Tottenham Hotspur v Borussia Dortmund, Champions League - Last 16 - First Leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

51814852_10157173264979669_494272515825205248_n.jpg
I guess this is FINALLY the plus side of having SO many ex-Gooners in the media, JUST coinciding with our reversal of fortunes... LOTS of back tracking by them now... didn't Lee Dixon also have to prise whatever was stuck in his craw midweek to 'stoop' to praise us??

Even Martin Keown is coming round to the idea that he didn't account for going into a profession in a time where he might actually have to COMMENT on Spurs being any good!

Funny funny funny!

Edit: The cock suggesting he will cut everyone's throats. They are scum. Shove their plastic flags...

Just goes to show you... they DIDN'T spend the entire 90 minutes bouncing up and down, swaying left and right, and only singing what the guy with the megaphone told them to, and when!!

From my 'vantage point' up the other end, I didn't see ANY of this bit... don't seem so 'good natured' noiw, do they?

Hard not to like Wrighty, impossible to like goons

Ian Wright is a good egg.

I imagine most people have seen it, but there's the video on Youtube of him being reunited with an old school teacher, one that helped him a great deal when he was at risk of abandonment. When he sees him, he immediately removes his hat. It's an extremely touching moment, that demonstrates how much respect he has for him and how grateful he is for everything he's done.

He then cries.

Like a big massive Gooner pussy.

I imagine most people have seen it, but there's the video on Youtube of him being reunited with an old school teacher, one that helped him a great deal when he was at risk of abandonment. When he sees him, he immediately removes his hat. It's an extremely touching moment, that demonstrates how much respect he has for him and how grateful he is for everything he's done.

He then cries.

He then cries.

Think he cries because he believed that the teacher was in fact dead because that is what he'd been told many years before.

The stewards need to be on the other side of the divide, with the away fans. Fucking idiots.

Odd there wasn't a row of them that side also I agree but to be honest those Dortmund fans are pretty restrained. Most of them there to support the team and sensible enough to know that starting something inside a football stadium at Wembley leads to only one thing. The one fella who looks quite aggrieved has basically had a whole pint (of something) land on him just prior to that kicking off I think.
If that had of been some more nutty supporters (perhaps some of the mental Greeks or Turks who travel in numbers with no fucks given) that would have been a different story

The stewards need to be on the other side of the divide, with the away fans. Fucking idiots.
exactly-literally anything happens away in europe and we get battered for it - see Barca, Dortmund and Sevilla matches away of perfect examples of heavyhandedness over fuck all. Happens all the time, the FA and our club reps simply have to do more to protect our amazing away support.

Absolutely nothing against Ian Wright. Always very fair in his media appearances, and pretty much all the time when he was on Talksport Drivetime despite Durham trying to stoke the flames. He wanted Shaun Wright-Phillips to move to us back in the day simply because he thought it would be a good fit for his development. He clearly loves his club and obviously supports them with a passion - nothing wrong with that.

I'd buy a pint of lager for Wright and a pint of piss for Campbell.

Haha Dortmund shit it apart from one bloke in the black jacket.....
Pathetic they can get away with that while the police just watch.

Cunt off the ref too aggressively away and the old bill are steaming in with batons

Absolutely nothing against Ian Wright. Always very fair in his media appearances, and pretty much all the time when he was on Talksport Drivetime despite Durham trying to stoke the flames. He wanted Shaun Wright-Phillips to move to us back in the day simply because he thought it would be a good fit for his development. He clearly loves his club and obviously supports them with a passion - nothing wrong with that.

I'd buy a pint of lager for Wright and a pint of piss for Campbell.

You’re being generous with the piss, mate :bmj:

I know a lot of y’all hate me for my negative posts. They are pessimistic. But they’re accurate. Levy is a cunt.

But... what I’ve been saying for the last year (Sotto) is that Vertonghen is a legend. A club legend. Sensational performance sensational player. He incapconates our team over the last 5 years

#legend

"Hatred" probably comes from the inability to state a positive without at least sneaking in a dig somewhere.

I guess this is FINALLY the plus side of having SO many ex-Gooners in the media, JUST coinciding with our reversal of fortunes... LOTS of back tracking by them now... didn't Lee Dixon also have to prise whatever was stuck in his craw midweek to 'stoop' to praise us??

Even Martin Keown is coming round to the idea that he didn't account for going into a profession in a time where he might actually have to COMMENT on Spurs being any good!

Funny funny funny!

Nailed it. .. These fucks aren't being genuinely complementary. First chance they get they'll have a dig.

..We saw that when "good ol Wrighty" threw Kane under the bus when England got knocked out of the WC.

Their reluctantly kind words mean nothing to me.... Even if they are kind to old ladies.

Funny funny funny!
Lee Dixon would rather have his own balls served to him on a platter than admit that Spurs are slowly becoming a major player in Europe and England. Nearly threw himself out of the announcer's box rather than discuss Spurs being in the title race.

Drums were a drone but at least its a European culture....personally, I think the home support by and large in the PL is toilet. No big home team sings when they are losing, and barely when its level, so however contrived the Dortmund fans were, Im not going to cunt off a fan base that makes a noise for 90 minutes regardless of whats going on on the pitch.

I think its a bit of a shame that no matter what team you play against outside of the Britain, bar Barca and Real, our Euro away fans (our loudest element) are barely heard because these clubs try and make their homes a cauldron of support

Give me Basle, Dortmund, Malmo over the Etihad, Anfield, Emirates and Goodison every day of the fucking week personally, and minus the ultra thing, I hope NWHL is also more like European grounds.
At least Palace and Huddersfield etc tried to do something about it.
They're often not heard because in Europe away fans are shoved up into the gods miles away from the home fans, no banter, no interaction, it's the worst element of European footy for me, at least in the UK away fans are seen and heard and get a decent view.
We were loud in Dortmund last season, really loud. And Barcelona and Madrid you could hear us because there were Spurs fans below the away end and dotted around the ground.

Back
Top Bottom