Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He build the team with a lot of top players already being here. Lloris Walker vertonghen rose dembele dier eriksen kane were already at the club when he arrived. He developed them all to next levels. Since he arrived we only spent big on Sanchez, sissoko and son. Toby, wanyama and dele were cheap.

From memory, he wanted schneiderlin got stambouli. Wanted a fast center back to play high line the board gave him fazio lol. Wanted berahino we didn’t pay what West Brom wanted. Wanted Mane and Winjaldum and we didn’t give in to their wage demands. I know you gonna say that they flopped on their clubs but that doesn’t matter. No one knows how they would fit and perform at Tottenham.

Last season in May he said he wanted us to be brave and some convinced themselves that being brave was not signing anyone ROFL. he wasn’t clearly backed this season at the very least you can’t deny that. Yet he’s not gonna go to the press and say that levy is a cheap bastard. Dembele who poch says he’s one of the best talents he ever had and had the chance to be one of the best in the world leaves the club and you think he doesn’t want someone to replace him?

The cups debacle is obviously a low point of poch management career here. Maybe if we had decent dept he wouldn’t throw a line up that had players that wouldn’t play for Burnley or Newcastle. Today besides Hugo and eriksen what could we have played? Our team already didn’t had decent midfield in the summer but we had a world class attack, now without them the rest of the team is exposed.

I don’t know your agenda at all. Maybe you don’t have one. But you don’t rate poch and that’s obviously.
Good post and some valid points with one in particular

Last season in May he said he wanted us to be brave and some convinced themselves that being brave was not signing anyone ROFL. he wasn’t clearly backed this season at the very least you can’t deny that.

Poch literally said "We cannot think we are the cleverest people in the world and that we will win trophies by spending small money," - and there are still people here arguing otherwise - which of course proves beyond all reasonable doubt their shameless agenda.

Last edited:
Good post and some valid points with one in particular

Last season in May he said he wanted us to be brave and some convinced themselves that being brave was not signing anyone ROFL. he wasn’t clearly backed this season at the very least you can’t deny that.

Poch literally said "We cannot think we are the cleverest people in the world and that we will win trophies by spending small money," - and there are still people here arguing otherwise - which of course proves beyond all reasonable doubt their shameless agenda.
You cut off the rest though
Why?
Because it casts a massive black cloud over the context of those words

Pochettino is an overrated manager. He won't win a trophy in his career. What stupid statements made about the FA Cup. Fucking wanker really.

But, I'm not advocating he leave. He's the best we're gonna get for years to come. And, I've come to terms with the fact that we aren't going to win a trophy for years to come as well. Just no way that's possible when you have stingy as fuck Levy and Lewis, the former who fucked up the stadium timeline (and who knows what else lurks there) costing us in the medium term, hopefully the debt isn't so humongous as to fuck the long term as well.

And then when you have stubborn Poch as the other part of the equation, we are not getting anything. It's kinda sad, as I'd have liked to have challenged the other cunt clubs in the Top 6, but this is life.

The good is that with him, and his apparent good relationship with the bald dwarf, we will probably have a consistent decade to come. I mean, for all the rumours, I think he'll stay and try to fulfil his project. He won't win anything, but I don't think he or Levy will leave it. They will keep persisting, being comfortable in second gear. No one will come take him because he won't win anything. He just isn't good enough, but he's good enough for the ambition of this club- which is, as he said, Top 4, which is a fucking participation trophy, but what can you do?

No more sleep lost for me worrying about the bullshittery going on at management level. They don't respect us, so who gives a fuck. As long as the club persists beyond the tenure of Levy & Poch, I'm OK with them being losers. I suppose participation trophies are better than being Newcastle and the rest of the numbers.

No black cloud - it's all there - how long are you going to ignore it for?

Yet:

The Tottenham manager did accept that the failure to sign any players “maybe looks bad because of the perception” but added: “That is our decision - to keep the best players and to keep the squad. It is a brave decision.”

