Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fucking nightmare
Yep. On all of his previous injuries, I didn't bat an eyelid, I knew we had the cover to score goals and on each occasion, we stepped up and Son, Dele, Eriksen & Lamela Et al all had us continue our scoring ways.

For the first time, I am apprehensive. This feeling is of course primarily driven by losing Son who has been the person best suited to play up top in the past, not to mention his recent form has been fire!

Also, I'm not totally convinced by Lucas yet, there are aspects to his game I enjoy, like his running with and without the ball, he has also upped his game defensively too but he doesn't link well with those around him. This is twofold, without the ball our players don't read his runs and when he's on the ball he doesn't find his teammates. Our one-touch play around the box against Utd was fantastic, right now I can't see Lucas playing like that, I think he has the skill just not the understanding.

Lamela I see as vital, whilst I have no worries of him contributing I am concerned over his fitness and whether a run of back to back games will hinder him. That said if Kane's out for 4 weeks then the impact of games missed might not be too high, especially as there is mini-brake coming.

Last is Llorente, I think he's a good player but when he's played previously we've not played to his strengths, we've asked him to play our way (Kane way), he can't. I see him as a target man, a player that plays the width of the 18yrd box and good aerially. I think he's good at holding the ball up and bringing others into play but he's not in Kane's class of doing this, I think he's more about winning a header or flicking a ball onto to players who run beyond him. I've not seen him hold the ball up and hit a long diagonal ball out to the wings or take the ball and turn the oppo and run into space the way Kane does.

Maybe I have the sweats on too much and maybe this is amplified because we have other significant injuries to deal with too but this team does respond well to adversity and whenever it's been doubted we have found solutions. Time for them to dig deep and do it again.

Last edited:
Even if South Korea make the final Son is only going to miss three league games, Fulham, Watford and Newcastle...we should be OK there. The Chelsea semi will be tougher, we need Dele to do his usual against them and the Palace cup game will be a lottery depending how strong the Palace team will be...

Llorente is a VERY good header of the ball... an 'old school CF' if you will...

But he needs crosses... good crosses!

Trippier is probably one of the best first time crosses of a ball at the club... (despIte other misgivings about his other range of short passing!)

I'd stick Tripps AND Lamela/Moura on the wing, or whoever can whip in crosses for Llorente... we might have to change it up for the time Kane/Son are out...

There's no point replacing like for like, when Llorente clearly ISN'T a like for like Kane replacement...
If anything, Kane had been playing slightly deeper recently, so either Dele or Eriksen would be more suited for that role.

Either way, Kane and Son are gonna be a miss for us... we just need to be clever in how we replace them in the short term!
:kanehand::sonhmm:

Except of course none of that is true - here's last season's numbers in full - a fantastic job by our physios ...

skysports-graphic-injuries_4298750.jpg

and this season's numbers to date have us mid-table with West Ham way out in front - again that's a pretty good job bearing in mind we had most of the squad on World Cup duty ....
I think some of these numbers can be very misleading, they include injuries to the entire registered first team squad. They don't separate a first 11 player with a bit part or no part player. e.g Chelsea's injuries are Loftus-Cheek & van Ginkel, Woolwich's Holding & Wellbeck, City Bravo, Man U, Rojo & Smalling, Liverpool Oxlaide-Chamberlain, Lallana & Lovren. I think West Ham's is really hurting them as it includes Lanzini, Ried, Wilshire (who I think is shit but for them is probably better than Noble(?), Carroll, Yarmolenko (surely he's better than Antonio) but in that list there is also Sanchez (who?) and Fredricks.

Even if South Korea make the final Son is only going to miss three league games, Fulham, Watford and Newcastle...we should be OK there. The Chelsea semi will be tougher, we need Dele to do his usual against them and the Palace cup game will be a lottery depending how strong the Palace team will be...

Great just the 9pts and knocked out of both cups then

:pochshock:

Scan this morning means the swelling must have gone down pretty quickly.

I'll stick with my 3 week prediction. Back for Leicester with Son.

Except of course none of that is true - here's last season's numbers in full - a fantastic job by our physios ...

skysports-graphic-injuries_4298750.jpg

and this season's numbers to date have us mid-table with West Ham way out in front - again that's a pretty good job bearing in mind we had most of the squad on World Cup duty ....
If you just had one player that was off for ages but a fully fit team otherwise.
That could skew the statistics couldn't it?

Difference is that the other two players are late. Kane gets there before them, playing the ball, while the Utd players are late and end up hitting Kane's foot/ankle instead.
We are talking a tenth of a second here, I don't see it as a foul especially by Lindelof and it's still hard to determine if Jones did stand on Kane's foot if he did then that would be a foul but it's fucking hard to be 100% accurate if that was indeed what happened. Well for me it would appear lol.

We are talking a tenth of a second here, I don't see it as a foul especially by Lindelof and it's still hard to determine if Jones did stand on Kane's foot if he did then that would be a foul but it's fucking hard to be 100% accurate if that was indeed what happened. Well for me it would appear lol.
In real time I agree it may not be a yellow because it's a committed attempt to clear the ball, not malicious, but it's still late, kicking the player, and may be deemed reckless because of the power involved. Either way, for me it was a stonewall freekick.

Back
Top Bottom