Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch has been making it count and we've come through some tricky matches, and very nervy periods.

Its totally obvious what the manager has done with regards to getting the best out of our players in his time here, and improving them, and I read a lot of stuff about how he's worked miracles with what he's got etc.

While thats a compliment to Poch, its a travesty to the players, and in my opinion its far more of a case of people constantly belittling and underestimating our squad and listening to the neuaseating media tripe all through summer and first half of the season about our rubbish squad.
Poch isnt Jesus....its quite simply Davies, Dier, Sissoko, Trippier, Aurier, Foyth, Sanchez etc are not as shit people say they are.

Even Llorente has stepped up, beyond my wildest expectations for one. Amazing what game time can do eh.....thats not a Poch miracle, simply forced into it and only goes to show what he wasted for a year and a half to be frank.

I said it two years ago, and I said it again this season. This is the second best squad in the country, and now the pundits and some of our own are finally cottoning on...37 injuries, no signings, Dembele sold yet somehow the "Spurs have no depth" mantra has been laid to rest.
Even a few questions asked about Liverpools depth....hold on...what? Didnt they show us how its done in the summer?

Remember this?
Benches at the weekend of our rivals with no injuries:

Utd
  • Bailly
  • Sánchez
  • Mata
  • Lukaku
  • Pereira
  • Romero
  • Darmian

Liverpool
  • Sturridge
  • Moreno
  • Lallana
  • Mignolet
  • Shaqiri
  • Origi
  • Camacho

Scum
  • Cech
  • Elneny
  • Özil
  • Maitland-Niles
  • Iwobi
  • Monreal
  • Mustafi

Chelsea
  • Barkley
  • Caballero
  • Giroud
  • Hudson-Odoi
  • Christensen
  • Emerson
  • Ampadu

City
  • Stones
  • Delph
  • Bernardo Silva
  • Silva
  • Gabriel Jesus
  • Foden
  • Muric

As Scott wont answer, I'll just put this out to show people what delusion we are dealing with here.
I put City in, even though they would have cover for most situations.....but not a situation like ours, as you can see by their bench and the fact they are starting with Otamendi.

Apparently, these other teams are all covered extremely well in the event they would be without their preferred three central midfielders as well as losing their stand in, and having to drop one of their playmakers into the middle alongside an academy graduate who missed last season through injury himself.

They would also be really well covered if their main striker, and two first choice AMs were injured/on international duty apparently.

From all those benches, ask yourselves who would improve us, and who would replace a fully fit Spurs bench, because depending on formation, that could be:
Gazzaniga, Lamela, Sanchez, Aurier, Rose, Winks, Moura

From Utd, you're talking Mata and Lukaku
Liverpool, Shaqiri
Scum, no one
Chelsea, no one
City, Bernado Silva, Jesus

What a laughable notion, that Liverpool are sorted if Mane, Salah, Milner, Fabinho, and Firminho are all missing
And that Chelsea would be fine with their immense cover if Hazard, Pedro, Kovacic, Kante and Willian were all out injured.

What a fucking load of wank

Remember people telling me Fabregas and Barkley were better options than Winks too.
Look at our season, and the players who have dug deep and got us there.

Relatively fully fit all season and with a home, Poch delivers the PL title. Had we stayed at WHL one more season, we'd have already won it. The summer will need a bit of re shuffling, but anyone writing off this squad (again) is fairly clueless to be honest.

So I saw an article this morning about United prepared to pay the fee required to get Pochettino, and it did make me wonder why managers tend to be a lot cheaper than players.

The Express claim £34m as the fee (and I know the article is going to be bollocks), but if we take that at face value, that seems extremely cheap for someone so integral to our club, considering that your top players are going for £100m+ in todays markets.

So I saw an article this morning about United prepared to pay the fee required to get Pochettino, and it did make me wonder why managers tend to be a lot cheaper than players.

