Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To go along with this:

Dzy81NnWoAEhnWC.png

Any idea what these stats consist of?

You can't be getting rid of anyone from the squad who thinks like a Spurs fan. Coco does. The story of him telling Rose we can win the league a couple of seasons ago highlights the attitude and belief we're begging this squad to have.

Add the fact he isn't as shit as some want him to be, Poch clearly trusts him, the cheeky hand stamp, calling Wheelchair a pussy and you see why he's still around and NW1Spur NW1Spur isn't!

#hero

:lamelaaghh:

To go along with this:

Dzy81NnWoAEhnWC.png

Or this...
DzrPnOxWkAAp1wL.jpg:large

Just goes to prove stats (rather like compilation videos) can be made to support any argument. The more prettily presented the better! (Note GKN as our fourth 'best' player - and Winks (generally agreed as being our quiet star) languishes 21st out of 21.

The Statsbomb graphic is meaningless as there is no indication of what the x axis represents. (1.2 what? bananas eaten?). Does this mean that Lloris should be dropped as he had no shots on goal? Posting meaningless graphics does not help any discussion.

Use the evidence of your eyes during a game!

Last edited:
Or this...
DzrPnOxWkAAp1wL.jpg:large

Just goes to prove stats (rather like compilation videos) can be made to support any argument. The more prettily presented the better!

The Statsbomb graphic is meaningless as there is no indication of what the x axis represents. (1.2 what? bananas eaten?). Posting meaningless graphics does not help any discussion.

Use the evidence of your eyes during a game!

To be fair, my eyes during games tell me he's alot better than Lucas.

But that isn't going to convince you.

I love Coco, for all the reasons eloquently put by the various posters above. He has been so unfortunate with injuries and I think they have really taken their toll. But he still a handy player to have around, even if it's only to use as an impact sub or squad player. You can't buy the commitment to the cause he has in abundance.

Interesting that Lucas (who primarily is a wide player) has zero assists. I dont put too much credence into stats but that is one that sticks out.

Interesting that Lucas (who primarily is a wide player) has zero assists. I dont put too much credence into stats but that is one that sticks out.
Yeah I agree with that.

I've said before that his decision making needs to improve.
There's still time for that though.

It's shocking, no two ways about it.

To be fair, you can take away all of his league goals and we'd end up 2 point worse off. Take away Lamelas goals and we'd be 6 points worse off.

Will always be thankful though for that Barcelona equaliser. LIMBS.

I'd thought I'd rejoin the forum to make a change from COYS where I've been hanging out recently, and I must say I'm surprised to see Lamela's thread so high up. I thought it would have died a death like his Spurs career's doing.

It does seem the Lamela cult is coming to and end the same way the Isis cult is, with just a few rancid radicals hanging on in a little enclave.

Totti, honestly, you're looking like an absolute mug. You've doubled and tripled down on Lamela being (a) an amazing player and (b) better than Son, and you've lost, badly, and your credibility is bankrupt. I picked Son out as elite years ago and I'm glad he's showing that in spades now.

And I've sadly been proved right about Lamela. The guy's turned into Macbeth - "a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage then is heard no more". That's pretty much every Lamela start in recent months.

He's had a few good moments in his six years but overall he's been a poor signing that's taken a lot of money out of the club for what he's given back. He's survived on excuses - perpetually coming back from injury the usual one. He's also benefited from playing with good players. His assists and usually more to do with good finishes and his goals mostly from short range. He's been really shown up when we've had some of our better players missing of late.

He really needs to go in the Summer. He'll just be a road block for Marcus Edwards if he stays, who I've got high hopes for after following his games in Holland.

I'd thought I'd rejoin the forum to make a change from COYS where I've been hanging out recently, and I must say I'm surprised to see Lamela's thread so high up. I thought it would have died a death like his Spurs career's doing.

It does seem the Lamela cult is coming to and end the same way the Isis cult is, with just a few rancid radicals hanging on in a little enclave.

Totti, honestly, you're looking like an absolute mug. You've doubled and tripled down on Lamela being (a) an amazing player and (b) better than Son, and you've lost, badly, and your credibility is bankrupt. I picked Son out as elite years ago and I'm glad he's showing that in spades now.

And I've sadly been proved right about Lamela. The guy's turned into Macbeth - "a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage then is heard no more". That's pretty much every Lamela start in recent months.

He's had a few good moments in his six years but overall he's been a poor signing that's taken a lot of money out of the club for what he's given back. He's survived on excuses - perpetually coming back from injury the usual one. He's also benefited from playing with good players. His assists and usually more to do with good finishes and his goals mostly from short range. He's been really shown up when we've had some of our better players missing of late.

He really needs to go in the Summer. He'll just be a road block for Marcus Edwards if he stays, who I've got high hopes for after following his games in Holland.

Hope he scores a hattrick on Saturday, you fool!

Let's have a reminder of what a fucking moron you are, shall we?

I'm still right about this, but we're not a top 4 club anymore (absolutely no chance this season)

Back
Top Bottom