Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Then why did you say Stoke are our rivals?
If you'll post the quote, ill explain the context of the comment.

But if you don't think that I view us as a big club, a MASSIVE club, then it's clear you have a selective memory.

See the recent thread I started Londons biggest club if you have any doubts.

Here we go

I've always said that the mighty Spurs are Londons biggest club. Even though we've won very little in recent decades. And I've always been convinced Chelsea are just minnows in comparison bloated by Abramovich's billions.
And finally I've found some real evidence.

And I've had a few t9night celb4ating our latest triumph so I'm creating a special thread in our honour as Kings of Londo n

Come on you Spurs

https://www.citymetric.com/horizons...s-west-ham-chelsea-fulham-supporters-map-4063

Edit: As Totti Totti kindly pointed out below, you need to replace the word woolwich with their other name in the title to view the link
:dembelefingers:

2016/17

Dx8luirWkAAB3eW.jpg

More points than Man City
More wins than Man City
More goals scored than Man City
Fewer goals conceded than Man City

Score over both league games: Spurs 4-2 Man City

Since then Spurs have a net spend of £5m.

Since then Man City have a net spend of £230m.

If you'll post the quote, ill explain the context of the comment.

But if you don't think that I view us as a big club, a MASSIVE club, then it's clear you have a selective memory.

See the recent thread I started Londons biggest club if you have any doubts.
You seem to have deleted the original post. Fortunately, before you did, I used it in this post. To showcase more of your bollocks.

Since you ask...

Well, of course you are chief horsenosher.

I was curious as to just why you are chief horsenosher (before you try deflect about time spent, thanks to Admin Admin fantastic search bar it took 20 minutes) as it's all well and good me saying it to be funny, but unlike you, I like to add substance to my cunt-offs, a deeper cunt-off.

So just to show how much of a fucking iron you (and your kind) really are, you've been polluting this board with your anti-Levy nonsense since 2014.

Happy with our transfer strategy ?

Posted in 2014, a thread created just to say you don't like our transfer strategy. Following a season in which Spurs came 6th. This will be important later.

Moving onto 2015...

The January window thread is much of the same. The Summer one is a FUCKING DOOZY.

Particular highlights include...

https://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/f...discussion-thread.13285/page-1329#post-856843

''I'd rather Berahino than Pato.
As for the transfer fee. I couldn't give a fuck''

''BetVictor have slashed their odds to 6/4 against Behrahino signing for us. Would be a great signing. Pay the fucking money Levy. Before someone else steps in''

''I am desparate for us to get Berahino.''

''we should not be paying 25million for Berahino''

''The thought of us signing Victor Moses is now getting me quite hard''

''I think we're going to sign Charlie Austin. I backed it last night with BetVictor st 16/1. He's now 6/1 with and even shorter with most bookies. He'll be relatively cheap and low maintenance. It's gonna happen I tell ya''

''I can't see it. But yes. Fellaini would be a good signing. In my opinion.''

''Fuck Carrick. That's a backward step of huge proportions. It's the kind of signing you'd expect of a club like West Ham or Sunderland''

Yet, you know exactly what is needed with our transfer strategy, right? Saido Berahino, Charlie Austin, Poohead Fellaini and Victor Moses. But Carrick wasn't good enough? But you know better than Poch and Levy, correct? You'd rather see them take a place in our squad ahead of our youth?

Another little gem in this thread...

https://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/f...discussion-thread.13285/page-1061#post-844113

''Stoke.......Rivals......To Spurs ??? ......Fucking Stoke

I`ve been thinking about this statement. And it`s actually starting to hit home that it`s absolutely fucking true''

After all your bluster about Spurs being the biggest and best club in the world you say this. This is the funny thing. You'll criticise me for finding this post but won't maybe take some introspection into the fact you are always, always wrong. Like, NW1 levels of wrong. And just like your fellow horsenosher (#2) you simply cannot admit it.

https://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/f...discussion-thread.13285/page-1461#post-861392

''I said 10th to 14th with the squad as it was before Clinton signed. With the 2 new boys, I would say between 8th and 11th.
edit: if Kane gets injured or loses form early on, i`d knock it back down a few notches''

*facepalm*

We move on...2016.

https://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/f...-discussion-thread.15472/page-215#post-941358

''Spurs are the biggest club in the world''

Hold up, weren't we Stoke's rivals just 6 months before?