The Express claim £34m as the fee (and I know the article is going to be bollocks), but if we take that at face value, that seems extremely cheap for someone so integral to our club, considering that your top players are going for £100m+ in todays markets.
they are just trying to equate what he is supposed to earn if he stays his entire contract. Subtract time used up of it and then go "Well. That's all United has to pay. Spurs can't say no".

Spurs can't say no"
Yes we can. Offering to pay up someones existing contract doesn't make it law that we have to agree. We could ask for a compensation fee of whichever amount we deem appropriate. We could for instance say pay up Poch's and his coaching staff's contracts and give us 50 mill on top or fuck off. I know not likely in the real world but the power is in our hands.

Yes we can. Offering to pay up someones existing contract doesn't make it law that we have to agree. We could ask for a compensation fee of whichever amount we deem appropriate. We could for instance say pay up Poch's and his coaching staff's contracts and give us 50 mill on top or fuck off. I know not likely in the real world but the power is in our hands.
you know that. I know that. The media ignores that

Never could understand the whole manager thing....
Gets fired = gets paid a shit ton of money.
Resigns = gets no money, but gets to take up a new job wherever he wants with immediate effect, with the victim club getting some compensation in the process, but never enough money to compensate for the trouble it causes.
I’d like to see a club being given more protection on this, Currently if a manager has, let’s say 2 years remaining on his contract with his current club but then decides he wants to manage “FC whoever the fuck they are” he can simply resign and take up his new position, with some tribunal deciding on compensation for the agreeved club...bollocks to that I say.
If a manager resigns he should not be allowed to manage another club until his contract would have expired with his current club PERIOD!!......Unless the two clubs can agree on compensation, ie; if ”Manager” had two years left on his contract but Barcelona wanted him and ”Manager” wanted to go to Barca, then, and only then, if the two clubs agreed a “transfer fee” would “manager” be allowed to start working with Barca.....

Never could understand the whole manager thing....
Gets fired = gets paid a shit ton of money.
Resigns = gets no money, but gets to take up a new job wherever he wants with immediate effect, with the victim club getting some compensation in the process, but never enough money to compensate for the trouble it causes.
I’d like to see a club being given more protection on this, Currently if a manager has, let’s say 2 years remaining on his contract with his current club but then decides he wants to manage “FC whoever the fuck they are” he can simply resign and take up his new position, with some tribunal deciding on compensation for the agreeved club...bollocks to that I say.
If a manager resigns he should not be allowed to manage another club until his contract would have expired with his current club PERIOD!!......Unless the two clubs can agree on compensation, ie; if ”Manager” had two years left on his contract but Barcelona wanted him and ”Manager” wanted to go to Barca, then, and only then, if the two clubs agreed a “transfer fee” would “manager” be allowed to start working with Barca.....
You can't just resign and start working for another club. Resigning doesn't nullify a contract, you would be in breach of contract as would your new employers if they have knowledge of said contract.

Ole seems to be doing pretty good so far, I don't know why United fans are still dying to get Poch
we have something nice and fancy that they do not have so of course they want it. Especially since he shares some characteristics with st Fergy.

But right now it is definitely split down the middle. A large part of the fanbase wants them to run with Ole since he is a legitimate link to the old United.

we have something nice and fancy that they do not have so of course they want it. Especially since he shares some characteristics with st Fergy.

But right now it is definitely split down the middle. A large part of the fanbase wants them to run with Ole since he is a legitimate link to the old United.

It’s the painful realisation for them that it’s not 2008 anymore, and Tottenham are a more attractive option right now.

20 times 20 times.....whatever, SAF is long gone and they are just another Woolwich/Chelsea

Olly murus could do a decent job at United.

Most players clearly wanted Jose gone, now he has they can play out of their skin proving it was him not us. When that wears off (and it will) the manager will then have to prove his worth.

I give it a month then things will start to fail (again)

Back
Top Bottom