Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United (Wembley)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bloke a few rows in front of me yesterday caught the ball and got his son to take a photo of him holding it - took about 30 seconds for him to throw it back, we'd just gone 1-0 down and the players were rushing to try to carve out a chance to equalise before half time.

I don't suppose you are reading this, but just in case I'd like to let you know that you Sir are a complete bellend.

Saw that from behind the goal, though didnt see the photo being taken. What a twat.

Bloke about 4 seats to the right of me got smashed straight in the face with one of our wayward shots. He was OK till it took a deflection of someones hand in front of him and diverted it straight at him.. Don't know what hurt more, the ball twatting him, or the abuse he got as his girlfriend was rubbing his face and consoling him...

I’ve been to a fair few matches this season, and I have to say the amount of blatant time wasting the opposition keepers are doing is amazing.

I’m not sure if it’s just the atmosphere in the stadium, coincidence or what but I certainly don’t seem to notice it on the telly.

De Gea was a disgrace with it yesterday, the entire crowd felt it and booed constantly with hisbslowly edging back and Dean (and in other matches, other refs) aren’t booking the keeper. When did this stop for bigger teams? Fucking Ederson was doing it in the City game too.
I was amazed that Mike Dean didn't at least have a word with him as he was doing it from the first half.

Did anyone else see Martial's hand in the face of Dele (I think) at the end of the 1st half. Play had just stopped for a firm challenge and although it was down the other end of the ground it looked clearly like he had his hand up on his face.

You'd expect any keeper to have stopped the majority of those shots.

Agreed (the majority), but we only needed two to get past him!

It's done, over. It wasn't the ref or the pitch, or tiredness (we outran them four days after playing Chelsea while they put their feet up in the sun), it was us (and De Gea). We need to start preparing for Fulham with a check of who's fit.

At the risk of sounding like a stuck record, "our squad is not deep enough to sustain challenges in four competitions (realistically three now) and cater for loss of form and/or INJURIES" Whoever plays Sunday, our bench will look pretty thin. We need an update on Kane, Dier, Wanyama, Sissoko, Lucas etc. alongside any niggles picked up yesterday.

January is not the time to buy - we need to look forward to Summer '19.

I was amazed that Mike Dean didn't at least have a word with him as he was doing it from the first half.
That was straight up, small time, bottom of the table gamesmanship. Park the bus, time waste a 0-0, nick an opportunistic goal.
(the only thing missing was Joe Hart dancing his little jig before the run up)

Last edited:
I thought we played well,really well in parts.
Just wasnt our day in front of goal.As for the keeper.i think he made some of those saves seem easier than what they were. Great performance for him.
On the train back to Marylebone, a fella was looking at stats for him(yeah, i know, but..) on his blower.His best performance for certain goal stopping saves is 7.He has done that twice ,against Watford and against Woolwich.Yesterday it was 9.
As a side note...I have never seen so many half n half scarves as i did yesterday, there was a plague of them where i was(M).
Great day,ruined somewhat by a disappointing result.My brothers mate managed to get lost twice, once on the train out of Marylebone (don't ask) and once coming back to his seat after half time(he ended up in the row behind us).

It's done, over. It wasn't the ref or the pitch, or tiredness (we outran them four days after playing Chelsea while they put their feet up in the sun), it was us (and De Gea). We need to start preparing for Fulham with a check of who's fit.

At the risk of sounding like a stuck record, "our squad is not deep enough to sustain challenges in four competitions (realistically three now) and cater for loss of form and/or INJURIES" Whoever plays Sunday, our bench will look pretty thin. We need an update on Kane, Dier, Wanyama, Sissoko, Lucas etc. alongside any niggles picked up yesterday.

I disagree. .any squad with four or five injuries to key players looks threadbare so I don't think lack of buying has hurt so far. .you only have a limited number in the squad anyway

why 3 now

are we not going to bother playing the rest of our league games?

To be fair after that first half display I thought we'd pass it around aimlessly until we conceded another one then Pochettino would go and change two or three players at once without any effect. It didn't happen that way and I strongly believe had our finishing been slightly better, we could have turned it around. That was some shit bad luck really. But I guess with this defeat, we can forget about the title for a while and we can concentrate properly on the League Cup and why not FA Cup and maybe Champions League.

