Tottenham Hotspur v Borussia Dortmund, Champions League - Last 16 - First Leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Their form has really gone off the boil for the last couple of weeks. Obviously still a quality side, but it looks like they're quite open with all their recent opponents registering 12+ shots.

If there left winger is half decent Trippier better be well protected.

We should have been punished so many times yesterday. Any scout watching that game would have been amazed how bad he is right now.

Son 8 goals in 10 matches against Dortmund. And with his current form, he will be heavily marked. Need second option with Moura and Lamela.
They've changed their style this season so he might not get as much joy against them as he used to.

Son 8 goals in 10 matches against Dortmund. And with his current form, he will be heavily marked. Need second option with Moura and Lamela.

A scrappy little 1-0 win by hook or by crook and I'd be delighted. Give the boys a few days away in the sun with their partners etc to take their minds off of things and then back at Hotspur way a week before we play Burnley with 3 months of pure focus on going for the title.

Such a shame we haven't got Harry & Del for this one but if we fill up Wembley & give the boys a push we'll have a chance

If there left winger is half decent Trippier better be well protected.

We should have been punished so many times yesterday. Any scout watching that game would have been amazed how bad he is right now.
Sancho can play either wing, he will take Trip to the cleaners, Sissoko will have to double up.
Man U and Leicester have both played the same against us with wide players staying very wide and getting behind our full backs. If Sancho gets the opportunities that Harvey Barnes got we will be out. I’m sure Poch will be aware and change things a bit.

They've changed their style this season so he might not get as much joy against them as he used to.

So, no more suicidally high line then?

What can we expect?

....We better off sitting or pressing?

_____ Toby / Dav / Jan _____
KWP / Sissoko / Winks / Rose
___ Lucas / Son / Eriksen ___

A scrappy little 1-0 win by hook or by crook and I'd be delighted. Give the boys a few days away in the sun with their partners etc to take their minds off of things and then back at Hotspur way a week before we play Burnley with 3 months of pure focus on going for the title.

Such a shame we haven't got Harry & Del for this one but if we fill up Wembley & give the boys a push we'll have a chance

Still lots of tickets available in the gods, in fact there's a lot of blocks that haven't even gone on sale fully yet.
Looks like Dortmund might have returned some tickets too as it seems there's a stripe become available next to the away section.
It's definitely not going to sell out, but the bottom tier and club Wembley will be pretty full.

This is likely to be a good contest, quite open. I expect both teams will score.

I agree with this, and given the away goal rule, it makes me a little nervous that even a draw Wednesday, if they score a goal or two, will load up the pressure on us for the second leg in Dortmund. But I still like our chances.

Need to make the most of our home advantage in this. Need to learn our lesson from the carabao Cup legs.

Thinking we need a 2 goal cushion to take to their place, but would take 1 goal if we keep a clean sheet .

Midfield battle will be huge. Whoever controls it will probably win.

Lloris
KWP Toby Jan Rose
Sissoko Winks
Eriksen
Moura Llorente Son

In a mind to play wanyama but think going for it at home is more important. Having seen them play Saturday, wouldn't be disappointed if we played long ball to Llorente

Back
Top Bottom