Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DyKlCS4VYAEKmsY.jpg
The brief case!

It's amazing to think that Varney still had his own practice whilst with us, it was still a part-time job! I used to go just because he was Spurs, it was on The A10 at the junction of Carterhatch Lane in a parade of shity shops no one ever went in. Got him to sign my appoint reminder card lol.
It's still there! (Well, the building is...)
According to this;Physiotherapy in Harlow - Mike Varney Opening & Appointments his practise is now in Harlow.

George Mason was on the fringes of my brother's social circle in his very early playing days. When he made a few first team appearances he insisted on being called Georgio Mazzon, because he thought he might get called up by Italy.... Not sure how that panned out
I only remember him as "Georgio Mazzon" (1980 Pannini book) and was always confused as a kid, cos it said he was English...
Bit like Anton du Beke off that 'Strictly'... his real name is Anthony Beak
My White Hart Lane......
that clip makes me SO happy!!

Mind you, I certainly picked the wrong 1981 Villa game to go to as 'my first ever game'... cos we lost that one!
...this kid must have gone the previous season, in March...
I went the following season in early September, DAMMIT!

My first game was also in 1981, against Villa, but we lost 3-1, and Ricky Villa scored our goal... and I was confused!

My only solace was that a 'first ever game' defeat builds character!!!
Imagine all the spoilt kids nowadays whose first game is a (yet another) win... they'll expect it every week.

At least my hopes were dashed from the outset... it's been uphill (kinda) ever since!

BTW... who else accidentally turned the sound up on that footage to hear the roar of the crowd??
Of COURSE there wasn't any sound in those days (we all watched the games in ttotal silence!!)

And as a P.S... there aren't enough "likes" available to like this thread...
I fucking LOVE it!

In my mind, it's already gone down in Online history as the best thread on ANY football forum ANYWHERE!

Last edited:
place to share the best old spurs photos you can find, of defining moments, great goals and fans throught the history of this great club through 'the good old glory glory days'

i'll start

Lifting the FA cup in 1967
tottenham-hotspur-celebrate-after-winning-the-1967-fa-cup-final-against-chelsea-at-wembley.jpg
For what it's worth... you sir Scottwallace15 Scottwallace15 are a genius.

The perfect thread for all of us old timers currently loving life as a Spurs fan... who are old enough to remember what it used to be like... (the bad AND the good) :ossie:
...but thankfully not yet quite old enough to have forgotten completely... i assume all that is yet to come!

Not retro as such but remember watching it on sky yellow kit,when the F.A Cup meant something happy days:thumbup:

When you've been to as many games as I have, it's a struggle sometimes to remember specific games. But I remember so many details of this game, like it was yesterday. We definitely thought it was our year, as we had been originally been banned from participating in the competition. What a turnaround after going 2-0 down, loved Rocket Ronnie asking the ref for the match ball at the end. On the way home,we were listening to a Take That tape (yes tape!) and we changed the words to honour Ronnie.... Could it be Magic became Could it be Ronnie, Relight my Fire became Relight my Ronnie, you get the drift :)
The following day at work, we had a Results presentation at work, and this was back when slides were on acetates! Anyway, the Finance Director just happened to be a Spurs fan, and his first slide showed the result from the game, with the announcement - 'now that's what you call a result!' He was lucky to keep his job, as the General Manager was a Southampton supporter!
Happy Days - thanks for posting

When you've been to as many games as I have, it's a struggle sometimes to remember specific games. But I remember so many details of this game, like it was yesterday. We definitely thought it was our year, as we had been originally been banned from participating in the competition. What a turnaround after going 2-0 down, loved Rocket Ronnie asking the ref for the match ball at the end. On the way home,we were listening to a Take That tape (yes tape!) and we changed the words to honour Ronnie.... Could it be Magic became Could it be Ronnie, Relight my Fire became Relight my Ronnie, you get the drift :)
The following day at work, we had a Results presentation at work, and this was back when slides were on acetates! Anyway, the Finance Director just happened to be a Spurs fan, and his first slide showed the result from the game, with the announcement - 'now that's what you call a result!' He was lucky to keep his job, as the General Manager was a Southampton supporter!
Happy Days - thanks for posting
My pleasure,think that was a replay we drew 1-1 at our gaff remember thinking that was us goosed having not doing the job at home.we had been originally banned from the cup that season but was reinstated lost to Everton in the semi final absolutely gutted bout that then Everton won the fecking thing by boring everyone to death in the final against United.

My pleasure,think that was a replay we drew 1-1 at our gaff remember thinking that was us goosed having not doing the job at home.we had been originally banned from the cup that season but was reinstated lost to Everton in the semi final absolutely gutted bout that then Everton won the fecking thing by boring everyone to death in the final against United.

Watch Grobellar's performance in that game. :pochserious:

Back
Top Bottom