Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Beano is reporting that Sonny is the fourth Tottenham player to 'be booked for diving'. Fucks sake, it was a blatant penalty. No such article on salad or sterling..............

The BBC motd was an absolute disgrace we won 3-1 and they didnt even mention us , plucky leicester FUCK OFF , Alan Smith on Sky proper fucking bias and as for that lanky streak of piss referee what a CUNT

Fucking media can do one....
We absolutely battered Utd in every aspect of football but the putting it in the net part and that is a fucking masterclass by them?! Yes masterful indeed letting us have 10 clear chances to score.
But yet when the tables are turned, it's no masterclass by Tottenham or heroics by Lloris, it's evil, lucky, shitcunt Tottenham have the audacity to win a match while not playing total football.
It's repugnant as fuck, I hate everything about football pretty much now.
Only my love for Tottenham will never stop, the rest of it though is pure unfiltered corrupt bullshit.
That is SO true it's almost embarrassing...

Don't forget, de Gea got his gloves and boots FRAMED after that game... that tells you something about the sheer achievement he felt at 'keeping us out' ...

I wonder what Lloris did with his gloves after 'doing his job' yesterday?
:llorishowudoin:

...and for what it's worth, I thought the 'official' football cliché opinion was that winning whilst playing badly was the hallmark of Champions??
Not when we do it apparently, it's a lesson in lucking out and not getting what we deserved!

The BBC motd was an absolute disgrace we won 3-1 and they didnt even mention us , plucky leicester FUCK OFF , Alan Smith on Sky proper fucking bias and as for that lanky streak of piss referee what a CUNT

Anyone know who the other 3 were and what game these occurred in?

PS, nothing will ever beat Woolwich having 3 players booked for diving in the same game this season. Against Burnley at home I believe it was

Oliver isn't even good at pretending he's not on the take.

Worst ref performance I can remember since Friend when we were away to Stoke. What a piece of shit.

Oliver has traditionally been quite decent for us - especially in the games against "Top 6" sides where mugs like Clattenburg or Webb would have given everything to keep the old hegemony. Now, that's a couple of games for Oliver this season that he's been pretty poor in our view - but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt based on the last 4 or 5 years where he's been solid.

I'm sure Chris Sutton did something very unsporting years ago, at the time I remember it verging on cheating.
Sure it was something to do with not giving the ball back after a kick our for an injured player. Pretty sure they scored from it as well.
Just found the details. Forget what i said, Chris Sutton is alright in my eyes.:harrylol:

Woolwich (1) 1 - 1 (0) Blackburn Rovers

Highbury, Saturday 19th April 1997
FA Carling Premiership

scorers:
Platt Flitcroft

Woolwich:
Seaman
Winterburn Adams Keown Bould Dixon
Platt Vieira Hughes (Parlour)
Wright Bergkamp

A sickening day at Highbury as Blackburn came to spoil our party and did so in shameful style. I won't knock them for coming with the aggressive tactics they did: their players clearly aren't that good so you do what you have to. But the manner of their equaliser left all of us with a very familiar and nasty taste in our mouths.

Tim Sherwood, supposed Woolwich supporter and one-time target, showed the way with an awful challenge in the first few minutes which earned him a booking. A few times after that in the first half he was lucky to stay on the pitch, but in particular just before half-time he caught Stephen Hughes badly and must have been extremely relieved when the referee failed to show the card.

Then, around the 90 minute mark, he felled Hughes again and play went on for a while as our man writhed on the ground calling for assistance. Eventually Vieira got ahold of the ball and played it out to let the stretcher on to carry Hughes off. Parlour came on to replace him. Then, after a lengthy stoppage, Blackburn threw the ball back to Woolwich to continue the game. Except they didn't.

The ball was thrown towards Winterburn (and it's quite possible that the thrower thought he *was* giving it back to us). But Nigel had to turn back to collect it, and already Chris Sutton was on his back. He chased our fullback into the corner where Winterburn waited till he was pushed in the back whereupon the referee gave a corner. Flitcroft met the corner at the edge of the box to put it over the defence. A well taken goal it must be admitted, and perhaps Blackburn might feel they deserved something from the game after rallying in the second half. However...

It was bad enough when Tottenham came earlier in the season and did the same thing. Then we rubbed their faces in it with two superb late goals. This time however it was all too late and although we nearly did grab the winner afterwards it coiuld just as easily have been won by Blackburn in the extended period of injury time.

Woolwich had been completely dominant in the first half. Platt scored the goal following in after a Keown header from Bergkamp's cross had come back off the post. The other chance particularly deserving of mention was a fantastic unexpected shot from Bergkamp which was heading just inside the top corner till Flowers pulled off a great save.

Their was a lot of niggling right from the start. Wright and Berg were all pver each other and often ended up in a heap together. Wright was in playful mood, tickling Flowers in the box, shadowing and hugging Berg all over the place. But it didn't look particularly friendly, especially the few times Wrighty appeared to kick out at Berg. Berg got Wright booked in the end, after an incident where Berg appeared to be the one holding on to Wright he jumped up and started complaining to the ref whereupon the card came out. The referee had had words with Wright earlier so perhaps he was asking for it a bit.

In the second half Blackburn were much better and caused us problems, but without ever really worrying Seaman until the goal. Woolwich should have made the game safe earlier with the dominance we had. We created far more clear-cut chances. One in each half fell to Winterburn (a perfect long diagonal ball from Vieira creating the first) but both times his left footed shot was straight at the keeper. Mn Utd would have been home and dry by the end, leaving the conroversial goal as a mere annoyance. So the equaliser, which came from what to all intents and purposes was blatant cheating on Sutton's part, has to be seen in that context. But it is a very sad day when the title is effectively won because of an incident like this.

I'd never seen it happen before the Tottenham game and now it's been twice in one season. While at Highbury this season we have seen the good face of sportmanship in Robbie Fowler and his penalty denial, it's sad that what will stick in the memories of Woolwich fans is the disgraceful behaviour of specific Tottenham and Blackburn players. We always hated Tottenham, but I have a feeling that matches between Blackburn and Woolwich will never be the same again.

Man Utd beat Liverpool 3-1 this morning which together with our draw makes them hot faves (Ladbrokes have closed the book). But we have to keep fighting to hang onto second place and the chance to beat ManU in the Champions cup next season. At the moment we're just above Liverpool on goal difference. Games coming up against Coventry (still not safe from the drop) and Newcastle (still with an eye on second place) will not be easy.

I hope things didn't turn too nasty afterwards. You can't expect the supporters to come down to London from Lancashire and then not celebrate a last minute equaliser at Highbury, regardless of the circumstances. But if Chris Sutton's career is finished with a painful injury in the near future I for one would be only too happy. As the players were going in for that Blackburn corner Vieira made a bee-line for Sutton and shoved him for which he got a yellow card. But Sutton also got a card at the same time and I couldn't see why. It'll be very interesting to find out.

Just realised Oliver was the ref in the first leg of the cup semi final in which he wasn't going to give us another blatant penalty until VAR.

Wasn't he also the ref that didn't give us a last minute penalty when Son got tripped in the final seconds of our match Vs Liverpool at Wembley earlier this year?

He was yeah.

Did give us a pen away at Burnley last year though, so who knows? Linesman in Liverpool and Chelsea games should have done his job for him.

He was yeah.

Did give us a pen away at Burnley last year though, so who knows? Linesman in Liverpool and Chelsea games should have done his job for him.

According to comms yesterday we haven't had a home league pen since 2017.:lamelashock:

He was yeah.

I know VAR has it set issues but it's things like this that mean it's an absolute must for the future of football. There's too much money and tribalism going on in the game for decisions like these to be left in the hand of a single persons opinion, an opinion that can easily be swayed by bias, hidden agendas or bribery.

Not saying he was bribed or anything but do you honestly think if a ref was offered £1m for a relegation survival game that would see a club go from being Park Lane to Brick Lane if they won/ lost he wouldn't get tempted? Too many risk factors involved with Premier League money these days to leave things in the hands of someone basing all of his decisions on opinion

According to comms yesterday we haven't had a home league pen since 2017.:lamelashock:

April 2017 vs Woolwich.....33 home games ago

In the last two seasons we are the only PL team not to have a penalty at home, including all those who have been promoted or relegated

Palace - 10
Brighton - 9
City, Everton, Utd - 7
Woolwich, Leicester - 6

Back
Top Bottom