Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah.....you´re delighted he signed a baseless contract that means nothing

Thats what Im struggling to undertsand, as Ive explained five times. You and Scott find it logical, thats great.
I dont.

It's really not that complicated Sammy. You need to let this one go. John Thomas John Thomas has made it clear. He rates Poch extremely highly, therefore he's glad he signed a contract with us. But he also thinks that if he doesn't get the spending money that he keeps dropping very heavy hints he'd like, and offers from uber clubs keep coming in, there's a chance he may choose to walk away from that contact.

I don't agree with everything JT is saying, for example, I think one of the reasons Poch is not being more assertive with these statements is that he's aware that a major reason we didn't buy in the summer was not Levy, but the fact that Poch himself had used up about 150m in fees and wages on in HG players Sissoko, Aurier, Moura and Llorente - none of whom are world beaters - and there was no room in our squad or wage roster for any more non HG players.

I also don't agree with anyone that doesn't understand our financial model, and blames Levy for "not putting his hand in his pocket" that's just failing to grasp how we have been, and are run, like a normal business.

But I also don't understand people denying that Poch ever says anything contradictory, or off message. He frequently complains - in his very charming and humble way - that he's not competing on the same terms as other teams and that he would like to have more money to throw around.

He's a cute operator. On one hand he says "I'd like to be here for 20 years" then in the same interview says "I must ask Wenger how that worked out for him". He's basically saying what all sides want to hear. The Spurs fans can say "see he loves us" everyone else can say "clearly he realises how badly it ended for Wenger despite his loyalty, turning down big jobs etc".

I think we've got a great chairman who's dragged this club from laughing stock to one of Europe's top 10 clubs. I think we've got a great coach who's taken us to one of Europe's best footballing teams.

But it's crazy - for either side of this debate - in this industry to hang your hat on soundbites, especially when what they are saying is very ambiguous or contradictory. Would it surprise me if Poch was here next season? No, not at all. Would it surprise if he wasn't? no, not really. Dis is fooobal.

I think one of the reasons Poch is not being more assertive with these statements is that he's aware that a major reason we didn't buy in the summer was not Levy, but the fact that Poch himself had used up about 150m in fees and wages on in HG players Sissoko, Aurier, Moura and Llorente - none of whom are world beaters

Oh come on, there are few things worse than the old "X is responsible for all the bad transfers, Y is responsible for all the good ones" thing.

To the extent that Poch runs our recruitment policy (which I think gets overstated), he's spent a microscopic amount of money on a pretty decent set of players all told. It's hard to find players good enough to play for Poch's Spurs for anything short of a king's ransom.

Mauricio Pochettino: "I was there in the crowd in the Camp Nou in 1999. I remember when he (Solskjær) scored the second goal in injury time and how I shouted at the goal. [it] was unbelievable because I was neutral! It's that type of moment, you know."

This quote has got the poor little United fans all excited.
Ah yes, there can't be any other reason that a footballer living in Barcelona could go to watch a Champions League final on his doorstep.

As usual, Poch being classy and telling a nice story given Solsjær is his opposition manager on Sunday. Got to love how this will be focussed on more than the 20 years/whole career at Spurs comments.
:pochrolleyes:

It's really not that complicated Sammy. You need to let this one go. John Thomas John Thomas has made it clear. He rates Poch extremely highly, therefore he's glad he signed a contract with us. But he also thinks that if he doesn't get the spending money that he keeps dropping very heavy hints he'd like, and offers from uber clubs keep coming in, there's a chance he may choose to walk away from that contact.

I don't agree with everything JT is saying, for example, I think one of the reasons Poch is not being more assertive with these statements is that he's aware that a major reason we didn't buy in the summer was not Levy, but the fact that Poch himself had used up about 150m in fees and wages on in HG players Sissoko, Aurier, Moura and Llorente - none of whom are world beaters - and there was no room in our squad or wage roster for any more non HG players.

I also don't agree with anyone that doesn't understand our financial model, and blames Levy for "not putting his hand in his pocket" that's just failing to grasp how we have been, and are run, like a normal business.

But I also don't understand people denying that Poch ever says anything contradictory, or off message. He frequently complains - in his very charming and humble way - that he's not competing on the same terms as other teams and that he would like to have more money to throw around.

He's a cute operator. On one hand he says "I'd like to be here for 20 years" then in the same interview says "I must ask Wenger how that worked out for him". He's basically saying what all sides want to hear. The Spurs fans can say "see he loves us" everyone else can say "clearly he realises how badly it ended for Wenger despite his loyalty, turning down big jobs etc".

I think we've got a great chairman who's dragged this club from laughing stock to one of Europe's top 10 clubs. I think we've got a great coach who's taken us to one of Europe's best footballing teams.

But it's crazy - for either side of this debate - in this industry to hang your hat on soundbites, especially when what they are saying is very ambiguous or contradictory. Would it surprise me if Poch was here next season? No, not at all. Would it surprise if he wasn't? no, not really. Dis is fooobal.
I need to let it go.....this conversation finished a week ago

Would be amazing if the club planned for something like this to happen everytime a journo mentions Man Utd.

Sissoko could interrupt the next interview by standing in front of camera and delivering a heartfelt rendition of I Will Survive. Then the next time, Ben can pop in and tell us all how to say rude words in Welsh, etc.

Still don't think they'd take the hint tho!

Would be amazing if the club planned for something like this to happen everytime a journo mentions Man Utd.

Sissoko could interrupt the next interview by standing in front of camera and delivering a heartfelt rendition of I Will Survive. Then the next time, Ben can pop in and tell us all how to say rude words in Welsh, etc.

Still don't think they'd take the hint tho!
Looking forward to Jan and Toby showing up to hand out home made Belgian cookies

Where's my swooning couch? Keown on football focus just said he'd like Poch to stay at spurs.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom