Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's surreal. I watched MotD 2 last night, and their discussion over the Son penalty claim was just... odd... it's as if they were watching a different video to the one being shown.

Talking about Son throwing his right leg out to get caught by Maguire (which didn't appear to be the case to me) with absolutely no analysis over Leicester's penalty award - the latter being inexcusable when you have an entire programme focussed on only two matches.

Regardless of that, we all know that the "you either give the penalty or book the player for diving" rule is never followed properly so to drag out some stat that we have had 4 yellows in such a manner is rather meaningless. How many times have we seen a penalty appeal merely waved away by the referee with no card given? Oliver deciding to play the cunt against us was just par for the course yesterday.

Salah diving, getting a penalty, and therefore not getting a yellow card (while he actually deserved one) has happened a darn sight more frequently than our so called 'dives'.

The media are wankers, Tories are wankers, Trump supporters are wankers, the world is full of wankers

Fuck em.

April 2017 vs Woolwich.....33 home games ago

In the last two seasons we are the only PL team not to have a penalty at home, including all those who have been promoted or relegated

Palace - 10
Brighton - 9
City, Everton, Utd - 7
Woolwich, Leicester - 6

Wow that is actually remarkable. I wonder if it's because of how we play, the lack of trickery like others have in the for, of Zaha etc or something deeper than that. Either way amazing stat thanks for sharing
Leftfield theory on this...

Could it be Wembley being a bit soulless/the atmosphere is subdued which is putting less pressure on a referee to give us the penalty decision?

You can imagine the new South Stand going bananas and giving that little extra mental push to get the referee to give it.
:pochohshit:

April 2017 vs Woolwich.....33 home games ago

In the last two seasons we are the only PL team not to have a penalty at home, including all those who have been promoted or relegated

Palace - 10
Brighton - 9
City, Everton, Utd - 7
Woolwich, Leicester - 6
I assume Salah has 11 but I can't be arsed to look it up.

Could it be Wembley being a bit soulless/the atmosphere is subdued which is putting less pressure on a referee to give us the penalty decision?

You can imagine the new South Stand going bananas and giving that little extra mental push to get the referee to give it.
First match in the new ground, 3 penalties awarded attacking the South Stand. Kane penalty hat trick.

Pump it into my veins.

A Swedish journo named Frida Fagerlund touched on another interesting factor. One our side, was Son. A great player but very underrated by anyone that isn't Spurs for some daft reason. On the Leicester side Harry "slabhead" McGuire. Nailed down CB for England and by some even talked about as a possible part of the captain's lineup for England. Combine that with the seeming anti-Tottenham bias from some parts of the media and who do you think Oliver is going to be inclined to side with?

In the history of football...

PSG, City, the Chavs really?

I mean some far more historic sides not on that list. AC Milan, Ajax or even Celtic, which are more historical than PSG, City, Chavs and Woolwich.

It's surreal. I watched MotD 2 last night, and their discussion over the Son penalty claim was just... odd... it's as if they were watching a different video to the one being shown.

Talking about Son throwing his right leg out to get caught by Maguire (which didn't appear to be the case to me) with absolutely no analysis over Leicester's penalty award - the latter being inexcusable when you have an entire programme focussed on only two matches.

Regardless of that, we all know that the "you either give the penalty or book the player for diving" rule is never followed properly so to drag out some stat that we have had 4 yellows in such a manner is rather meaningless. How many times have we seen a penalty appeal merely waved away by the referee with no card given? Oliver deciding to play the cunt against us was just par for the course yesterday.

Salah diving, getting a penalty, and therefore not getting a yellow card (while he actually deserved one) has happened a darn sight more frequently than our so called 'dives'.

TBF, I did notice that. Not saying he dived. there was contact but being honest if it was Salah yesterday would we all be crying foul on his behalf? Honestly?! No

I mean some far more historic sides not on that list. AC Milan, Ajax or even Celtic, which are more historical than PSG, City, Chavs and Woolwich.

AC Milan has won 7 Serie A titles since Liverpool last won England's first division. They have also won a CL, Super Cup in Europe too. PSG and City are odd inclusions too for their lack of European silverware.
Without knowing the criteria I can understand why chavs are there seeing as they have won many a domestic trophy and Europa and CL recently, historically, of course, it's fuck all, then my guess is seeing it's a French publication they would have to delete history in order to include PSG.

TBF, I did notice that. Not saying he dived. there was contact but being honest if it was Salah yesterday would we all be crying foul on his behalf? Honestly?! No

Strangely inverted take there....

If Salah....

Would the pen have been given?

Would he have been universally lambasted after?

Sonny: "Seem 'em given" as the cliche goes....

AC Milan and Inter should be in that top 10, Ajax too.

Get Woolwich, Citeh and PSG out of it. Hate the fuckers but Chavs have won enough European trophies to be part of that list.

AC Milan and Inter should be in that top 10, Ajax too.

Get Woolwich, Citeh and PSG out of it. Hate the fuckers but Chavs have won enough European trophies to be part of that list.

Not more than Milan, who have pedigree in European competition. Same goes for Ajax, Benfica even Nottingham Forest.

Fucking racists I reckon.
How could Honest Harry the lumphead possibly commit a foul. Has to be that dirty cheating Korean from Spurs.
Am still fucking seething at that chinless fucker Oliver tonight.

Back
Top Bottom