Tottenham Hotspur v Borussia Dortmund, Champions League - Last 16 - First Leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just realised that 2 of the 3 teams that rely on clappers for atmosphere are getting relagated this season. Still, quite happy for Leicester to stay up, an easy 6 points every season.

The dont seem to like TFC on Foxes Talk (shit). Apparently one of them could beat up every single person on here. :dembelelol:.

Fighting cocks are obsessed with us. even started quoting me , they ned to get a life I would wreck every one of them if they where ever brave enough to try to back it up!

Don't they actually have any real rivals?

Who the fuck is ned?
Was the tosser at Wembley last week offering everyone out then? No, didn't think so
:dembelefingers:

I just realised that 2 of the 3 teams that rely on clappers for atmosphere are getting relagated this season. Still, quite happy for Leicester to stay up, an easy 6 points every season.

The dont seem to like TFC on Foxes Talk (shit). Apparently one of them could beat up every single person on here. :dembelelol:.

Fighting cocks are obsessed with us. even started quoting me , they ned to get a life I would wreck every one of them if they where ever brave enough to try to back it up!

Don't they actually have any real rivals?

Who the fuck is ned?

tumblr_mre57beucX1r3s5n0o1_1280.png

The chants need to be easy and understandable to get the whole stadium going. I've seen it sometimes in Germany where the Ultras have some kind of "in song" which nobody who isn't closely involved knows the lyrics too. They then start singing that and the rest of the block which has been joining in previously goes silent. The impression I get is that those guys see it as a badge of honour, that they are the only ones who know the song. They make it all about themselves rather than the club they are supporting. Similar to what you saw yesterday, where the noise has no relation to what is actually happening on the pitch. They aren't as interested in that, as they are in showing how great they are as a fan base.
For me it really, really gets on my tits when we are losing, it genuinely winds me up, it becomes some kind of Chinese water torture.

Atmosphere should be generated by either hatred/banter towards the away fans or in conjunction with the pattern of play on the pitch.

Coordinated chants with no bearing on who you are playing or the fluctuations of the match are extremely boring.
British clubs that use drums & club provided flags & banners are (rightly) looked down upon. When it is a foreign club eveyone gushes over it.

The double standards piss me off as well. Foreign clubs climb the railings, light flares etc etc & the media love it. UK fans do it.....life time ban.
So true...
My mate and I were looking across at them last night, and it dawned on us that they looked like what Watford are trying to be... the colour scheme helps of course...
Problem is, when you're from suburban Hertfordshire, it doesn't quite have the same impact!
I'm glad they didn't score, as we were saved the flares...

And yes, they didn't seem to notice when they went 1...2.... 3-0 down, as they seemed oblivious to what was going on during the game.

One thing to be said for them... at least they stayed till the end... more than plenty of Spurs fans did!

IMAGINE the empty seats on 90 mins if WE were 0-3 down??

Unfortunately I think those two songs are the only ones that everyone joins in with. So for TV viewers it makes our repertoire sound very limited when in reality it is actually pretty decent.
I can't get over how the vocal backing of the team and general atmosphere at Wembley has dropped off by such a degree from last season. Was it really only a year ago that the roof was practically blown away by the noise and fervour from a rejoicing crowd against Dortmund, Madrid and Juventus? And when the home support does get vocal, the repertoire is limited to the two songs you mentioned. Even the basic fare such as Glory Glory, Oh when the Spurs go marching in, We love you Tottenham, We are Tottenham from the Lane etc rarely get a run-out, or are inaudible.

Unfortunately I think those two songs are the only ones that everyone joins in with. So for TV viewers it makes our repertoire sound very limited when in reality it is actually pretty decent.
Park Lane/Shelf Side has generally come through well in the past few seasons (and is a tongue-in-cheek riot at Wembley), Kane's song comes through strong, Dele's usually a bit lower but usually audible, and Everywhere We Go generally hovers just on the cusp and can be made out if you know what you're listening to.. It's a real tragedy that Son's rarely is loud enough when sang, given what he means to the club. It'd be nice to raise the decibels on Glory, Glory which tends to fall flat after the first verse, and get some more participation in We Love You Tottenham.

Also, fucking criminal that Can't Smile Without You doesn't get sung full throated much more often...particularly when we're smashing some wee little German cunts on a European night.

Dortmund - all a bit Palace for me.
Yep a bit Fathers 4 Justice isn't it. Imagine them doing some sort of protest on the roof.
I was in a pub in the city before - not really a football pub at all but 2 Dortmund fans in there. One in his own knackered denim jacket that he'd sown endless BVB badges onto. The other literally decked out in chav tracksuit style but completely yellow from head to toe. German style hey.

Son is prolific, Sissoko is assured, Winks is transcendent, Verts is a superhero. This is the world we live in and don't listen to anything to the contrary.

As a supporter of this club, so often you hear us counted out that your mind almost expects the narrative to eventually head down that road. The players don't hear it. They are different this season and there is something in the air. These players are imploring us to believe in them. And I do.

Son is prolific, Sissoko is assured, Winks is transcendent, Verts is a superhero. This is the world we live in and don't listen to anything to the contrary.

As a supporter of this club, so often you hear us counted out that your mind almost expects the narrative to eventually head down that road. The players don't hear it. They are different this season and there is something in the air. These players are imploring us to believe in them. And I do.

I like the cut of your jib.

Back
Top Bottom