Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He had his appendix out at Christmas (from memory).

You should get over tonsillitis in a few days.

Remember these people are not like us, queuing up at the nearest doctor's surgery. They are elite athletes with access to the finest physicians, sports scientists, dietitians, facilities etc.

What's going on with him?

Hmmmm...'ill' again. Not sure I'm buying it. Think something might have gone on...

Both things are linked to the immune system. So probably just very run down and been pushing through it.

After effect of playing so much football maybe.

Think people often overlook how far top class athletes need to push their bodies tbh. In the end something has to give.

He's been in 5 of our last 7 squads.

It's hardly like he's fucking disappeared. No one knows the extent of the illness he's had but I assume it's been pretty severe if he hasn't been able to make the match day squads in our last two league games.

Fulham (A) - On the bench following weeks out following his appendectomy, played 11 minutes.
Chelsea (A) - Started and played full 90 minutes in the League Cup
Palace (A) - Started and played 64 minutes in the FA Cup.
Watford (H) - On the bench, probably too much football for him to play after 3 games in a week.
Newcastle (H) - On the bench, played the final minute.

And then he's been out of our last two squads through illness. Now has tonsillitis. It was a virus that made him miss our previous two squads. Again, we don't know the severity. I assume he'll be back in the squad for the NLD.

It's not a fucking conspiracy, jesus christ, "What's wrong with him?"

Last edited:
He had his appendix out at Christmas (from memory).

You should get over tonsillitis in a few days.

Remember these people are not like us, queuing up at the nearest doctor's surgery. They are elite athletes with access to the finest physicians, sports scientists, dietitians, facilities etc.

What's going on with him?

But you also have to consider that he can't just be "healthy enough to work." He has to be back to peak physical condition to get into the squad.

He can’t be ill. It’s one of the following:

1) Fallen out with Poch after a massive fight about lack of signings

2) Crack

At least with option 2, Lamela was out for nearly a year before those rumours spread.

Dier has been out for a whopping 2 and a half weeks!!

But you also have to consider that he can't just be "healthy enough to work." He has to be back to peak physical condition to get into the squad.

Massively agree with this. Although I was back to being able to go to lectures 2 weeks after I had my appendix out, it was probably another month or so before I could walk reasonable distances comfortably. I can’t imagine it’s been an easy transition for him back to peak premier league condition.

Speaking as someone who had recurrent tonsillitis following glandular fever (until I got them removed!) - it can definitely be horrible and he'd be absolutely shite on the pitch if he tried to play through it. Got a lot of sympathy for Dier, especially with such shit appendicitis timing.

Anyway, he did a big interview with that 'inside the mind' guy for anyone interested.

Back
Top Bottom