Transfers - Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

''I'd be fucking delighted if we sign Sissoko''

Just like you would have been with Berahino and Charlie Austin. You just want transfers. They don't have to be good, you just want to see money spent. No judgement involved. Spin the wheel and spend.

Transfers - Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

''Seems like Everton, Stoke, Leicester and Bournemouth etc..
are leapfrogging us too now''

We'll move on from 2016 now I've spotted a post of you slagging off Ryan Mason.

Years before this post, we came 2nd and 3rd. Wanna guess where we finished in this one?

Finally the piece de resistance from 2015-16.

''If we signed no-one else, I would expect us to finish around 10th - 14th. Depending on our Europa cup run.''

This was your prediction. The season we came 3rd.

And you wonder why you get such hostility from myself and others? We have had to put up with your bullshit for half a decade. And it's provably wrong. But you're so fucking arrogant that anyone who tells you this, is Levy over Spurs. When it's you that predicts us coming midtable, calling Stoke our rivals, begging for Saido Berahino.

It was you that said 2nd place was looking like Thursday nights in Europa.

As for your question about the rest...

Your fellow horsenoshers are The Dane The Dane who has given up on every Spurs side in December in existence. Spent the 2017 transfer thread telling us all Ross Barkley was the saviour of Tottenham Hotspur and that Everton will be a danger to us. I see he's melted into a smelly goop again. Art Vandelay Art Vandelay who is your self-proclaimed bodyguard who said he would ''be on me like a rash'' whenever I got in a row with you, then put me on ignore. Some bodyguard. The pum pum. NW1Spur NW1Spur who said ''we are absolutely not a top 4 side'' this season and of course Erik Lamela. Finally Don Giovanni Don Giovanni the gooner. Who being a gooner, shares the other horsenoshers opinions, which is slagging off Spurs.

As for scott scott he's right, he hasn't got it in him to be a horsenosher. He's a Johnnosher. He's your fluffer, making sure you're hard and ready to go when you get to the horse. Those boys above are your roadies, Scott is just your groupie hoping that one day, you'll let him in the gang, but he'll always be the bitch. The fluffer too ugly, racist and meek to be front and centre. But he'll be there ploughing himself as you nosh the horse.

I know you'll all just deflect this post about how long it took, or how dragging up the past is silly. But when you act like you do, you need receipts when you start lying and pretending you are the one with all the answers and digging out others.

You predicted we'd finish ''around 10th - 14th'' the season we came 3rd.

YOU AIN'T GOT THE ANSWERS SWAY!

THE FIVE HORSENOSHERS OF THE APOCALYPSE

5_horsemen_of_the_apocalypse_by_yurichan99-d8ewczv.jpg

giphy.gif

images

too-long-didnt-read-gif-6.gif

Insta-bin me again motherfuckers! I'm just asking for it.

1xrW.gif

Fortunately, you forgot to delete this...

Seems like Everton, Stoke, Leicester and Bournemouth etc..
are leapfrogging us too now

Always said Spurs are one of the biggest clubs going yea?

I think Levy should be given more time. Do I fuck. The man from Stoke seems quite ambitious. Seems to put football first like. They`re punching well above their weight and spending money where necessary to improve.

Really know your beans.

Here's another post of mine, Spursdem, mate, from the same thread

Most European trophies pre Abramavich: check
Most FA cups pre Abramovich: check
First double winners: check
First European trophy winners: check
Highest ever league attendance: check
Highest average attendance last season: check
Highest average season ticket price::) check

Fuck the neutrals mate. As far as they're concerned football started with the creation of sky sports.
Your neutrals will tell you Bournmouth and Watford are bigger than Seffield Wednesday and Aston Villa.

Tottenham Hotspur. The only club providing champions league football in London this season

:coys:

You see, I think we're a massive club.

I just want see us start acting like one in the transfer window .
Is that really so unreasonable?

Here's another post of mine, Spursdem, mate, from the same thread
Nothing to do with the question I asked you.

I'll ask again.

If you believed Spurs are one of the biggest clubs in Europe, why did you say Stoke are our rivals and that Bournemouth, Everton and Leicester had leapfrogged us?

