Borussia Dortmund vs Tottenham Hotspur - Westfalenstadion - 5th March 2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe the best thing about yesterday was just after Dortmund's 10 minute mini onslaught.

Like we have seen done against us, notably at Wembley last year in our cup semi-final and in other games, you saw the home team wilt. You saw belief etch away from them and our players start to take control.

It's how I felt and once the goal went in and if I'm honest a few mins before, there was an air of inevitably about it.

We just got to be able to do that a bit more in the biggest games which for me is why I would mostly rather add to our current squad than seeing 4 or 5 replaced.

Maybe the best thing about yesterday was just after Dortmund's 10 minute mini onslaught.

Like we have seen done against us, notably at Wembley last year in our cup semi-final and in other games, you saw the home team wilt. You saw belief etch away from them and our players start to take control.

It's how I felt and once the goal went in and if I'm honest a few mins before, there was an air of inevitably about it.

We just got to be able to do that a bit more in the biggest games which for me is why I would mostly rather add to our current squad than seeing 4 or 5 replaced.

Verts brilliant tackle maybe a turning point in the game.

No double entendre meant !!

A lot better after last night and the hangover has just gone but worth it

I’m good mate and how’s you?
Last night a huge relief...thought they were magnificent...they did everything we expected and more...Can't believe some slating on here!!!
Sissoko was immense as was super jan.
Glad you are well mate...been hanging wallpaper all day so may watch the mancs Chuck it in vs psg!

Verts brilliant tackle maybe a turning point in the game.

No double entendre meant !!

And yes but that's why he is there.

We know we have excellent defenders so we should expect such exhibitions of quality.

We cannot go on about how good we can be and then not be.

Wonderful night but now to Saturday. Mark of a top side is to wallow in praise for a day and then turn body and mind to the next challenge.

Last night a huge relief...thought they were magnificent...they did everything we expected and more...Can't believe some slating on here!!!
Sissoko was immense as was super jan.
Glad you are well mate...been hanging wallpaper all day so may watch the mancs Chuck it in vs psg!

Wouldn’t be surprised if they turn PSG over which might be good for us next round

It may be 62 on my birthday certificate but I certainly don't act it!!
:allitongue:
You'd think that supporting Spurs for so long would add a considerable amount more mileage, certainly to the heart! I'm still expecting to wake up one morning to find that I've turned into an old codger over night, but right now I still feel and act like an overgrown teenager.
:pritchardeyes::dawsonmean::mong:

BC where is the Dortmund ratings thread ?

I thought the First 35 minutes were pretty poor to be honest. There were some great individual pieces of defending (Vertonghen, Davies, Lloris) but way too much last ditch stuff to call it “tactically excellent” if Dortmund had got an early goal it would have got a bit squeaky.

But then Poch effectively pulled up another bus, by moving Son back to LM, Eriksen RM, went 541 and that pretty much quelled the storm.

The early goal second just knocked the bollocks out of Dortmund and the rest of the second half was a cruise.

Credit to Sissoko for spotting and playing the through ball and an excellent finish by Kane.

Amen.

Back
Top Bottom