Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Suggesting that we replace Eriksen with Madison is like suggesting we replace Kane with Rashford.

Decent player but... well... y'know...

giphy.gif

Or replacing Walker with Trippier..

Good player.

Would be more than happy to puff out the squad with potential English players like Eze and Bowen in the summer.

This kid would be a great investment for Spurs. He is so similar to Wilfried Zaha it's uncanny.
He's actually more naturally gifted than Zaha and easily better than Moura.
If QPR want £20m for him, just pay it.

Or replacing Walker with Trippier..

So here we go again.

Nobody is good enough and those who are or might be we can't afford.

You just know that on page 1224 of this thread and on August 31st we will be having the same discussion.

I for one have all but given up thinking our scouts or manager can spot a nugget or 2 worth developing for a price we are willing to pay.

If Eriksen leaves I'd pay whatever it takes to get Sancho. Obviously not a direct replacement but he is a superstar in the making, the kind of trickery and skill in attack we need. We won't be able to get a player like Eriksen so anyway Poch will have to change things in the attacking third

Given this an agree, on the previso that he hasn't stuffed his HG status being in Dortmund in his teens...

Given this an agree, on the previso that he hasn't stuffed his HG status being in Dortmund in his teens...
Has he? trying to find the minimum age can only find "been on the clubs books 3 years before 21" - when does the been on the books start from, Wiki says 15 but I cant see that anywhere else?

That surprises me as I thought one of the reasons Germans were buying the players were to make money selling back homegrown players when more mature.

* he wont be homegrown for CL.

I wouldn’t judge all of those too quickly, it invariably takes time for players to come into a new country/league and adjust to life and a new team/coach/tactics/pace etc.

I never thought Bakayoko was a great signing. But I think Fabinho and Keita were really good signings who are/will prove good. Jorginho does exactly what Sari wants, it’s getting those around him doing it too (not helped by Sari himself using people like Kante and Hazard wrongly). Kovacic is ok, and Fred’s barely been given a chance.

Keita was piss poor against west ham the other night, epitomized by him getting tackled on the half way line first half and just jogging back as west ham broke forward. Not saying he won't improve but he looked off the pace bigtime Monday.

Keita was piss poor against west ham the other night, epitomized by him getting tackled on the half way line first half and just jogging back as west ham broke forward. Not saying he won't improve but he looked off the pace bigtime Monday.

Almost every player we sign from different countries/leagues takes at least a season to get up to speed. Keita's a great little footballer who will come good. I'd have him here in a heartbeat.

Has he? trying to find the minimum age can only find "been on the clubs books 3 years before 21" - when does the been on the books start from, Wiki says 15 but I cant see that anywhere else?

That surprises me as I thought one of the reasons Germans were buying the players were to make money selling back homegrown players when more mature.

* he wont be homegrown for CL.

Definition is :

player who, between the age of 15 (or the start of the season during which he turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during which he turns 21)

Sancho was born in March 2000 and joined Dortmund in August 2017 when he was 17 - so I can't see how he could have put in 3 years at ManCity/Watford from the age of 15 to be when he joined Dortmund aged 17. So IMO he won't be counted as homegrown when/if he returns to UK.

EDIT - However as he's still u21, if he came back to the PL and signed in the year before he was 21 he might get to having 'done' his 3 years albeit not continuously and therefore qualify as homegrown

Last edited:

Almost every player we sign from different countries/leagues takes at least a season to get up to speed. Keita's a great little footballer who will come good. I'd have him here in a heartbeat.

He also hasn’t had a straight run of games. He has been in and out and like any player they need a run of games. Same was said about Son and now look at a POTY candidate

Back
Top Bottom