Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United (Wembley)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ok, but if the cash isn't there.... Then what? Where does that (vastly conservative) £250m net spend (+ wages) YOU asked for in this very thread come from?
Levy himself said money had been set aside and the stadium wouldn't result in an austerity phase.
Even if little binary old me doesn't take that to mean a war chest, it should still mean we can show some ambition ffs. Not asking the board to cure cancer mate.

Rashford scored... Not sure that speaks of their or his broader finishing quality... Typically, Rashford's dreadfully wasteful.

Not having a dig tho'... I concur it's hard to explain beyond being philosophical like you were.

Yeah it was more that he had one chance and it was a well placed finish. He hit it across the goalie and low with decent pace.

Maybe OGS has got them doing a lot more shooting practice.

The problem is that all that IF it had come together at the same time would have seen us win the EPL, no worries. For some reason it didn't. Now, we have the best striker in the World, best playmaker in the World, but the two centre halves one would struggle to make top ten, one i having a poor season and his future has to be pondered.

Time moves on, and teams need to move on with it. Sadly certain players in our team aren't at their best this season, but are bulletproof because of what they have done previously.
Irons are best struck when hot bro.

Poch being magic means we wouldn't even have to splash like City or Pool.

Stupid from tripper but why are the centre backs playing in midfield, why is Hugo standing outside the post and giving rashford the angle to score, was it Davies he run past with the ball over the top. I know it was a great goal but why is he ball watching instead of looking behind to see the man. So many mistakes leading up to that goal!!

We should have won yesterday on chances created.

Everyone can see that but lost. Bad luck? Not for me. How football is at times? Yep but it's 6 losses this season.

Pochettino saying the 2nd half was the best we had played in his 4 and a half years is nonsense. We were better against Liverpool last season at Anfield off the top of my head and I am sure I could example other performances.

We can talk about 16 wins (great) but 6 losses. I will always argue that a strong team maybe wins 14 of those, draws 5 ot 6 and maybe loses 2 or 3. And the top 2 teams so far this season (and likeliest to win the title have what stats?)

We lack options of the requisite quality. How they get into the squad and by that I also mean whether they cost 40 million plus or are picked up as a bargain matters not a jot. We are 2 or 3 players short.

Our squad has been beset by injuries and obviously that has been a problem but for me we lack depth in quality and have been found wanting a bit too much. So our defence has been good but not quite good enough. Our midfield and attack the same. In essence no area of the team has been top notch this season and you don't mount title challenges unless you top the stats in one of those areas.

Will January see new additions? I guess the answer will show where our ambitions lie for this season because with our fingers in all pies it seems obvious we are being stretched and may not get over the finishing line again.

Last edited:
Try and stay calm and on topic there's a good fellow....

That you in your avatar btw? :llorishuh: :sonpoint:

I remind you, I was posting about us weathering an injury shit-storm...

I can't help it if you wanna hijack my post to support your tunnel visioned agenda of "buy, buy, buy" and how Eriksen won't re-sign.

Relax; even if you shy way from the standard difficult questions that your ilk does; putting 2 + 2 together it's quite clear you blame Levy for being a tight cunt.... I'm not sure why you're so rattled by my comments tonight.

Can I ask, if you believe us to in dire straights in terms of fit CMs and Poch doesn't adopt an emergency "we need a body" policy in this instance (compared to his usual, far more meticulous criteria); would you say he's being reckless or would this still be Levy's fault?
I'm rattled because your posts depend on who you're replying to.
Twatti slags off our players and you jump to his defence like a spineless cliquey prat despite your main issue being people not happy with squad depth.

Common on this forum, people dish out Xs and get into heated debates about certain shit but when their allies say the same or worse there's silence, weak men.

What questions have I dodged? At worst I miss some notifications as I have lots atm.

I've praised Levy many times and am not calling for his head. I love Poch more than anyone here (I literally believe he should not be criticised for anything). But I know you'd love to put me into a camp like a wanker yet I'm the binary one.

If it's an emergency then no I don't blame Poch for not throwing his toys out of the pram. I would hold my tongue and then if no changes come (depending on what's been promised and the timeframe) I'd just walk.

Stupid from tripper but why are the centre backs playing in midfield, why is Hugo standing outside the post and giving rashford the angle to score, was it Davies he run past with the ball over the top. I know it was a great goal but why is he ball watching instead of looking behind to see the man. So many mistakes leading up to that goal!!
It was Jan that Rashford ran laps around for the goal. It's a risk when playing with a high line

Too pissed off to post when I got back last night, that result hurt. But Poch's class comments and watching it on the telly have helped - unlike Pogba, we looked better on the replays than in the flesh. Ofc a lot depends on Harry's ankle.

I'm sure Tripps is gutted, but it can't keep happening. The analysis on Hugo's positioning was damning, we were sat right in line with Rashford and could all sense he was going across the goal - hindsight I suppose. He did of course make some great saves later on.

Overall, I'm trying now to put a positive spin on this - we were never going to beat both City and the Dippers this year, we might well have taken them to the last month but it would have been heartbreaking again. So let's just trim our expectation in the PL (& hope that City win it), secure top 4, win the LC and go deep in CL & FAC. That would be a brilliant season from having to play at Wembley, and tees us up for a great first season back home.

I'd like to see just a couple of high quality midfield signings over the summer and a top class young striker with potential, and I think we need to sort RB out - though my preference would be for Tripps to recover his World Cup form and KWP to step up.

Preventable in two or three phases after the mistake

Yeah it was more that he had one chance and it was a well placed finish. He hit it across the goalie and low with decent pace.

Maybe OGS has got them doing a lot more shooting practice.

Basically did what Dele couldn’t
1-1 there and we win, for me a far bigger impact on the game in the end.

Bloke a few rows in front of me yesterday caught the ball and got his son to take a photo of him holding it - took about 30 seconds for him to throw it back, we'd just gone 1-0 down and the players were rushing to try to carve out a chance to equalise before half time.

I don't suppose you are reading this, but just in case I'd like to let you know that you Sir are a complete bellend.

Too pissed off to post when I got back last night, that result hurt. But Poch's class comments and watching it on the telly have helped - unlike Pogba, we looked better on the replays than in the flesh. Ofc a lot depends on Harry's ankle.

I'm sure Tripps is gutted, but it can't keep happening. The analysis on Hugo's positioning was damning, we were sat right in line with Rashford and could all sense he was going across the goal - hindsight I suppose. He did of course make some great saves later on.

Overall, I'm trying now to put a positive spin on this - we were never going to beat both City and the Dippers this year, we might well have taken them to the last month but it would have been heartbreaking again. So let's just trim our expectation in the PL (& hope that City win it), secure top 4, win the LC and go deep in CL & FAC. That would be a brilliant season from having to play at Wembley, and tees us up for a great first season back home.

I'd like to see just a couple of high quality midfield signings over the summer and a top class young striker with potential, and I think we need to sort RB out - though my preference would be for Tripps to recover his World Cup form and KWP to step up.

Balanced and good post. Don't agree with some if it but well written.

Bloke a few rows in front of me yesterday caught the ball and got his son to take a photo of him holding it - took about 30 seconds for him to throw it back, we'd just gone 1-0 down and the players were rushing to try to carve out a chance to equalise before half time.

I don't suppose you are reading this, but just in case I'd like to let you know that you Sir are a complete bellend.

Noticed it took a while at the time. Assumed it was a half half scarf wearing tourist.

Back
Top Bottom