Summer 2019 - Pre Season (ICC , Audi Cup & Other Matches)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fucking hell. Utter shite. Give the players a proper break. Pre-season in the UK with friendliest that we can get to. Lille. Ajax. Maybe one of the big Scotch boys? Our friends up in Abs?

Will be nice to see the likes of Roles in pre season, he'll be 20 years old come the summer and I feel if he isn't involved, he has zero future here which would be such a shame.

Hopefully Edwards is given a clean slate too. I imagine alot of our first team could be missing. Not only do some of our lads have the Copa America but its also the semi final and final of the Nations League.

Fucking hell. Utter shite. Give the players a proper break. Pre-season in the UK with friendliest that we can get to. Lille. Ajax. Maybe one of the big Scotch boys? Our friends up in Abs?
yeah but you know what it's like. Seeing the team in person is a big part of building the brand in these foreign markets. I went to a game in Nashville (we lost to city) on a pre-season tour in the USA and the whole town was mobbed by Spurs and City fans. I went with my parents (my Dad being a City fan, the smug git) but the Atlanta Spurs Supporters Club had been organizing that trip up to Nashville for months.

Those days are long gone sadly. I'm grateful as a youth I spent summer holidays watching us in places like Stevenage, St Albans, Kettering. Full strength teams usually. All about getting our team in the global markets.

Noticed last year Liverpool still went part local though which I actually respect them for. Think they went to Chester and Tranmere pre season, maybe some others also.

Those days are long gone sadly. I'm grateful as a youth I spent summer holidays watching us in places like Stevenage, St Albans, Kettering. Full strength teams usually. All about getting our team in the global markets.

Noticed last year Liverpool still went part local though which I actually respect them for. Think they went to Chester and Tranmere pre season, maybe some others also.
I could see the club arranging one, maybe two games back in London at the new stadium this time around.

Last summer we had the game in Girona outside of the regular pre-season tour and with the new stadium it seems logical to me to have a pre-season friendly on home soil as a bit of a season kick off.

And two summers ago we had the Juventus game at Wembley.

Last edited:
I could see the club arranging one, maybe two games back in London at the new stadium this time around.

Last summer we had the game in Girona outside of the regular pre-season tour and with the new stadium it seems logical to me to have a pre-season friendly on home soil as a bit of a season kick off.

And two summers ago we had the Juventus game at Wembley.

Yep true there tends to be one or two like that but I'm really thinking about when we used to routinely send good squads to local teams. Orient was another one, went there twice to see good strength Spurs teams.

I was there when Freund scored.

I feel like there's a crucial country in Asia that's missing...like say a country that one of our star players hails from..

Sure - but we don't run the tournament.

I'd guess most of the matches will be in China as that's the country buying up a lot of star players - including our now elderly Mouusa Dembele - wants the most international exposure (ie pay for the tournament) etc

Sure - but we don't run the tournament.

I'd guess most of the matches will be in China as that's the country buying up a lot of star players - including our now elderly Mouusa Dembele - wants the most international exposure (ie pay for the tournament) etc
Spurs could probably pull off a short stop in South Korea for promotional purposes either way.

If I remember right we did send Son, Wimmer, Walker and someone else on a visit to South Korea the last time we did pre-season in China.

Will be nice to see the likes of Roles in pre season, he'll be 20 years old come the summer and I feel if he isn't involved, he has zero future here which would be such a shame.

Hopefully Edwards is given a clean slate too. I imagine alot of our first team could be missing. Not only do some of our lads have the Copa America but its also the semi final and final of the Nations League.

Nations League matches will be in June so hopefully won't impact too much on pre-season, but I'd hope Poch takes at least half a dozen youngsters to increase squad numbers because even Copa America's 4 players out would put an unnecessary strain on the squad.

I'm pretty sure we'll start with one or two local matches to warm up with in the UK - just hope they aren't behind closed doors - and DL won't want to miss out on a prestige match just before season opens in NWHL with TV rights being sold as far as possible so others can admire the stadium (and team).

89pH1AkP

Guess we'll be seeing quite a lot of this pic !

Shanghai and Singapore... any thoughts on whether that'll mean super early or super late matches in UK time?
:sonhmm:

They're both 8 hours ahead.

The ICC last summer had some games in Singapore and they kicked off round about 19:45 local time, which is 11:45am here.

So neither super early or super late. Though it depends when our games are due to kick off over there.

Back
Top Bottom