The Injury Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We've only really got 3 players out injured, who've really featured this season.

We could do with Son coming back ASAP.

Avengers: Pochinity War : coys

This is some grade A shitposting on our injury crisis
Skipp flashing up for a split second made me laugh.
:dembelelol:

We've only really got 3 players out injured, who've really featured this season.

We could do with Son coming back ASAP.

While this is true, Wanyama seemingly being broken, Dembele going, and Llorente probably being worse this year than last (which is already not a great benchmark) while competing on four fronts is an accident waiting to happen.

If I looked at our squad (as it is) and we were playing once a week, I'd be nervous about getting any more injuries. We'll be making them do way more than that though.

While this is true, Wanyama seemingly being broken, Dembele going, and Llorente probably being worse this year than last (which is already not a great benchmark) while competing on four fronts is an accident waiting to happen.

If I looked at our squad (as it is) and we were playing once a week, I'd be nervous about getting any more injuries. We'll be making them do way more than that though.

Dele being out is more of an issue for me than having no Son and Kane. We've proven we can get by without Kane and Son isn't even out injured.

But I'm refusing to be worried until a game shows me we should be. I think people will step up. Chelsea at Stamford Bridge ISNT that game. We've won their ONCE in 25+ years. Losing to them on Thursday, whilst would be horrible, isn't a cause for concern.

Losing to Palace away in the FA Cup however....

Dele being out is more of an issue for me than having no Son and Kane. We've proven we can get by without Kane and Son isn't even out injured.

But I'm refusing to be worried until a game shows me we should be. I think people will step up. Chelsea at Stamford Bridge ISNT that game. We've won their ONCE in 25+ years. Losing to them on Thursday, whilst would be horrible, isn't a cause for concern.

Losing to Palace away in the FA Cup however....
I mean, being perfectly honest the Fulham game worried me already. They're really rather bad, and we made the hardest work possible out of that match. Small margins and all that - without the last gasp goal this forum would have been melting down for the last 48 hours.

I do agree that Dele is the biggest injury worry considering we're good with Son in the team when Kane is absent (and Son will be back fairly soon).

I mean, being perfectly honest the Fulham game worried me already. They're really rather bad, and we made the hardest work possible out of that match. Small margins and all that - without the last gasp goal this forum would have been melting down for the last 48 hours.

I do agree that Dele is the biggest injury worry considering we're good with Son in the team when Kane is absent (and Son will be back fairly soon).

I thought we were the much better team in the Fulham game, especially in the second half. They had their chances in the first, but that was also a Spurs team getting used to a striker up top in Llorente who hadn't started in over a year and playing a back three for the first time in the league since when? August? September?

We've started slowly in almost every single league game this season, Fulham was no different. In the second half we could have had 3 or 4 goals. Not to mention we were denied a blatant penalty and an overall shit referee who could quite easily have cost us the game.

Chelsea away is Chelsea away. We lose that, I'm not going to go blaming our depth. But Palace away in the Cup and then the league game next week and I'll start to worry. These games are coming thick and fast now. Lucas and Sissoko both being back is a big plus.

League Cup final without both Dele and Kane though would be horrible for them. Even if our chances of beating City were already slim.

I thought we were the much better team in the Fulham game, especially in the second half. They had their chances in the first, but that was also a Spurs team getting used to a striker up top in Llorente who hadn't started in over a year and playing a back three for the first time in the league since when? August? September?

We've started slowly in almost every single league game this season, Fulham was no different. In the second half we could have had 3 or 4 goals. Not to mention we were denied a blatant penalty and an overall shit referee who could quite easily have cost us the game.

Chelsea away is Chelsea away. We lose that, I'm not going to go blaming our depth. But Palace away in the Cup and then the league game next week and I'll start to worry. These games are coming thick and fast now. Lucas and Sissoko both being back is a big plus.
(For reference, I'm not putting any eggs in the Chelsea basket either as like you say, that's losable regardless of having injuries or not)

Personally, I disagree. The referee at Craven Cottage was abysmal but I think we looked way more laboured trying to cut Fulham open than we did against United the previous Sunday! Bearing in mind how bad Fulham are this year, I think it's a bad sign how many chances we gave up for them to score. We dominated the possession with 73% but...

Shots: Fulham 12 - 14 Spurs
Shots on Target: Fulham 4 - 5 Spurs

We papered over the cracks at the end there.

TDLR: We should have not bothered with this season. We are going to get knocked out of both cups this weekend which means our season is over cause we don't stand a chance in Champions League and Utd are on a roll and will knock us out of the top 4.

TDLR: We should have not bothered with this season. We are going to get knocked out of both cups this weekend which means our season is over cause we don't stand a chance in Champions League and Utd are on a roll and will knock us out of the top 4.

Ffs who better to comment than that fuckwit

50724703_1184522891710836_1811904315426603008_n.jpg

(For reference, I'm not putting any eggs in the Chelsea basket either as like you say, that's losable regardless of having injuries or not)

Personally, I disagree. The referee at Craven Cottage was abysmal but I think we looked way more laboured trying to cut Fulham open than we did against United the previous Sunday! Bearing in mind how bad Fulham are this year, I think it's a bad sign how many chances we gave up for them to score. We dominated the possession with 73% but...

Shots: Fulham 12 - 14 Spurs
Shots on Target: Fulham 4 - 5 Spurs

We papered over the cracks at the end there.

Agree, we rode our luck in the first half, think Mitrovic offside goal and Babel header in particular. Dunno but for me I don’t like when we play 3 at the back, seem less attacking. Obviously, poch knows what he’s doing but seems like, if we are to play a 3, we should pay Sanchez in the middle of the 3 given verts and Toby have more experience playing as full backs (for Belgium) and give us more on the ball.

Agree, we rode our luck in the first half, think Mitrovic offside goal and Babel header in particular. Dunno but for me I don’t like when we play 3 at the back, seem less attacking. Obviously, poch knows what he’s doing but seems like, if we are to play a 3, we should pay Sanchez in the middle of the 3 given verts and Toby have more experience playing as full backs (for Belgium) and give us more on the ball.

I like 3 at the back to be honest.

Then again, I think our best and most complete performance under Pochettino came with 3 at the back (Alderweireld, Dier, Vertonghen).

I like 3 at the back to be honest.

Then again, I think our best and most complete performance under Pochettino came with 3 at the back (Alderweireld, Dier, Vertonghen).

3 can def work but not convinced Davison is comfortable enough on the ball plus against the best teams I’m not convinced it’s the best solution or gives us enough attacking intent.

3 can def work but not convinced Davison is comfortable enough on the ball plus against the best teams I’m not convinced it’s the best solution or gives us enough attacking intent.

I think it's probably something that might require us to play with all personnel fit.

Remember we smashed Liverpool 4-1 at Wembley last season with a back three of Alderweireld, Sanchez and Vertonghen. I don't think it hinders our attack at all to be honest. It pushes our wing backs forward so they're practically playing midfield and we still have Dele, Eriksen, Son and Kane all on the pitch at the same time.

I do think Foyth is better than Sanchez though and would love to see a back three involving him and Toby and Jan.

I have yet to see a better Spurs team or Spurs performance than the one this team put on.

What a shame that we only HAD that line up available for 2 games, due to injury (Chelsea 2-0, West Brom 4-0)

Dtj14kAXQAAc4TU.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom