Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In all competitions this season he's played a part in 16 games for both Senior & U23. His record in the games involved in is:

Played 16 Won 13 Drawn 1 Lost 2

His record for the senior team in games involved in is:

Played 8 Won 8

Not a bad way to start your Spurs career when you're still doing your A-Levels

So start Skipp and Gazza in every game and we win the league for sure.....

Excellent

Being brought on when we're looking to see out a 1-0 lead in a semi-final. Poch trusts the lad. Ok - it was only a 5 minute cameo, but still, I think it's a great statement. Let's hope we see more of him over the next weeks.
He did more in 5 minutes than Eriksen did all game (yes I'm on a downer with Eriksen at the moment! )

Time to step up.

Think he's already done the big step up to the first team - his first start v Burnley surely showed that.

A few nice 'add ons' to that performance being 2 assists v Tranmere (yes I know its only Tranmere but with only 7 goals scored then, he got a third of the assists) and at the other end of the scale being asked to see out the last 5 minutes v Chelsea was carried out with aplomb.

He just needs .to continue to get more minutes and IMO he'll naturally continue to improve.

I'd play him most games. Winks is good but we need someone more defensive.
I think they complement each other perfectly tbh. Skipp is a bit better defensively and Winks is better on the ball. Could absolutely see this as a long term CM partnership for Spurs that should have a great balance to it. It would be bloody great too to see a couple of Spurs academy graduates regularly playing with each other in the middle of the park.

As big a risk of playing for a month with Llorente up top?

Can't see him starting Llorente on Sunday. Dele, Lucas or Lamela.

Neither Winks and Skipp together. When is Dier back? I thought appendicitis was keyhole and you returned to work the same day! I know he's a pro footballer but it's been over a month now.

The squad is on it's uppers. Who knows what the bench will look like. Another injury (Dele or Eriksen) and there are major problems. Dembele gone, need to call back Onomah from loan.

However no panic buying please. Just 3 points on Sunday.

Neither Winks and Skipp together. When is Dier back? I thought appendicitis was keyhole and you returned to work the same day! I know he's a pro footballer but it's been over a month now.

The squad is on it's uppers. Who knows what the bench will look like. Another injury (Dele or Eriksen) and there are major problems. Dembele gone, need to call back Onomah from loan.

It was acute appendicitis emergency surgery stuff. The stuff that can be fatal if it isn't caught in time.

A Skipp/Winks CM should definitely be on the cards on Sunday.
With our injury list continually growing this could end up being the only option we have in a huge game.

If it isn't working against one of the worst teams in the league then it isn't going to work going forward.

We'll see. If we're forced to play them both together our injury situation is worse than I thought. What will the bench look like?
I don't even want to think about our bench.

Against United it was Gazza, Foyth, Sanchez, Rose, Skipp, Lamela and Llorente.

Take Sissoko, Kane and Son out of the starting line up and replace them with Skipp, Lamela and Llorente for example and we look incredibly short. Wanyama, Dier and Lucas need to get fit ASAP.

As a side note, Winks is on 4 yellow cards at the moment. If he gets booked on Sunday would that mean a suspension? Another absent CM is all we need!

An 18 year old and listen to some of you.

The state of us.

Shocking.

No idea what you're talking about.

We're discussing the possibilities for Sunday (this is a forum after all). The yellow card situation I'd not considered. Winks will almost certainly play Sunday and the possibility of another yellow is greater than another injury (as unthinkable as that is). Either way it causes problems.

Presumably in your world everything is rosy?

If we dont use Llorente it rams home the fact he needs upgrading.
Dier, no idea....our injuries take years for some reason.

I wouldnt be surprised if we dont see Kane or Sissoko again this season to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom