"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Liverpool win the PL it would be the worst thing to happen to this league since Woolwich did it.

Even worse because we won't stop hearing about it for the next 10 years, their fans are fucking unbearable, the club is disgusting from top to bottom, supporting racists, victim mentality and constant whining about injustice when they get everything handed to them.

Liverpool must be stopped at all costs.

I am not negative mate but the recklessness and inaccuracy of optimism (not having a go at all at Totti) is a nonsense.

I am never really proven incorrect on the front of us never crossing the line so am I negative or realistic.

You get a lot of posters who just think wishing we will do well is enough or shows support. That is okay. Their right as it is surely mine to do support in a slightly different manner.

I want to be proved wrong more than anything.
You are though.

If I remember correctly, you were ridiculously negative about Leicester doing us over, and Dortmund.

In this respect, there was no line to cross. We were never in the race.

I don't meant to brag, but I would go to watch Spurs play in the Conference South and you're saying you won't go to games when we are third in the league because we don't always play up to your standards. Where were you when we were shit?

I think we’d have gone bust long before finding our way down to the National League south tbh.

Who is going to pay these current season ticket prices to watch us play in the National League??

Fact you even call it the Conference south just shows you’re making shit up to make yourself look better!

Bloody bragger.

:allitongue:

:llorishowudoin:

You are though.

If I remember correctly, you were ridiculously negative about Leicester doing us over, and Dortmund.

In this respect, there was no line to cross. We were never in the race.

You really don't get it mate.

Nearly everyone on here wants to start the 5 books a season thinking one of them, other than the tale of development will have a different ending.

4 books (4 trophies) and yet whatever the episodes, whatever the twists, the last chapter always ends the same.

It is a great ride but tinged with the knowledge of the ending being the same.

So am I negative as opposed to a bit wary of thinking that somehow the good guys can prevail for once.

You really don't get it mate.

Nearly everyone on here wants to start the 5 books a season thinking one of them, other than the tale of development will have a different ending.

4 books (4 trophies) and yet whatever the episodes, whatever the twists, the last chapter always ends the same.

It is a great ride but tinged with the knowledge of the ending being the same.

So am I negative as opposed to a bit wary of thinking that somehow the good guys can prevail for once.
Yea, if the only books you read are singular editions.

We're reading a series.

The payoff is yet to come. The full story is yet to unfold.

We've had 'The Philosopher's Stone', 'The Chamber of Secrets', 'The Prisoner of Azkaban', 'The Goblet of Fire', 'The Order of the Phoenix' and 'The Half-Blood Prince'...

...we're about to read 'The Deathly Hallows'.

tenor.gif

I don't meant to brag, but I would go to watch Spurs play in the Conference South and you're saying you won't go to games when we are third in the league because we don't always play up to your standards. Where were you when we were shit?
But you probably wouldn't have started supporting us if we were in the conference south. Now that's proper bragging rights.
On a plus side, our transfer budget might be bigger if we were a southern conference team.

Even if we lose the next 2 games we'll still be third. No way do the next 2 games determine our chances for a top 4 finish but I do get what you mean, positive results in both and I think we've fended the chasers off for another year. If we don't the gap could get squeezed to just one point separating us from 4th. Amazing how a mindset could change so quickly so I hope the boys are up for it
Id say Chelsea & Woolwich need to beat us more than we need to beat them (what with our pts cushion). Hopefully that will play in to our hands.

Think we need to beat Chelsea and Woolwich if we want to finish in the top 4, both of those games are imperative to our season because they are part of the chasing pack, we win those two games we could probably afford two more losses and still finish 3rd (depending on how United are during the run-in.)
The good news is that we lost against Burnley. No, seriously. Had we won against Burnley we'd be right in the mix for the title and then there'd be no way we'd win those next two games, because the pressure and expectation against rivals would be huge. Instead we go into those games without the pressure of the title and without anyone thinking we will walk the games. Which means we will hopefully play better and have a chance to win them. They are important games I just want us to play to our best.

Yea, if the only books you read are singular editions.

We're reading a series.

The payoff is yet to come. The full story is yet to unfold.

We've had 'The Philosopher's Stone', 'The Chamber of Secrets', 'The Prisoner of Azkaban', 'The Goblet of Fire', 'The Order of the Phoenix' and 'The Half-Blood Prince'...

...we're about to read 'The Deathly Hallows'.

tenor.gif
Well we've got a 'Harry' haven't we?

And Voldemort is covered

:levyeyes:

I don't think we have been that bad this season.Frustrating at times, yes, at some points we have been sublime.Or maybe i have been watching different games?!
Agree totally. The thing that boils my piss are games like Burnley. We go from sublime to absolute pedestrians, and whilst we have been grinding out results in this manner, its not title winning pedigree.
We are not that far off mind, but we need to add to the squad or we are going to slide next season I fear.

Agree totally. The thing that boils my piss are games like Burnley. We go from sublime to absolute pedestrians, and whilst we have been grinding out results in this manner, its not title winning pedigree.
We are not that far off mind, but we need to add to the squad or we are going to slide next season I fear.

The point is we view the season at the end, there are a lot of variables, but so far it's really been pretty good, racked up a few wins, there have been some moments but viewing after a loss can take things out of perspective.

Burnley was a poor game and it makes no sense because we'd had a good period of rest but I think it's wise remember they were going in to that match unbeaten in 7, they were low in the league but they're not the shitshow they might appear. They were organised and they were ready for us, we ultimately failed to defend a corner and did not do well at all with their winner, we didn't create enough and you can start to see how we got to losing it, I think there was some complacency at play.

Now it's about redemption and getting good performances in the next couple of games. We do tend to bounce back, so hopefully we'll be a bit more encouraged over the next few days.

The point is we view the season at the end, there are a lot of variables, but so far it's really been pretty good, racked up a few wins, there have been some moments but viewing after a loss can take things out of perspective.

Burnley was a poor game and it makes no sense because we'd had a good period of rest but I think it's wise remember they were going in to that match unbeaten in 7, they were low in the league but they're not the shitshow they might appear. They were organised and they were ready for us, we ultimately failed to defend a corner and did not do well at all with their winner, we didn't create enough and you can start to see how we got to losing it, I think there was some complacency at play.

Now it's about redemption and getting good performances in the next couple of games. We do tend to bounce back, so hopefully we'll be a bit more encouraged over the next few days.

Would love to be as positive as you, really would.

I just can’t see it myself as hard as I try.

Back
Top Bottom