Unless, you think Stoke, Bournemouth, Everton and Leicester are some of the biggest clubs in Europe?

In a week that the club highlighted Sir Billy Nicholson's 100th birthday to be there when a Tottenham team went down without laying a glove on the opposition speaks volumes on our current management and our Director's
Today was shocking not because of our performance but the opposition didn't want to win the game either.
We have to ask questions about our manager after this game...was it deliberate?

Nothing to do with the question I asked you.

I'll ask again.

If you believed Spurs are one of the biggest clubs in Europe, why did you say Stoke are our rivals and that Bournemouth, Everton and Leicester had leapfrogged us?

Unless, you think Stoke, Bournemouth, Everton and Leicester are some of the biggest clubs in Europe?
You're agenda is embarrising , brother.

It's clear to all and sundry I think we're a big club.

Seeing smaller clubs above us, at that time, in the transfer net spend table was clearly what I was alluding to.

But several years later you bring it up to try and label me as some cunt who thinks Tottenham Hotspur is a small club.

So sad to see you like this

tottenham-aston-villa-pants-pulled-down-pants-pulls-down-13801305657.gif

Prioritising the Premier league then we better win Wednesday. We have lost too many matches recently to have confidence that without Dele and Kane and with a tired Son and Eriksen we will achieve that. If Poch is seriously thinking about leaving as with Redknapp the players will know and the results suffer. Hope I am wrong but these next 3 matches will be crucial. We just seem unable to score enough.

Three home games against outside the top six so there is no reason for excuse.

Honestly our problems have been defensive and conceding too many goals, playing square pegs in round holes.

This has nothing to do with the three forward players missing and Poch was better at the simpler side of the game when he first arrived than he has done recently.

I don't buy into the idea that anything else but team selection lost the two cup games. Squad depletion is a factor to be navigated around.

Keeping a clean sheet has little to do with world class talent as strikers.

Arry to England at Christmas was the right deal for all parties, and I do fear we have missed an opportunity if things go south.

Fear is the wrong word. I don't fear anything. But I do see the pattern that you refer to. I don't think it is the same situation but you never know.

You're agenda is embarrising , brother.

It's clear to all and sundry I think we're a big club.

Seeing smaller clubs above us, at that time, in the transfer net spend table was clearly what I was alluding to.

But several years later you bring it up to try and label me as some cunt who thinks Tottenham Hotspur is a small club.

So sad to see you like this

tottenham-aston-villa-pants-pulled-down-pants-pulls-down-13801305657.gif
That is not an explanation for calling Stoke our rivals.

What it is, is proof that you have zero footballing foresight. Embarrassingly so.

You were so embarrassed by the post that you deleted it.

So, to cover yourself here, you're saying that rivalry is determined by the ''net spend table''?

But you also said we would finish 10-14th that season? One of the biggest clubs in Europe finishes 10th-14th?

But you were clearly only alluding to the 'net spend table'?

That's really how you want to crawl out of the bollocks?

That compulsivity to lie has it's grips in you.

That is not an explanation for calling Stoke our rivals.

What it is, is proof that you have zero footballing foresight. Embarrassingly so.

You were so embarrassed by the post that you deleted it.

So, to cover yourself here, you're saying that rivalry is determined by the ''net spend table''?

But you also said we would finish 10-14th that season? One of the biggest clubs in Europe finishes 10th-14th?

But you were clearly only alluding to the 'net spend table'?

That's really how you want to crawl out of the bollocks?

That compulsivity to lie has it's grips in you.
So you believe I think we're a small club?
Well I think the rest of the forum can make their own mind up on that one.

Keep digging mate

giphy.gif

So you believe I think we're a small club?
Well I think the rest of the forum can make their own mind up on that one.

Keep digging mate

giphy.gif
Nope. I believe you will say anything to suit your agenda.

If it suits your agenda one moment, you'll call us a club that rivals Stoke. When it suits you another, you'll call us a rival to Real Madrid. Anything to turn the conversation to the Levy.

Don't be upset because I've torn you a new one just presenting your own words to you.

giphy.gif

It's amazing how you can claim to know how to run the club better than Daniel Levy...

