Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City - 10th Feb - 1.30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep, top shithousery there. Tripps also offered Steptoe some 'encouragement' before the pen kick.

:parker:

Without becoming a group of wankers that crowd the ref we showed part of what is needed to win. It's an integral part of the game, like whispering in a players ear all match trying to wind them up. I expect Poch is happy for this part of the game to take place. I would rather we didn't have to do this but I thought "good on you Rose"

First goal Sanchez was offside
Second goal handball Skipps then Son offside
Son should have been sent off for persistent diving
Third goal, Son shouldn't have been on the pitch
Leicester wins Fair Play competition, first foul conceded in the second half
Michael Oliver the best referee in the PL

Verdict: The PL has taken the above into account and reversed the final result to Leicester's favour.

Verdict: The PL has taken the above into account and reversed the final result to Leicester's favour.

As a final punishment we won’t be allowed to use our new stadium until 2020

It's only fair

I have always thought a Captain in goal is not a good idea when dealing with Refs like Yesterday. The Captain does have "special" allowance to get in the Refs ear and ask for a reason about certain decisions. Lots of teams can be seen doing this and as long as the Captain isn't a dick about it, can be done in such a way not to piss off the Ref, but to also make them very aware of the "one-sided" situation. A Keeper can do this to some degree, but he isn't going to sprint 70 yards out of his goal to ask the question each time - not sure Hugo has that sort of Character anyway.
See Harry doing it occasionally, but really needs the armband to do it with any authority.

Let me help

I don’t understand but confined to bed at the moment and not myself
Drs orders and Mrs B has promised to kick my ass if I’m seen near the vicinity of the kitchen again after being caught making myself a hot toddy!!

I have always thought a Captain in goal is not a good idea when dealing with Refs like Yesterday. The Captain does have "special" allowance to get in the Refs ear and ask for a reason about certain decisions. Lots of teams can be seen doing this and as long as the Captain isn't a dick about it, can be done in such a way not to piss off the Ref, but to also make them very aware of the "one-sided" situation. A Keeper can do this to some degree, but he isn't going to sprint 70 yards out of his goal to ask the question each time - not sure Hugo has that sort of Character anyway.
See Harry doing it occasionally, but really needs the armband to do it with any authority.
Never thought about that. Very good point

At the risk of being accused of having an agenda I’ve noticed that Sissoko has been more assertive of late and I noticed him having words with both Danny and Tripps yesterday which he didn’t use to do

He was probably warning them that if they didn’t shape up they might come to the attention of bus-conductor who may criticise them in his match thread
“Don’t go there as it’s happened to me” he was heard saying I understand

Not necessarily happy, but it's certainly not 'bollocks'.
And if you believe that to be true, then I'm still happy for you.
Football is a sport, played by humans not by computers, statisticians or scientists and crap like that chart of yours tell you the same story as the dots on a musical score tell you about the beauty and passion of the music. Ie next to fuck all until you hear it played out by humans acting as a cohesive unit with players of incredible, magical skills
You enjoy your maps, I'll go watch the game.

I can't believe any pundit or commentator would think that was a penalty. I knew it in real time but it took me exactly one replay to decide it was a complete farce. Bearing in mind all the stick Oliver had been getting throughout the 1st half I'm amazed he had the gall to award it. His head was clearly messed up for the 90 minutes.
He became the Nick Leeson of refereeing

Back
Top Bottom