“What the club is doing is showing it is brave,” Pochettino said. “Building a new training ground, finishing the lodge - it was a massive investment. Building a stadium that is nearly £1 billion.

“Of course, maybe in the mind of everyone they will say ‘oh Tottenham did not sign anyone’ but to sign for the sake of signing? It is better to keep your best players.”

Disagree all you like, it’s Pochs words not mine

Pochettino is an overrated manager. He won't win a trophy in his career. What stupid statements made about the FA Cup. Fucking wanker really.

But, I'm not advocating he leave. He's the best we're gonna get for years to come. And, I've come to terms with the fact that we aren't going to win a trophy for years to come as well. Just no way that's possible when you have stingy as fuck Levy and Lewis, the former who fucked up the stadium timeline (and who knows what else lurks there) costing us in the medium term, hopefully the debt isn't so humongous as to fuck the long term as well.

And then when you have stubborn Poch as the other part of the equation, we are not getting anything. It's kinda sad, as I'd have liked to have challenged the other cunt clubs in the Top 6, but this is life.

The good is that with him, and his apparent good relationship with the bald dwarf, we will probably have a consistent decade to come. I mean, for all the rumours, I think he'll stay and try to fulfil his project. He won't win anything, but I don't think he or Levy will leave it. They will keep persisting, being comfortable in second gear. No one will come take him because he won't win anything. He just isn't good enough, but he's good enough for the ambition of this club- which is, as he said, Top 4, which is a fucking participation trophy, but what can you do?

No more sleep lost for me worrying about the bullshittery going on at management level. They don't respect us, so who gives a fuck. As long as the club persists beyond the tenure of Levy & Poch, I'm OK with them being losers. I suppose participation trophies are better than being Newcastle and the rest of the numbers.
I agree with most of this. He's taken us forward granted. But with the squad he's got, he should at least have won one of the domestic cups during his tenure by now. Morinho would have, Benitez would have, probably even Klopp would have. Just saying......

What happens is that we failed.
And next season we’ll start again....what do you think happens? We get relegated?

Hardy ha.

I am unsure is the answer because it's about leaps of faith and thinking what the project is.

I think fans can accept restated ambition but need to be warmed by more than just top 4 finishes, even within our rather constrained but necessary budget.

I think fans are being asked to take a few whacks from inside and outside the club and that while talk of being brave and realistic is understandable, that fans will ask when will it change?

The informed wisdom is that we are looking to sign players that will make us better. That is a very clever way of putting it because the fan is then forced to recognise or accept the club only chase particular quality which of course is very difficult to obtain.

We are led to believe that transfer funds will be more freely available once the stadium generates money but that is another imponderable.

So who knows if we don't get top 4 and it's hard to see how we improve as a team if we by then have lost Dembele, Alderweireld and maybe Eriksen.

Hardy ha.

I am unsure is the answer because it's about leaps of faith and thinking what the project is.

I think fans can accept restated ambition but need to be warmed by more than just top 4 finishes, even within our rather constrained but necessary budget.

I think fans are being asked to take a few whacks from inside and outside the club and that while talk of being brave and realistic is understandable, that fans will ask when will it change?

The informed wisdom is that we are looking to sign players that will make us better. That is a very clever way of putting it because the fan is then forced to recognise or accept the club only chase particular quality which of course is very difficult to obtain.

We are led to believe that transfer funds will be more freely available once the stadium generates money but that is another imponderable.

So who knows if we don't get top 4 and it's hard to see how we improve as a team if we by then have lost Dembele, Alderweireld and maybe Eriksen.

But as you can see, it’s a myth that being in the CL attracts better players.
So failing to make top won’t affect the players we can sign, but it will be a financial blow and a big step backwards on the pitch.

Failure, like victory is a collective effort, from Levy to Poch to the players.

If players that can’t get us into the CL want to leave because we aren’t in the CL then maybe we need better anyway?
What would be interesting would be to see how seriously Poch would take the EL should we be in it.

His track record is shite in it, and I don’t think he rates it much higher than the Carabou, so unfortunately that ticket back would be out of the question.

Back
Top Bottom