending (any more) money that the club doesn't have (than he has already)

because - he just bankrolled a massively expensive stadium - do you think it was a free gift from the grateful residents of North London?

the club cannot match the spending of other clubs, and we have to make do with the resources that we have.

I don´t get the spending-narrative to explain this game. We got out-managed in the second half, rather than out-played - but on balance also quite unlucky as we should have led by three at the interval.

As much as I hate to say this, when we won 5/5 without Kane and lost 3 with him, it is more than just bad luck. Moura and Kane just disappeared in the 2nd half and I can’t even tell anymore if we played good in the first half or SH played bad.

Back
Top Bottom