Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City - 10th Feb - 1.30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I couldn't quite believe my ears when JJ went to a straight 'dive' comment when this incident was brought up, as I was expecting him to back Sonny 100%. Even Alan Smith on Sky commented when reviewing the incident said that Sonny was unfortunate to be booked and 'the more you look at it, the more he seems to have a case' (that it was a penalty). What made it even worse was how he had no problem with the incredibly soft Maddison pen. Jenas dead to me now.

Yes clearly fancies himself as a pundit and doesn’t want to upset anyone
He also couldn’t wait to say how much better than us Leicester were
Wanker

Ha ha.... I notice that, just to be different, ex-ref Mark Cunttenburg has been quoted in the Mail as saying BOTH penalty appeals were based on dives and both Son and Maddison should have been booked. What a dildo.

Ha ha.... I notice that, just to be different, ex-ref Mark Cunttenburg has been quoted in the Mail as saying BOTH penalty appeals were based on dives and both Son and Maddison should have been booked. What a dildo.

Is he still earning his cash in Saudi?

Yes clearly fancies himself as a pundit and doesn’t want to upset anyone
He also couldn’t wait to say how much better than us Leicester were
Wanker

Jenas was a total softcock on Motd2. Not sure if he’s trying to demonstrate how objective he is, but he was talking fucking bollocks.

Mason is officially our man in the media.

Jenas was a total softcock on Motd2. Not sure if he’s trying to demonstrate how objective he is, but he was talking fucking bollocks.

Often seen defending us against lower profile figures, yet cowers in the presence of 'big names' like Lineker & Shearer...

This!!!

I can understand some of why Son didn’t get it and got booked. He kind of dangles his right foot outwards to “hang on” to Maguire’s leg as Maguire moves it away.

It was one of those that legitimately could have been given because there was a very light “foul” on him, which he then emphasised/exaggerated.

More outrageous was the penalty Oliver didn’t give Son against Liverpool. That was a 100% stoner.

Their penalty seemed more like Maddison falling into Vertonghen.

I really wish they’d completely re-think penalties. Instead of being awarded just because a player gets fouled in the area, regardless if they are in a position to score or create a clear goal scoring chance, they should make penalties for anywhere in the attacking half where a foul/hb prevents a clear chance (including the clear assist of one) and just have direct free kick for non threatening fouls inside the box.

It’s daft that a player clean through on goal gets fouled 6 inches outside the box is rewarded/punished less than a player tripped going the opposite direction 6 inches inside the box down toward the corner flag

What made it even worse was how he had no problem with the incredibly soft Maddison pen. Jenas dead to me now.

Seriously incredibly soft doesn't even cover it, it was an absolute nonsense decision. anyone who thinks that was even remotely a hint of a foul needs to book an appointment with specsavers.

As for Leicester, what a shower of shit they are.. We’re 28 points above them and we’ve played every game away from home.
They aren’t even in the running for that prestigious 7th place trophy :dembelelol:

Another 6 points off them which is pretty much the norm. Mind you that’s nothing to be proud of, Newport schooled them :dembelelol:
This really does remind me how irritating it is to fall short in the league against a team like Leicester riding an unbelievable wave of form.

Same as Chelsea two years ago. They blow hold and cold like nobody's business these last few seasons, but still decided to turn it on for 38 games to beat us to the title. Meanwhile, we're consistent but get nothing for it (yet).

To give Leicester some credit though, they've been impressive against the top 6 this year. Being horribly inconsistent against the dross that makes up the rest of the league has been their downfall.

Jermaine Jenas is a traitor to state Son dived despite replay showing contact by Macguire and MOTD2 failed to analyse Leicester's 'joke' penalty.

On Saturday MOTD didn't show Kocielny's clear handball and him feigning the ball hit him in the groin and then acting, proof it was deliberate.

...so a "target man" clumsily chests the ball back to the opposition?
...got it - thanks...
;)
COYS
quite often when they are being fouled from behind by defenders trying to prevent them from doing their job.
Don't mention it - but don't worry, if you watch the game long enough, you might be able to work stuff out for yourself. Particularly if you play the game and get to be reasonably good at it.

Tomorrow we can do basic defence.
Lesson one. Learning how to spell the word correctly.

Yea was strange on MOTD yesterday maybe he did look for the contact but there was contact and Maguire didn't get the ball so it can't be a dive.

When that cunt Salah does it it's called clever play we do it and it's a dive, typical BBC tbf
Maybe I am the only one, but it looks like Son tries to move his foot towards the leg therefore trying to con the ref. I probably would not say it was a yellow, but it was not a penalty. He did dive earlier in the game though so maybe the ref was remembering that.

Jermaine Jenas is a traitor to state Son dived despite replay showing contact by Macguire and MOTD2 failed to analyse Leicester's 'joke' penalty.

On Saturday MOTD didn't show Kocielny's clear handball and him feigning the ball hit him in the groin and then acting, proof it was deliberate.
OH NO EVERYONE HATES US. It must be so difficult being a spurs fan. I can't believe a pundit would disagree with a biased opinion.

Maybe I am the only one, but it looks like Son tries to move his foot towards the leg therefore trying to con the ref. I probably would not say it was a yellow, but it was not a penalty. He did dive earlier in the game though so maybe the ref was remembering that.

OH NO EVERYONE HATES US. It must be so difficult being a spurs fan. I can't believe a pundit would disagree with a biased opinion.

Raiders<<<<< Gooner alert!!

I have always thought a Captain in goal is not a good idea when dealing with Refs like Yesterday. The Captain does have "special" allowance to get in the Refs ear and ask for a reason about certain decisions. Lots of teams can be seen doing this and as long as the Captain isn't a dick about it, can be done in such a way not to piss off the Ref, but to also make them very aware of the "one-sided" situation. A Keeper can do this to some degree, but he isn't going to sprint 70 yards out of his goal to ask the question each time - not sure Hugo has that sort of Character anyway.
See Harry doing it occasionally, but really needs the armband to do it with any authority.
We do have an outfield player that does this, always and without fail, when Kane's on the field it's always him, it's accepted by the refs too. On Sunday that player was Eriksen.

Mark Halsey said it was a penalty and the madison one probably wasn't

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom