Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn't Redknapps scouting team consist of football connoisseurs such as Dim Sherwood, Les Ferdinand etc, who gave him sound as a rock reports such as the one telling him not to sign Luis Suarez for 17 million when we were looking for a striker because his play style was too similar to Rafas?
Seriously the fact that we employed those halfwits for so many years still leaves a sickly feeling in my stomach to this day.

Didn’t Tim pass on Sterling too....though there was concern about his attitude

Why am I still surprised by the rubbish that the press come out with?
Givenchy eh Mauricio?

giphy.gif

Hadn't heard that one, but it's probably true. Hell, if someone told me that we were offered Messi in 2012 but Tim rejected him because he was too short, I'd probably believe it.

Tbf, the broader 'jury' was reluctant about Sterling's attitude early doors... Lot of peeps (myself included) mocked Liverpool for splashing out on him.

Would be silly to argue he hasn't since come good tho.

Give Klopp or Pep this squad and the problems on and off the field we have had this season, there is no way on gods green earth we would be a couple of points from the top of the table

Poch is a master

Give Klopp or Pep this squad and the problems on and off the field we have had this season, there is no way on gods green earth we would be a couple of points from the top of the table

Poch is a master
Pep I think could handle it. He seems to be able to handle pressure well enough. But Klopp would have crashed and burned ages ago

My personal feeling is he has hung around through the trials of this season, so the prospect of next season will be mouthwatering in comparison. It's clear once we're in the stadium the riches that come with if from gate receipts and commercial deals will filter down to wages and transfers. It's like running a marathon, he has been through the wall and the last bit is the part to enjoy. Why would you stop running at this point?

My personal feeling is he has hung around through the trials of this season, so the prospect of next season will be mouthwatering in comparison. It's clear once we're in the stadium the riches that come with if from gate receipts and commercial deals will filter down to wages and transfers. It's like running a marathon, he has been through the wall and the last bit is the part to enjoy. Why would you stop running at this point?

I wouldn't be surprised if we get an injection of outside investment, perhaps even a new cash-rich owner as well. That could level things a bit and Poch on a level playing field would dominate.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get an injection of outside investment, perhaps even a new cash-rich owner as well. That could level things a bit and Poch on a level playing field would dominate.
I've also contemplated a new owner stepping in. Probably not outright buying all of ENIC's shares. But part of them.

Back
Top Bottom