Spurs Youth 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching what? And who is CH?

Reo Griffiths and Tariq Hinds live instagram. Most of the Spurs youth team were on talking with each other including Marcus Edwards, Tashan Oakley-Boothe, Kaziah Sterling, Marcus Edwards and Paris Maghoma.

No idea who CH is - just a fan account who was watching.

Training Ground Guru | Stuart Webber: Climb of the Canaries

A worthwhile read on the revival of Norwich - and the role youngsters are playing (Norwich brought through James Maddison and Angus Gunn before selling them to PL clubs and have a raft of good youngsters coming through)
If we blow a ton of money on Maddison it'll be very frustrating, I thought that we were going to get him off Coventry and immediately loan him back. He must have been on our scouts' radar.

If we blow a ton of money on Maddison it'll be very frustrating, I thought that we were going to get him off Coventry and immediately loan him back. He must have been on our scouts' radar.

Agreed, but I understand one of the issues which emerged when he was at Coventry was he was very anti Spurs when younger and had a number of unfortunate tweets (from when I think he was maybe 15). Not sure if that played a part in our deciding not to move on him.

But we seem to have passed on a lot of very good youngsters since we bought Dele (Brook being the obvious one, but also players like Lookman too) - which I think is madness.

Agreed, but I understand one of the issues which emerged when he was at Coventry was he was very anti Spurs when younger and had a number of unfortunate tweets (from when I think he was maybe 15). Not sure if that played a part in our deciding not to move on him.

But we seem to have passed on a lot of very good youngsters since we bought Dele (Brook being the obvious one, but also players like Lookman too) - which I think is madness.

Why was he anti-Spurs?

From someone watching apparently the only Spurs youth player who didn't come across as a cunt was Tariq Hinds.

Hopefully someone saved it.

TOB hinted at a date in February. Not sure what it was about though.
I guess it’d be useful to have some context to that; if people watched me and my close group of mates chatting shit to each other they’d probably think the same of us.

That said, players need to be aware that everything they do in the public sphere is out there for analysis on The Fighting Cock forum.:sonhmm:

Edwards was very much Edwards again btw. Excelsior really are garbage and so many times you can see that the players he's with aren't making the runs he'd want. That's not to excuse him entirely, because you have to adapt, and tbf I think he's adapting his defensive game - his starting position is a lot deeper than it would have been for our U23s. His defensive work-rate is very good.

Talking of u/23s.. Hope there's going to be a good show of fans this Friday night v goons at stevenage .
Considering there's no first team. Game for either club Saturday I'd love to think there'd be a good turnout Friday evening.

Edwards was very much Edwards again btw. Excelsior really are garbage and so many times you can see that the players he's with aren't making the runs he'd want. That's not to excuse him entirely, because you have to adapt, and tbf I think he's adapting his defensive game - his starting position is a lot deeper than it would have been for our U23s. His defensive work-rate is very good.
If he has learned to defend I personally think that we cannot write this loan off as a failure. But we should definitely look to set him up on loan to a club with a bit more bite next season if he isn't in Poch's plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom