Watford @ Wembley. 30/01

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just a quick post before I go to sleep, as I have to get up early tomorrow. Deserved that, poor Fernando's ears must have been burning, as I was calling him all sorts before he scored. Sonny's smile lit up the stadium with his smile, when he scored, MOTM for me. That was a massive three points, we made up ground on everyone around us and kept a nice gap between us and the chasing pack.
The way the game panned out made it an exciting watch, by the time we scored, I didn't feel the cold at all.
Good night all xxx

35564-1447240179.jpg

Tottenham has been a strange mistress these last 8 weeks. Shrugging off the loss to the scum at the beginning of December and tearing, for the most part through the month. I saw that span as one of Poch's greatest stretches to date, especially the revenge win at The Library......then a few bumps, then knocked out of both cups with a risk of losing 3 in a row.....injuries all over the place....down a goal and I'm like fuck goddammit.......now it's ticking down, but the ball shakes loose to Son, he is coming across the inside top of the box, and I KNOW at that point that the tide has turned. And then Rose floats it across, and I KNOW that header will drop, because it is time. It belongs to us. Hell yes.

COYS.

" Emotionally exhausted " they said... Hmmm,

Our Sonny epitomises everything I love about this Club. Even Poch said post game, he wanted to take him off for fear of exhaustion. Not only did he play through the pain barrier, his goal and celebration lifted the whole squad. He knew when he scored, that the job was "half done"...

Special mention to Lucas, who came on and injected himself into the game with great impact, speed and a few bumps.

Priceless 3 points... Proud as punch.

PS, happy for llorente, as Im sure I cursed him a few times with those misses... He needed that as much as we did.

Lloris is number one and the goal was his fault.

However if we lost, the fingers would be pointed at Llorente and rightly so.
You have to take those chances, and when you create enough to score (17 shots) but don’t take them (3 on target) and end up losing, then you can’t cling to one mistake the keeper made and let the attackers off scott free.

What I find odd though is that when Trippier makes a mistake on the halfway line, and Dele, Son and Kane miss sitters up the other end (21 shots, 11 on target) no one else blames the attackers like they do with Llorente.

Last edited:
I used to be a right back and I reckon I could still put on a better shift than Aurier. KWP would be my choice in that slot, the lad looks good defending and going forward. Either him or Foyth
I was a right-back too, and I've said from pretty much the first game Aurier played that he's a fucking liability. His positioning is all over the place, he hasn't got much of a tackle, he's short and he's a headcase. KWP every day of the week

Back
Top Bottom