...whilst suggesting we spend our money on Saido Berahino, Marouane Fellaini, Charlie Austin and Jack Grealish to get us to the next level.

Absolute banter.

tenor.gif

They also can’t play every minute. Do you want them to be injured as well? Players need to rest. You don’t see the correlation between increased injuries and the amount of players we had in the WC over the summer? Majority of our team had no offseason. They racked up so many minutes and it’s wearing on their bodies.

Every club rotates players in these competitions. For us, rotating players right now means third string players because we have so many injured. It’s not rocket science.

Palace played without their 3 defenders and captain Milivojevic. Eriksen, Toby, Aurier, Rose weren't injured.

Besides, beating Palace today alone doesn't equate to winning a cup and top 4...

You said "Is that so fucking hard?"

Evidently, it's a far tougher proposition than you realise.

He build the team with a lot of top players already being here. Lloris Walker vertonghen rose dembele dier eriksen kane were already at the club when he arrived. He developed them all to next levels. Since he arrived we only spent big on Sanchez, sissoko and son. Toby, wanyama and dele were cheap.

From memory, he wanted schneiderlin got stambouli. Wanted a fast center back to play high line the board gave him fazio lol. Wanted berahino we didn’t pay what West Brom wanted. Wanted Mane and Winjaldum and we didn’t give in to their wage demands. I know you gonna say that they flopped on their clubs but that doesn’t matter. No one knows how they would fit and perform at Tottenham.

Last season in May he said he wanted us to be brave and some convinced themselves that being brave was not signing anyone ROFL. he wasn’t clearly backed this season at the very least you can’t deny that. Yet he’s not gonna go to the press and say that levy is a cheap bastard. Dembele who poch says he’s one of the best talents he ever had and had the chance to be one of the best in the world leaves the club and you think he doesn’t want someone to replace him?

The cups debacle is obviously a low point of poch management career here. Maybe if we had decent dept he wouldn’t throw a line up that had players that wouldn’t play for Burnley or Newcastle. Today besides Hugo and eriksen what could we have played? Our team already didn’t had decent midfield in the summer but we had a world class attack, now without them the rest of the team is exposed.

I don’t know your agenda at all. Maybe you don’t have one. But you don’t rate poch and that’s obviously.
So because only Sanchez and Sissoko were expensive, and Wanyama, Toby and Dele were cheap, that means they wasn’t Poch targets?

You’ve just named 5 players he wanted, and got.

Shniderlin and Berahino would have cost us 60M, five years ago. Think about that for a minute. I’m fucking glad he was overruled....Poch has form with this sort of thing too. Didn’t he want Morata.....
And why the fuck doesn’t it matter that they flopped?
Then it doesn’t matter that Janssen and Llorente flopped.

You can laugh off the brave thing but they are his quotes which say it was a brave decision not to sign anyone, not mine.

He’s not Mother Theresa, get over it.
He’s a good manager, but he’s also a stubborn one, and he has made patently clear he does not care for the Carabou and FA cups.
What do you mean “we only left out Eriksen and Lloris”....

Oh, you mean two players that would have seen us win the game? Yeah, poor Poch

2016/17

Dx8luirWkAAB3eW.jpg

More points than Man City
More wins than Man City
More goals scored than Man City
Fewer goals conceded than Man City

Score over both league games: Spurs 4-2 Man City

Since then Spurs have a net spend of £5m.

Since then Man City have a net spend of £230m.
City spent a billion and had all the debt magically wiped by the owner but don’t let that get in the way

It's amazing how you can claim to know how to run the club better than Daniel Levy...

...whilst suggesting we spend our money on Saido Berahino, Marouane Fellaini, Charlie Austin and Jack Grealish to get us to the next level.

Absolute banter.

tenor.gif

You’ve ruined him with his own quotes there.
Embarrassing

I’ve now got Nabil telling me we should have spunked 60M on Berahino and Scnniderlin and it doesn’t matter that they are utter shit and we bought better players for less

So who are you going to replace him with?
How funny is it that the best manager we have had in my lifetime is being lambasted at the moment and held accountable given the state of his available resources?
So many experts who know all the answers.
" I demand instant gratification and silverware"

Let's all just ignore the reality of the situation shall we?

Yep, getting rid of the jewel in the crown is going to solve everything.

Back
Top Bottom