I'm rattled because your posts depend on who you're replying to.
Twatti slags off our players and you jump to his defence like a spineless cliquey prat despite your main issue being people not happy with squad depth.

Common on this forum, people dish out Xs and get into heated debates about certain shit but when their allies say the same or worse there's silence, weak men.

What questions have I dodged? At worst I miss some notifications as I have lots atm.

I've praised Levy many times and am not calling for his head. I love Poch more than anyone here (I literally believe he should not be criticised for anything). But I know you'd love to put me into a camp like a wanker yet I'm the binary one.

If it's an emergency then no I don't blame Poch for not throwing his toys out of the pram. I would hold my tongue and then if no changes come (depending on what's been promised and the timeframe) I'd just walk.
Happens all the time. People like spursdem personally abuse our players & suddenly his allies go all quiet. The same with him wrongly accusing others of racism... they are all cool with that too.

Happens all the time. People like spursdem personally abuse our players & suddenly his allies go all quiet. The same with him wrongly accusing others of racism... they are all cool with that too.
Oh mate the gymnastics is something else too.

Airclitt reckons that despite twatti saying we have the worst fullbacks in the top half of the league he doesn't want signings to replace them lmao.

why 3 now

are we not going to bother playing the rest of our league games?

Dozy post!

I think the key word is 'realistically'. We're nine points behind with a poorer GD and 16 games left. So we have to better Liverpool by 10 points with 48 on offer?

I think CL qualification is our realistic goal. Of course I want to win the league, but am being realistic.

Problem is 90% of the refs seem well below the required standard, so who is going to replace him?....

They really need to start paying far higher salaries to refs, make it a viable later life career for ex-pro footballers.
Strangely, most of these ref's you can't imagine playing football even in their younger adult days. You would think someone who has played the game at a decent level would understand the game better. So I agree about the ex pro's idea. I guess it would have to be an ex pro from the lower leagues or else there's no incentive & he would be seen as biased due to who he has played for.

Strangely, most of these ref's you can't imagine playing football even in their younger adult days. You would think someone who has played the game at a decent level would understand the game better. So I agree about the ex pro's idea. I guess it would have to be an ex pro from the lower leagues or else there's no incentive & he would be seen as biased due to who he has played for.
Maybe a way forward for some of the pros who never quite made it.released by clubs etc?I remember Hoddle starting something a few years back to get them back into football.

I disagree. .any squad with four or five injuries to key players looks threadbare so I don't think lack of buying has hurt so far. .you only have a limited number in the squad anyway

Not going to open up the 'our squad is strong enough debate' as it's been done to death in other threads.

My thoughts are... "no it isn't" ...as exposed now.

Others think "yes it is". Good for them. Dream on.

On to Fulham. Any injury news?

I had a bad feeling about this game. Too many injuries. Impressive effort from the players, really pleased with how we applied ourselves. Felt we deserved more from the game, and I think had we scored one we would have got a second, but we just could't get the ball in the net, despite some good chances.

In terms of the season as a whole I don't think the loss of these three points will turn out to hurt us. We're by far the best team behind Liverpool and City this season, so should still finish third. Hopefully we can win one of the other competitions if we get some players back from injury.

Any of Dier, Dembele, Wanyama would have made a big difference over the last few games. The only problem is that Dembele looks like he's off and Wanyama may be broken. We really do need to buy someone to be honest. Summer may be the better time for it but then our chances of winning something this season take a serious hit.

Oh mate the gymnastics is something else too.

Airclitt reckons that despite twatti saying we have the worst fullbacks in the top half of the league he doesn't want signings to replace them lmao.
I don't know what they think will happen if they don't agree with 1 of their allies. Yeah airflixx is one of the worst for it which is why I put him on ignore a very long time ago. Always backing up spursdem, no matter what personal abuse he gave our players. Wouldn't dare criticise him for abusing our players. He try's way too hard to be liked by him.

Bloke a few rows in front of me yesterday caught the ball and got his son to take a photo of him holding it - took about 30 seconds for him to throw it back, we'd just gone 1-0 down and the players were rushing to try to carve out a chance to equalise before half time.

I don't suppose you are reading this, but just in case I'd like to let you know that you Sir are a complete bellend.
I wondered why it look so long to get that ball back, what a cunt.

Back
Top Bottom